Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 19, 2024, 12:40:42 am

Razorbacks and life

Started by Bacon_Bitz, April 13, 2017, 04:44:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

April 13, 2017, 04:44:15 pm Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 06:12:26 pm by Bacon_Bitz
Most people in life aren't easily categorized winners or losers. Granted, there are some exceptional people - the few who are truly remarkable and the few who are truly inept. But even they can't be judged objectively as we all have different standards of what constitutes success in life. But as for football, that's all about the W's and the L's. I'm one of those people who is just not that remarkable at anything. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. I'm just there. Getting by day to day. What does that make me? A Razorback. The perfect team for the millions of us who are just living our lives. There's good days and there's bad days. The highs are high and the lows are low but the football team reminds me that no matter if I'm feeling up or down, this too shall pass.

NuttinItUp

fka hog fan

My guess is posting something that shows you have no life falls in the "disappoint myself" category.

Nice backdoor way to tell everyone "I have two houses."

Might be the saddest post I have ever seen.

Bacon_Bitz

Y'all are missing the point

Bacon_Bitz

Why are people so threatened by mediocrity?

Elvis P Hogg

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on April 13, 2017, 06:13:37 pm

When you find your individual significance in something you will become  threatened when it does not give you what you desire

247Hog

April 13, 2017, 06:47:59 pm #6 Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:19:05 pm by 247Hog
Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on April 13, 2017, 06:13:37 pm

Tell you what...pay me ONE million dollars and ill be the best damn mediocre coach in the country. I get paid a ton of money, we remain mediocre and the UA saves 3 million a year. Sound good?

The fan base for the Razorbacks is not like the rest. You can see NFL teams show up for a few years then the fans get tired and the team moves to places like Las Vegas, Nashville, St Louis,etc... I have ONE team and thats the hogs. I don't get suicidal if we lose but damn it im not going to be okay just accepting a 6-6 team. If thats good enough for you, you might want to find a new fan base to sit around, sip some tea and discuss what fashion is currently in style ATM.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

PorkSoda

Quote from: 247Hog on April 13, 2017, 06:47:59 pm
Tell you what...pay me ONE million dollars and ill be the best damn mediocre coach in the country. I get paid a ton of money, we remain mediocre and the UA saves 3 million a year. Sound good?

The fan base for the Razorbacks is not like the rest. You can see NFL teams show up for a few years then the fans get tired and the team moves to places like Las Vegas, Nashville, St Louis,etc... I have ONE team and thats the hogs. I don't get suicidal if we lose but damn it im not going to be okay just accepting a 6-6 team. If thats good enough for you, you might want to find a new fan base to sit around, sip some tea and discuss what fashion is currently in style at the moment.
lol, how'd that work out hiring JLS.  just a mediocre coach with a mediocre record.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

247Hog

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 13, 2017, 07:11:38 pm
lol, how'd that work out hiring JLS.  just a mediocre coach with a mediocre record.

You do pick up on sarcasm yes/no?

JLS was a disaster and set us back years.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

PorkSoda

Quote from: 247Hog on April 13, 2017, 07:18:18 pm
You do pick up on sarcasm yes/no?

JLS was a disaster and set us back years.
you seem to think that you could do as good as CBB for JLS money.

the reality is, it takes a proven coach being paid 4 mil a year to be middle of the road in the SEC. 
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

jkstock04

Quote from: PorkSoda on April 13, 2017, 07:11:38 pm
I would take 247Hog over Smile and I don't even know him. He was a clown looking for a check, nothing more. Players and coaches alike were on a vacation from anything even close to resembling discipline the entire season.

But hey, just like one of our homer media guys said "it's time for Tyler Wilson to have some fun away from the mean o Bobby Petrino." I guess at least they got to screw off for a year and not have to work hard.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

PorkSoda

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 14, 2017, 05:18:52 am
I would take 247Hog over Smile and I don't even know him. He was a clown looking for a check, nothing more. Players and coaches alike were on a vacation from anything even close to resembling discipline the entire season.

But hey, just like one of our homer media guys said "it's time for Tyler Wilson to have some fun away from the mean o Bobby Petrino." I guess at least they got to screw off for a year and not have to work hard.
wilson did his best to try to keep the team together.  if just wasn't enough.

my point was that it takes a top tier coach to be mediocre in the SEC.  if we had a mediocre coach we would be like vandy, trying to win 1 maybe 2 SEC games a year.

Stephen Greene

ricepig and Ponderin are mediocre

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: Stephen Greene on April 23, 2017, 07:08:42 pm
ricepig and Ponderin are mediocre

I think they're the same guy.

And they're mad.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on April 24, 2017, 08:26:00 am
I think they're the same guy.

And they're mad.

Why you would slander Ponderin's good name like that is reprehensible.......

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on April 24, 2017, 10:03:34 am
Why you would slander Ponderin's good name like that is reprehensible.......

That would be libel, Perry Mason, not slander.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

goodguytex

The time is going to come when most of us least expect it when our football program is going to have a really successful season.  I think it's coming next year or two.  It's nice that people are tempering their expectations for this coming season.  Could be some big surprises coming.