Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 01:53:02 am

Second base

Started by ErnestHamingway, April 14, 2017, 09:39:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ErnestHamingway

Is Shaddy really our only option at 2B? What about Williams? Sure you need Shaddy's bat, but his defense is subpar at best.
Could he not DH and put Williams in the field?

Allhawgdawg

Subpar is a compliment, especially in situations. I hate to be down on a kid but this is become the norm for him and honestly our infield as a group. Something has to change one would think! 

Allhawgdawg

Late game situations*

factchecker

Shaddy came in clutch to get a big double play.

Glad DVH is coaching not you [CENSORED].
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Knot2brite

Shaddy will remain as the second baseman this year ...DVH keeps putting him there as a promise and his hitting is what is keeping him in the lineup. If he was hitting .250 and had 1 homer and 13 rbi's...he wouldn't be there ...but he isn't and it is going to stay that way...he stays in late in the game because he is also our emergency catcher
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Kevin

Can't do anything with him now. Cole is hitting. If he wasn't you could dh shaddy.

Plus dvh has part of his coaching ego on the line with shaddy. He has said many times I told him I would make him an2nd baseman

But boy he looks like Steve sax or chuck knoblaugh over there when he throws to first.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TebowHater

Quote from: Kevin on April 14, 2017, 10:34:45 pm
Can't do anything with him now. Cole is hitting. If he wasn't you could dh shaddy.

Plus dvh has part of his coaching ego on the line with shaddy. He has said many times I told him I would make him an2nd baseman

But boy he looks like Steve sax or chuck knoblaugh over there when he throws to first.

Never really felt DVH was one to get coaching egos that forced things just for that reason (I am a CBB fan, but he definitely does do this). I will be surprised if the next time we have a late defensive sub if it is for Gates instead of Shaddy.

jabberjawls

For someone to suggest CDVH has a "coaching ego" is stupid and irresponsible.   He has way more coaching intelligence than you in your wildest dreams.

Kevin

Hunter Wilson being injuried also hurts our ability to sub
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22