Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zeke Pike Announcement

Started by BulldogBasketball, April 20, 2011, 07:03:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HotlantaHog

I hope we can keep the criticism and cheap shots at Pike down IF he picks Auburn or another school other than Arkansas.

He is still just a kid in high school.

jdhogster

Could it be the reason he chose 2:15 as the time because he will be the 2nd best QB after our best #15 (mallett)?  And don't you find it odd he is doing this on 4/20?  Toker maybe?

I AM ONLY KIDDING ON ALL ACCOUNTS!

Speedracer

So he wants to develop for the next level, thinks Mallett is the best qb in the draft, loved Clemson's campus town life and wr's and is going to commit to....auburn where Frazier just committed that is the exact style of qb?? Just don't get it.
Like smites bother me.

Hogsfan1981

Either way this goes I think he will need a coach that is on him all the time...keeping him in line.

Maybe going to Auburn would be best for him. Petrino does not make exceptions and doesn't mess around.

I will feel bad for the kid if by the time he starts playing Auburn starts seeing some discipline from past troubles.

I just don't see how any player picks Auburn right now...I guess a NC goes a long way in the eyes of a kid. Must have been one hell of a spring game.

Brewerfan10

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on April 20, 2011, 01:17:00 pm
Either way this goes I think he will need a coach that is on him all the time...keeping him in line.

Maybe going to Auburn would be best for him. Petrino does not make exceptions and doesn't mess around.

I will feel bad for the kid if by the time he starts playing Auburn starts seeing some discipline from past troubles.

I just don't see how any player picks Auburn right now...I guess a NC goes a long way in the eyes of a kid. Must have been one hell of a spring game.

Haha, I watched about 5 minutes of their spring game. Couldn't handle anymore.

razorhead94

Tennessee, Michigan, Auburn, Purdue, and Arkansas logos at the announcment per twitter updates.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

RazorHawg16

Who are u following that has that

razorhead94

Quote from: RazorHawg16 on April 20, 2011, 01:21:04 pm
Who are u following that has that

JHokanson Justin Hokanson
Tennessee, Auburn, Purdue, Michigan, Arkansas logos taped to front of the table for Pike's announcement.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Brewerfan10

Quote from: razorhead94 on April 20, 2011, 01:22:49 pm
JHokanson Justin Hokanson
Tennessee, Auburn, Purdue, Michigan, Arkansas logos taped to front of the table for Pike's announcement.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

I guess we were tied for 4th.....

poloprince

$PoLoPrInCe$

RazorPiggie

selfexplanatory

"In two seasons I will be taking my talents to........."
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

kibster

Quote from: RAZORPIGGIE on April 20, 2011, 01:26:32 pm
Still nothing?

They are saying it may be closer to 1:45 before we know.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

razorpride89

Announcement moved back to 1:30, possibly 1:45 according someone on twitter..

RazorCraft

Quote from: selfexplanatory on April 20, 2011, 01:29:13 pm
"In two seasons I will be taking my talents to........."

Arkansas!!!! 

I hope....
This is a show-me world and I'm sick of talking!
CBP

Uncle_dad

Quote from: razorpride89 on April 20, 2011, 01:29:51 pm

Auburn needed time to find an ATM.

FraggleHog

Quote from: jdhogster on April 20, 2011, 12:34:53 pm
Do they get reimbursed for their expenses if the kid doesn't choose their school?

No; the kid has to reimburse Auburn
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Oliver

Quote from: kibster on April 20, 2011, 01:29:38 pm
They are saying it may be closer to 1:45 before we know.

Damn just say Auburn and get it over with.

razorhead94

April 20, 2011, 01:31:32 pm #68 Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:34:10 pm by razorhead94
Its been moved back 1:45..

Only delaying the inevitable.

hogfan064

Quote from: razorpride89 on April 20, 2011, 01:29:51 pm

Are they waiting on Nova to circle the room?

poloprince

What type of fiasco is this kid pulling?  If you know just say it for goodness sake.
$PoLoPrInCe$

Turminator

Turminator

Quote from: razorhead94 on April 20, 2011, 01:19:36 pm
Tennessee, Michigan, Auburn, Purdue, and Arkansas logos at the announcment per twitter updates.

Where did Tennessee come from?  I don't remember them in the final four.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: poloprince on April 20, 2011, 01:33:45 pm
What type of fiasco is this kid pulling?  If you know just say it for goodness sake.

He may have changed his mind at the last second...... like DeArrius Howard when he committed to Arkansas instead of Tennessee...
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

RazorCraft

He would prob be successful at Tenner...they will need a Qb bad and they have history.

That being said, he'd look best and do best in a hog uni!
CBP

Break & Run

I think he is having a change of heart towards the Hogs.....(that's a good thing!!)
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

hogfan14

Quote from: RazorCraft on April 20, 2011, 01:38:40 pm
He would prob be successful at Tenner...they will need a Qb bad and they have history.

That being said, he'd look best and do best in a hog uni!

wasnt bray a true freshman last year? i think purdue is where he could start right away

razorhead94

Oliver

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on April 20, 2011, 01:40:06 pm
I think he is having a change of heart towards the Hogs.....(that's a good thing!!)

Don't get your hopes up.  I'm sure he still raises the AllBarn hat.

Turminator

Quote from: poloprince on April 20, 2011, 01:33:45 pm

Auburn must be upping the ante

Hogpkins

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on April 20, 2011, 01:40:06 pm

I don't understand.  When did he tell everyone he was choosing Auburn?  If he hasn't named a school before, then whatever school he picks today is the one he always wanted.

RazorCraft

Yeah, but he'll be a jr when ZP gets on campus...learn a year and then play.  Bray might have the stuff to leave after his jr yr. 

I still hope hes a hog!
CBP

A Hogwork Orange

The_Bionic_Pig

Dixie Heights principal speaking now, choking up when talking about Zeke Pike, thanks the family
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogball33

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

razorhead94

HotlantaHog

April 20, 2011, 01:49:22 pm #88 Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:50:53 pm by HotlantaHog

The Hawg Marshal

jdhogster

It's sort of official.  Auburn.

Hogsfan1981

ESPN recruiting and others don't even list Arkansas. Weird.

A Hogwork Orange

Wow dont understand it at all.

Oliver

TechHawg

I don't understand it for the life of me.

Marshfieldhog

A Hogwork Orange

Quote from: Oliver on April 20, 2011, 01:49:57 pm
Huge shocker!

Not a shocker just dont know y he would pick that place.

wholehog92

My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

Turminator

The_Iceman

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$