Hawgustus Maximus

Quote from: Chad In Real Life on November 30, 2007, 09:37:58 am
ZOOK SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have personal experience with this. Because that is what it sounds like

jamie72921

Bless your heart

pfrg999

Quote from: PolishPigPower on November 30, 2007, 09:38:01 am
This is going to sound childish, but still...

First a coach named Nutt and then a coach named Zook.  Can we hire a Smith or a Jones or something?

What is wrong with ZOOK,  it's not like his name is:
Coach Richard Smoker
Or Coach Harry Balsaque
Coach Peter Dragon
Or Coach Richard Palmer

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

go hogues

I'd take Zook long before some of the others I've heard mentioned.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Master B

First off, Zook is not needed or wanted here.  Meyer winning with Zook's players just proves how bad of a coach Zook is.  Who couldn't have won games in the Big 10 this year, it was horrible.  Did you catch any Michigan games this year?  You and your uncle need to stick to Big 10 football and stay out of the SEC.

turdferguson1

Quote from: nughaud on November 30, 2007, 12:49:36 pm
Are you serious?  He was at Florida for 3 YEARS!  You can't come in and change a program in 3 years around your philosophy...It takes about 4-5 before you start to see the players you recruited and developed come about.... so ya, those players who won Florida's NC were Zook's players that he recruited.  His record was 8-5-, 8-5 and 7-4 while at Florida.. nothing great, but not horrible.

Sure he lost a couple games he shouldn't have (Miss St., Ole Miss twice) but Spurrier didn't really leave him a whole lot, at least by Florida standards.  Spurrier left for the NFL at the right time.

turdferguson1

Quote from: Master B on November 30, 2007, 01:21:23 pm
First off, Zook is not needed or wanted here.  Meyer winning with Zook's players just proves how bad of a coach Zook is.  Who couldn't have won games in the Big 10 this year, it was horrible.  Did you catch any Michigan games this year?  You and your uncle need to stick to Big 10 football and stay out of the SEC.

You're an idiot.

Scaife

Actually, Meyer winning with Zook's players just proves what a strong recruiter Zook is. I am not sure that Zook would fit in here, but he's a good coach. Personally, I want a great coach. Zook will probably stay at UIUC.

jamie72921

The Zook experiment was tried at Florida.

Total and complete failure in the SEC.

He belongs in the Big 10 or 11 or whatever they call themselves these days. You can't play that brand of ball in the SEC.

Next.
Bless your heart

turdferguson1

Quote from: jamie72921 on November 30, 2007, 01:26:39 pm
The Zook experiment was tried at Florida.

Total and complete failure in the SEC.

He belongs in the Big 10 or 11 or whatever they call themselves these days. You can't play that brand of ball in the SEC.

Next.

Explain to me how that "brand of ball" that Zook plays is different than what's played in the SEC?

HOGPICKER

He was hired by Florida.  That tops any resume entry of UA coaches all time.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

Rocktownhog

GO HOGS!

razorbass

Whose the guy who duck hunted with Tommy yesterday?

snoblind

Master B

November 30, 2007, 02:00:09 pm #65 Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 02:53:26 pm by wayne1958
Quote from: turdferguson1 on November 30, 2007, 01:23:58 pm
You're an idiot.

Oh, we must have found a Big 10 fan out there.  That was some great football this year.  BTW, nice post.  So now that you made no point whatsoever and just called me an idiot.  I just can't figure out what kind of hugger you are.

ShaneHog

Ok I have it on good terms from my sister's boyfriend's unlce's friend of a cousin that DMac will go pro and coach the HOGS at the same time. I swear...this person have a lot of street cred.

neahog

Quote from: MobHog on November 30, 2007, 09:43:39 am
Zook took a team that SUUUCKED! ILLINOIS for crying out loud! and turned them in to a Conference Title Contender...beating the #1 team in the nation! (I know the coach who was fired beat the #1 team as well) but if you want a strong recruiter and excitement on campus...you get Zook!
...And Illinois was 9-3, we were 8-4 and play in a much more difficult conference. Nutt is a better coach than Zook bar none (except as a recruiter)...We have to get TT
"I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." -Winston Churchill

Master B

Quote from: turdferguson1 on November 30, 2007, 01:23:19 pm
Sure he lost a couple games he shouldn't have (Miss St., Ole Miss twice) but Spurrier didn't really leave him a whole lot, at least by Florida standards.  Spurrier left for the NFL at the right time.

Yeah, Spurrier sucks and left Florida is shambles.  Wow, we have a lot of huggers on this board, but CONGRATS you are the first ZOOK HUGGER.

turdferguson1

Quote from: Master B on November 30, 2007, 02:10:59 pm
Yeah, Spurrier sucks and left Florida is shambles.  Wow, we have a lot of huggers on this board, but CONGRATS you are the first ZOOK HUGGER.

Nope, just someone who has actually watched a few football games.

WADHOG

Quote from: malibu327 on November 30, 2007, 09:58:46 am
so did spurriers, but zook cant do it, underachiever is written all over zook. and with tt not doing much better than nutt. at least he has beat florida consistently, he has went undefeated in the sec. name another coach do that recently.
I find all of this very amusing, but to call Ron Zook an underachiever is reaching a bit.  I was thinking maybe the opposite.  If you saw the way the players reacted to Zook after the Ohio State victory, you would know he is a player's coach and a good one I might add.  Florida jumped the gun on Zook, and yeah Urban won a NC last year with Zook's players, but how do they look now?  Zook is every bit of the coach Meyer is IMO.

Rev. Hog

Look at the athletes he has brought to Illinios.  They beat Ohio State by bringing in SEC type athletes and styles.  I would take Zook in a heartbeat... over TT for sure.  After Spurrier, no one was going to be accepted in Florida.  He just happened to the guy that followed the "Ole Ball Coach".  He would do a great job here.