Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Delta, Central, Southwest, North...ONE state

Started by geauxhawgs, October 02, 2017, 08:31:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

geauxhawgs

October 02, 2017, 08:31:47 am Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 06:59:23 am by geauxhawgs
I think it would be awesome to have a pre-game hype video blaring through the stadium before the Hogs run through the "A" with scenes and people throughout our state.

Delta- Cotton, Rice, Ducks & Buyous
Southwest- Pine Trees, Swamps, Alligators, Quachitas
North- Ozarks, Cattle, Chickens
Central- Capital City, Arkansas river, Downtown

ONE people, ONE state!

Woo Pig! Thoughts?!

jst01

A hype video needs to get people jacked and excited and stomping their feet. This idea seems to fit an advertisement to visit and stay in Arkansas created by the AR tourism agency. Just my opinion. 

hogsanity

Quote from: geauxhawgs on October 02, 2017, 08:31:47 am
I think it would be awesome to have a pre-game hype video in the blaring through the stadium before the Hogs run through the "A" with scenes and people throughout our state.

Delta- Cotton, Rice, Ducks & Buyous
Southwest- Pine Trees, Swamps, Alligators, Quachitas
North- Ozarks, Cattle, Chickens
Central- Capital City, Arkansas river, Downtown

ONE people, ONE state!

Woo Pig! Thoughts?!

But then how could some people continue to claim that BB is playing kids based on what part of the state they are from?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

lstewart

One People, One State... not a bad idea, but probably not best suited for the football run-out screen video. Maybe better suited as a part of a UA video they show when advertising the campus for TV games.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DoctorSusscrofa

I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

IronHog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 02, 2017, 08:59:45 am
But then how could some people continue to claim that BB is playing kids based on what part of the state they are from?

The Scandinavians get special treatment too....
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

grassroothog

majestic

Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

twistitup

uncommon thread, I like

one twist

NW Arkansas

Ozarks, Buffalo River, Old Main, Dickson St, RRS, Big Business
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

PorkSoda

where are those uniforms designed here a while back.  pretty sure they had most of that stuff on them.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

DeltaBoy

Jeff needs to work on getting the whole state behind the Hogs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

hogsanity

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 03, 2017, 08:16:28 am

Yea, heaven forbid they get behind them on their own.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

oldman1015

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 03, 2017, 08:16:28 am
What part of the state is not behind them. In SE Arkansas we are.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

hogsanity

Quote from: oldman1015 on October 03, 2017, 10:39:42 am
What part of the state is not behind them. In SE Arkansas we are.

Remember, Delta thinks Ar is two states, NWA and then the rest. He hates NWA.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsanity on October 03, 2017, 12:01:24 pm
Remember, Delta thinks Ar is two states, NWA and then the rest. He hates NWA.

I think Delta and Iron are siamese twins...........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

MJ2

Quote from: jst01 on October 02, 2017, 08:36:23 am
A hype video needs to get people jacked and excited and stomping their feet. This idea seems to fit an advertisement to visit and stay in Arkansas created by the AR tourism agency. Just my opinion. 

Winning fixes all of this.

hogsanity

Quote from: jst01 on October 02, 2017, 08:36:23 am

when did it become necessary for the fans to need something other than the approach of kickoff to hype them up?

JaketheSnake

NWA people, if this happens UNITE with me and kneel during any part of the pregame video that doesn't focus on NWA!   

jst01

Quote from: hogsanity on October 03, 2017, 04:27:57 pm
when did it become necessary for the fans to need something other than the approach of kickoff to hype them up?

A pre-game hype video, as explained in the original post, is by definition supposed to get people hyped prior to the game. I just opined that it should actually involve something other than random Arkansas commodities and geography. Nobody said it was necessary.

twistitup

I say we get Lil Wayne to say "yeahhh" as we switch from one region of the state to the next.

B501

jgphillips3

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 02, 2017, 06:37:17 pm
where are those uniforms designed here a while back.  pretty sure they had most of that stuff on them.

War Damn Mockingbird!

Hoginsavga

It's fairly common where I live to see tags on vehicles that say " A house divided". Of course it will be UGA / GA Tech or Tide / Tigers. I understand this quite well as I have family that graduated from Tech, UGA and GA Southern.

However for us Hogs someone could probably make a fortune with tags that read:  Fanbase divided - WMS/RRS/NWA/SWA/CA/SEA/PRO-CBB/ANTI-CBB. You could probably include J. long into that somehow.

We should start playing A-State and maybe stop some of this in fighting among ourselves. Having grown up in central AR I see it as really sad. BTW, I loved the games in WMS but having lived in GA 50+ years I can't imagine a UGA anywhere but in the campus. Yep, I know about the cocktail bowl in Jacksonville but that's similar to Jerry's World.

twistitup

Hoginsavga

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 02, 2017, 06:37:17 pm

You must have loved the pine cones location on them..........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

geauxhawgs

Obviously would throw in memorable highlights from the past and present....I think something along the lines of the OP and this would get DWRRS rockin before a big game!

twistitup

Quote from: geauxhawgs on October 05, 2017, 07:01:33 am
Obviously would throw in memorable highlights from the past and present....I think something along the lines of the OP and this would get DWRRS rockin before a big game!

Yeahhh!

DeltaBoy

Winning will cure it all along with killing the GSD. 

NWA could not even fill the house last week with nice weather and a rent a win.

AirWarren

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 05, 2017, 08:33:11 am
Winning will cure it all along with killing the GSD. 

NWA could not even fill the house last week with nice weather and a rent a win.

Little Rock and WMS were bragged on by one of the better coaches in the nation yesterday.

And Hogville locked the thread. But, we want to ignite all parts of the state with a highlight video featuring all the beauties of this state? Gimme a break.