Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[Basketball] Jordon Granger

Started by waynespur21, February 13, 2011, 04:31:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

waynespur21

Plays with BJ Young at McCluer North. He's 6-7 or 6-8 around 190lbs. This kid is very athletic and has quick hands.

I think he is the 2012 class and I know he has an offer from us as well. Man I hope we land this kid, he is just flat out impressive.

Watching the rerun of the McCluer North vs Chaminade featuring BJ Young versus Bradly Beal. Beal is a freaking beast also but he's signed with Florida and the #2 SG.

Rivals-
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordon-Granger-117233

I couldn't find a Scout profile for him.

Thoughts?

LA Football fan

I would try to get in on some one that is already SEC ready for a big man.  Granger didn't impress that much last night.   He would struggle at that weight inside in the SEC.  He is still at least 2 years away from being ready at the college level IMO.   If we can wait on him to develop then maybe but right now he would not be my first option.

The_Iceman

Granger is probably only 16 or 17 years old. Not many guys are ready for the SEC.

If he grows an inch or two and continues adding weight as he matures, he would be a solid post player. Very soft touch inside and plays with his back to the basket, which I love!

mmhogs17

Quote from: LA Football fan on February 13, 2011, 09:10:30 am
I would try to get in on some one that is already SEC ready for a big man.  Granger didn't impress that much last night.   He would struggle at that weight inside in the SEC.  He is still at least 2 years away from being ready at the college level IMO.   If we can wait on him to develop then maybe but right now he would not be my first option.

He is a 16 year old Junior. Not many are SEC ready at that point.

waynespur21

Well he already has an offer from Pel and has plenty of time to put on some weight. The dude is full of talent.

LA Football fan

The two I saw that was full of talent were Beal and Young.  Granger did a good job but like I said I believe you can find the talent that Granger has just about anywhere.   No one knows including me how he will progress and like I said if we don't need him right away I don't see a problem with going after him and letting him continue to develop.  He just wouldn't be my first choice right now.  I would want to see him play on the AAU circuit this summer and see how he handles playing against talent equal to or better than him.   To me it is way too early to be putting our emphasis on him.   We need bigger bodies IMO than what we have.   You look at teams like Georgia, MSU, Alabama and you see big bodies that can play and until we get some talent in here at that size you will continue to see us struggle on rebounding.

waynespur21

He plays AAU ball with Beal and Young.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: LA Football fan on February 13, 2011, 09:10:30 am
I would try to get in on some one that is already SEC ready for a big man.  Granger didn't impress that much last night.   He would struggle at that weight inside in the SEC.  He is still at least 2 years away from being ready at the college level IMO.   If we can wait on him to develop then maybe but right now he would not be my first option.

Good thing he is about two years from being a freshmen in college.

LA Football fan

Yep but the problem you got is he will sign next November a 1 1/2 before he steps foot in college.   You have early developers and late developers.  Like I said, I would watch him this summer in AAU and see how he does.  If he holds his own then great but if he doesn't then you are taking a chance on bringing in someone that really isn't going to contribute and Pel has had too many of those type recruits his first 3 years.   Granger is a good player right now but there are plenty of good 6' 8" guys out there.  See how he competes this summer and everyone including us should be able to see a little bit better just how good he may be in college.  That is why our class was rated so high is that they competed and won on the AAU circuit.   If he does that this summer with B J being  here we should be in good shape recruiting wise with our relationship with him already being established.

ruarealhogfan

Kid obviously needs weight room work, but he is still young, could grow another inch or two before he steps on any campus...