Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ziemba to Auburn

Started by Jim Harris, January 17, 2007, 09:32:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

He'll officially announce it Friday, but it's already being reported in the Benton County paper. He wanted them to hold it until Friday. They burned him. Good for them, since he apparently was untruthful about still being 50-50 after his visit to Auburn. Good luck to him.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

KillerK4

Why cant we ever keep our top recruits at home? Man Im so sick of HOUSTON and FRANK................... This just makes me sick..........

LHogman2000

Hard to blame him!!!  Sounds like he has looked at both programs and picked the one that was most stable.  No one should be surprised.

hiphiphoorayhog

Just cause he choose Auburn does not mean he was not 50/50. In fact I know this young man and know him to be of good character. I don't think his mind was made up until he went on his visit.

hiphiphoorayhog

Just cause he choose Auburn does not mean he was not 50/50. In fact I know this young man and know him to be of good character. I don't think his mind was made up until he went on his visit.

leavenworth1

The press conference will be appropriately timed with the ADG full page ad. A one two punch to our comical Athletic Department.

Hawgballz

Quote from: hiphiphoorayhog on January 17, 2007, 09:53:49 am

He made the 50/50 statement again after he had already committed to coach tommy over the weekend, but I still believe that the kid is of good character.  This is just the way it is with recruiting nowdays, everyone tells you what they think you want to hear.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Tomhog™

The articles used to be believable until places like Hogville came about.  What recruits and coaches say behind the scenes are much more credible than what they are are quoted in the newspapers and on tv. We can see through the smoke screens now...

ARDA

I told Burns at the Hooten's/State Farm banquet I wish him luck except for Arkansas games.  Told Ziemba at the same banquet that he needs to be a Razorback....but now wish him luck except against the Razorbacks.

When and how Ziemba came to his personal conclusion to attend Auburn is immaterial.  Condemnation of a 17-18 year olds decision is reprehensible. Calling him a liar is beyond the pale. The 50/50 comment was in line with what he had been saying for a long time...even if he committed over the weekend he has a right to announce when he wanted.

Hawgballz

Quote from: ARDA on January 17, 2007, 10:37:25 am
I told Burns at the Hooten's/State Farm banquet I wish him luck except for Arkansas games.  Told Ziemba at the same banquet that he needs to be a Razorback....but now wish him luck except against the Razorbacks.

When and how Ziemba came to his personal conclusion to attend Auburn is immaterial.  Condemnation of a 17-18 year olds decision is reprehensible. Calling him a liar is beyond the pale. The 50/50 comment was in line with what he had been saying for a long time...even if he committed over the weekend he has a right to announce when he wanted.

I am not upset at him, I am just saying that is the way things are now.  Lying is acceptable and should be expected on all sides.

ARDA

HawgBall06...I wasn't addressing you I thought your comments were reasonable. There is this board as well as two other pay boards that I follow also.

Hawgballz

Quote from: ARDA on January 17, 2007, 10:53:54 am
HawgBall06...I wasn't addressing you I thought your comments were reasonable. There is this board as well as two other pay boards that I follow also.

After reading your comments, I went back and reread mine and I was afraid that I was not clear about not being upset with his decision or actions.

The Recruiting Guy

I hate that it leaked out. This happened to Jermaine Love.

I wish people would respect a young man's desire to announce it his way.

Hog Realist

When the kid is wearing Auburn gear to his schools basketball games talking about it, talking to Auburn recruits on facebook saying "I can't wait to get down there in 5 months" and telling Arkansas recruits sorry man I just felt Auburn was better place.  He is leaking it out himself.  Nobody is disrespecting that wish.  If he wanted that he would not tell people until then

3kgthog

Who cares? Would you want your son involved in what is now the biggest mess in major college football? I know I wouldn't.

Jim Harris

Quote from: hiphiphoorayhog on January 17, 2007, 09:53:49 am

yes, we understand that. Read the post. He went on his visit and came back telling Dudley he was 50-50 and was going to pray on it, but had told Tuberville ON THE VISIT he was committed. So, he lied to Dudley. Apparently, everyone lies to somebody around NWA. Broyles, Nutt, the Springdale bunch. But everybody can laud everyone else's great character. Btw, he did not tell Dudley "off the record, I'm going with Auburn, but I'd like you to hold it until Friday. He told that to the Benton County paper, though, and they didn't hold it.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Jim Harris

Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on January 17, 2007, 01:39:03 pm
I hate that it leaked out. This happened to Jermaine Love.

I wish people would respect a young man's desire to announce it his way.

I don't think Jermaine Love had a whole state with one major school in it waiting for his decision to go out of state.

Jim Harris

Quote from: ARDA on January 17, 2007, 10:37:25 am

Then he should have said, "I've made a decision and I'll announce it on Friday." Not, "I'm 50-50 and I will decide and announce on Friday." That wasn't true. And, fortunately, I remember well what it was like when I was 17 and 18 and I wasn't some 6 year old. I could think very clearly for myself, make decisions right or wrong, and take responsible for them. Nothing ticks me off more than to hear people said that "These are just kids." They don't think they're kids anymore, I guarantee you. They think they've learned it all, and soon find out they haven't, but they sure don't think they're kids anymore.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: drakehog on January 17, 2007, 04:55:30 pm
yes, we understand that. Read the post. He went on his visit and came back telling Dudley he was 50-50 and was going to pray on it, but had told Tuberville ON THE VISIT he was committed. So, he lied to Dudley. Apparently, everyone lies to somebody around NWA. Broyles, Nutt, the Springdale bunch. But everybody can laud everyone else's great character. Btw, he did not tell Dudley "off the record, I'm going with Auburn, but I'd like you to hold it until Friday. He told that to the Benton County paper, though, and they didn't hold it.

Drakehog beat me too it you don't use the Lords name in vain...he had reached a decision before he got off the plane in Fayetteville.  I just don't see a point in the press conference instate to announce for another team.  This just pours salt on a already open/divided fan base and benefits no-one but Tommy Tubberville
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

ARDA

I did not read Dudley's Jan 15th article before I made my post.  It does appear upon reading the article that Ziemba "parsed the truth".  I would guess that Ziemba regrets his wording...esp the praying part.  He is a young adult who has been under a great deal of scrutiny and to my reading he made an error of judgement in his responses to Dudley.  I would also say he may owe Dudley an apology....but that is between them.

This college football recruiting business is played with all the gusto and hardball as the game itself.  Recruits, parents, reporters, fans, and coaches are all part of the game ....asdf

The Hog

Quote from: ARDA on January 17, 2007, 10:31:36 pm
I did not read Dudley's Jan 15th article before I made my post.  It does appear upon reading the article that Ziemba "parsed the truth".  I would guess that Ziemba regrets his wording...esp the praying part.  He is a young adult who has been under a great deal of scrutiny and to my reading he made an error of judgement in his responses to Dudley.  I would also say he may owe Dudley an apology....but that is between them.

This college football recruiting business is played with all the gusto and hardball as the game itself.  Recruits, parents, reporters, fans, and coaches are all part of the game ....asdf
Are you sure Dudley is right?  These guys have to sell their product and right now it has taken a hit here in Arkansas.  They do put out reports with a tad of information trying to scoop another service.
Automatic RUN!

Bomis Hawg

Crabtree mentioned Arkansas, small blurb about Ziemba.  Didn't pay attention until that point.  Said what we know -- likely to Auburn tomorrow.