Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

[MERGED] - ALL Matt Hall Transfer discussion HERE

Started by JackJohnson, January 09, 2010, 12:38:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Firednutt on January 12, 2010, 11:13:25 am
I'm a real nutt huger. I started and still own firenutt.com.
Anytime someone has a different thought than your, they call you a hugger is childish. Learn facts first
Then I guess it's time for you to start flying banners at next seasons games. Or ask Petrino to put you on staff to help him out.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

scootman

I think there are ppl on this board who are not going to be happy with any coach or any staff. They are angry ppl. I was as anti-Nutt as they come but I am also as pro-Petrino as they get.

I think there are areas that need to be worked on but also have the patience to let the coach and staff do their jobs. 2 years is hardly enough for ANY coach to make much of a change in a struggling program, and we were.
A new era in Razorback Football has arrived!

rebelbruiser

Quote from: lchog on January 11, 2010, 09:32:40 pm
Look, the kid is gone and that is that, nothing we can do about it now. I will say this, the University of Arkansas should never grant a release to any player that allows that player to transfer to an SEC school. I would say the same thing if it was a 2nd team wide receiver that wanted to transfer to LSU, we do not need to help any of these schools!

In my mind this has nothing to do with Ole Miss, Houston Nutt or Matt Hall, this is all about doing what is best for the Razorback Football Program! And for the fans of the Hogs to start name calling and downgrading any kid is totally wrong and shows a complete lack of class!

I agree with this.  I take it even further to say that you shouldn't grant a release to any program that's on your future schedule during the time when that player will have remaining eligibility.

Of course, that doesn't mean the player can't still transfer to wherever he chooses.  It just means he has to pay his own way for his first year while he's sitting out at the new school, but it at least discourages the player from going to your competition.

If you won the recruiting battle, and the player chose to sign with you, I have no problem with a coach discouraging that player from later transferring to the competition.

PaleHorse

Quote from: Firednutt on January 12, 2010, 11:13:25 am
I'm a real nutt huger. I started and still own firenutt.com.
Anytime someone has a different thought than your, they call you a hugger is childish. Learn facts first

I started and own firepetrino.com.  Still a "Petrino Hugger" though.
Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

lavacaraider

Quote from: KC_Hawg on January 12, 2010, 02:53:28 pm
Agreed.  18 wins and runner up Heisman vote getter in back to back years.  Struggling ...  LMAO

You can argue underachievement, but struggling is far from the barn.

Can you honestly believe that what the Razorbacks had coming back, that we would be good?  Come on now!

bphi11ips

Quote from: KC_Hawg on January 12, 2010, 03:36:30 pm

. . . once Nutt . . . left, I knew we wouldn't be as good as we had been in the past.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Agent of Chaos

It's funny to read that. If only I could say what I knew, haha.
You know the thing about Chaos.....it's fair.

http://halftimehennessy.com/

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: KC_Hawg on January 12, 2010, 03:36:30 pm
I don't understand the correlation.  Struggling = having a difficult time being competitive or successful.  "Would be good" is a prediction of the future.

But to answer your question, once Nutt, DMac and Felix left, I knew we wouldn't be as good as we had been in the past.

Nutt did less with more, the proof is in the puddin'.

You suck at life, the proof is in the postin'.

Sivad

January 22, 2010, 12:45:08 pm #208 Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 01:24:48 pm by Sivad
Quote from: Firednutt on January 11, 2010, 10:09:26 pm

If he is such a crapty coach, why is he 2-0 against us.

Because we had to play with his 'crapty' players and he got to play with Ed O's talented ones.

hydrophonic

Quote from: Firednutt on January 11, 2010, 10:09:26 pm
YOUR the ones who constantly bring up NUTT.

Who is bringing him up.

Have you checked your username lately?
"The future sucks." "Change it."