Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kurt Anderson on Brian Wallace

Started by WilsonHog, October 03, 2017, 08:43:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lakecityhog

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 04, 2017, 04:49:20 pm
Question for you social media gurus. Is BW's family going after Anderson.  Heard mention of this on Sports Talk.

I would like to see an answer to this guy's question.

Bebop

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 04, 2017, 01:37:09 pm
I just can't shake the suspicion that Brian's mistakes are held against him much more than other player's mistakes are held against them because Coach(es) believe that Brian, because he is an upperclassmen in program for this long, should not be making those mistakes.

The problem is that if you choose to play a less talented player to punish a better player for making mistakes and that choice becomes a notable factor in two important losses (i.e. cutting your nose off to spite your face) you have kind of painted yourself into a corner haven't you?

I think there is more to it than the coaches being more strict in evaluating Wallace's performance.

He played last year and is in the same system so it is not as if he is new to the scheme. He has experience and familiarity that Clary doesn't have yet Clary starts before hum . Something doesn't add up.

Personally, I wonder if Wallace said or did something that rubbed the coaches the wrong way and that is why they don't play him. If anything, the "mental mistakes" are half-truths used as the full truth. Small screw ups are used as excuse to bench him while the real reason is that they may not like him as much as other players.

Regardless,  I think there is more to the story.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Bebop on October 04, 2017, 07:41:53 pm
I think there is more to it than the coaches being more strict in evaluating Wallace's performance.

He played last year and is in the same system so it is not as if he is new to the scheme. He has experience and familiarity that Clary doesn't have yet Clary starts before hum . Something doesn't add up.

Personally, I wonder if Wallace said or did something that rubbed the coaches the wrong way and that is why they don't play him. If anything, the "mental mistakes" are half-truths used as the full truth. Small screw ups are used as excuse to bench him while the real reason is that they may not like him as much as other players.

Regardless,  I think there is more to the story.

We certainly agree on your last sentence
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

hawgfan4life

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 04, 2017, 01:30:13 pm
I don't think anyone is denying that it's a major problem, and one they should have gotten corrected by now, but the number of years doesn't matter, it's all about who you have on campus to compete for playing time. It's just comical seeing how many people that think they could fix it, when they don't have a clue to what's going on. Then seeing them get mad at KA because he takes the time to answer a reporters question about a player, and he still speaks highly of the player, rather than trash him publicly.

Years do matter in that the staff has had that amount of time to recruit quality players, build depth, and develop average players into good upper class players. Who you have on campus is true and they have had 4 recruiting years to have players on campus better than a walk on OL player.  Furthermore, the mistakes the OL made last year can continued throughout the year and still continue.  Football isn't too complicated at its roots and fundamental mistakes that continue is a coaching issue and not a talent issue. KA is directly coaching that position.

hawginbigd1

I have wondered if BW is hurt or overweight. The little I have seen he doesn't seem to move as well as he did last year. Gibson is not the answer IMO he doesn't bend well enough. The OL has not played as poorly though as I see written on here. The opponents are sending 5 and 6 players at times and the QB holds the ball waiting for a receiver to be open. The QB has no confidence in himself or his teammates and shows the emotion on the field of spoiled 7th grader.

Also sometimes not too bright, he stays with a slide protection and a naked bootleg when a LB shows blitz on the boot side. Blitzing LBs haven't been chasing RBs from behind the play all day, you can bootleg a DE, not a LB that has rarely blitzed. They have eyes for the QB mostly and he almost got himself killed on that one.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 04, 2017, 10:00:41 pm
I have wondered if BW is hurt or overweight. The little I have seen he doesn't seem to move as well as he did last year. Gibson is not the answer IMO he doesn't bend well enough. The OL has not played as poorly though as I see written on here. The opponents are sending 5 and 6 players at times and the QB holds the ball waiting for a receiver to be open. The QB has no confidence in himself or his teammates and shows the emotion on the field of spoiled 7th grader.

Also sometimes not too bright, he stays with a slide protection and a naked bootleg when a LB shows blitz on the boot side. Blitzing LBs haven't been chasing RBs from behind the play all day, you can bootleg a DE, not a LB that has rarely blitzed. They have eyes for the QB mostly and he almost got himself killed on that one.

What I get from Gibson is that coaches can put him in and he won't make any glaring mental errors and play to his limits physically. That's the greatest thing you can ever ask of a walk-on.

I'm a fan.
This is my non-signature signature.

Hogs49ers

I think we will see Wallace back in the starting line up really soon.

Whether people agree with Wallace starting or not starting to this point, I bet most people can agree that Wallace has probably pushed himself harder in practice over the last couple months after losing his starting job that at any other point during his time here.  I would like to think him losing his job will make him a much better player when he does come back and stops having the mental errors, hopefully that happens sooner than later though.
SCREW Vandy!

HawgcallWPS

BW was better last year than what's been trotted out this year at T. BW also allows us to play our best interior unit. And to address that BB practice cliche, BB's coaching practice for the last 5 years has left us jockeying with Vandy and Kentucky at the back of the pack of the SEC. #uncommon

Iwastherein1969

Instead of the show My 600 lb Life, they are coming out with new and slightly leaner show this Fall, it's called MY 500 lb LIFE, the first episode is about an SEC head football coach and his Offensive Line coach...can't wait for the first episode, it's entitled, "I Just Can't Stop Eating At The Catfish Hole"
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: parallaxpig on October 04, 2017, 04:49:20 pm
Question for you social media gurus. Is BW's family going after Anderson.  Heard mention of this on Sports Talk.
Where did you hear this? I listen to sports talk in little rock everyday from the moment it comes on to the moment it goes off and I haven't heard ANYTHING like this. Would love to hear more details!
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: mrp on October 05, 2017, 12:47:02 am
One of the reasons CBB came here was so he would have money to pay assistant coaches.

They keep leaving.

What's the common thread?

CBB
He was having coaches leave for monetary reasons at Wiscy.  He is not having that same issue here.  They don't appear to be leaving at the same rate that they were in Wiscy.

rhames

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 05, 2017, 07:34:19 am
Where did you hear this? I listen to sports talk in little rock everyday from the moment it comes on to the moment it goes off and I haven't heard ANYTHING like this. Would love to hear more details!

I think Bo mentioned it this week.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

parallaxpig

noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

PorkRinds

October 05, 2017, 12:17:25 pm #114 Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:02:01 pm by PorkRinds
One of the reasons CBB came here was so he would have money to pay assistant coaches.

They keep leaving.

CBB

Pretty much everyone but Chaney left for a promotion.

Edit- there were a few others that were let go

PorkRinds

The twitter thing is out there. She isn't vocally bashing CBB at all. She's liked a couple of tweets of people saying he's getting a raw deal, etc.

forrest city joe

I watched Anderson interview. folks we have a real problem here. what i head from this man proves that he does not get it.his OL is not good.and they are making a lot of mistakes.so i will never buy that Wallace mistakes are keeping him off the field.i think the worst thing that's happening to B.Wallace is a lot of people calling for him to play.coaches do not like fans or media members trying to tell them who to play. so they have dug in on this.66 and 76,are not better than B.Wallace.i think these coaches are being stubborn as hell. that's my opinion on this.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 05, 2017, 12:45:18 pm
I watched Anderson interview. folks we have a real problem here. what i head from this man proves that he does not get it.his OL is not good.and they are making a lot of mistakes.so i will never buy that Wallace mistakes are keeping him off the field.i think the worst thing that's happening to B.Wallace is a lot of people calling for him to play.coaches do not like fans or media members trying to tell them who to play. so they have dug in on this.66 and 76,are not better than B.Wallace.i think these coaches are being stubborn as hell. that's my opinion on this.

go joe go
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

snoblind

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 04, 2017, 01:37:09 pm
I just can't shake the suspicion that Brian's mistakes are held against him much more than other player's mistakes are held against them because Coach(es) believe that Brian, because he is an upperclassmen in program for this long, should not be making those mistakes.

The problem is that if you choose to play a less talented player to punish a better player for making mistakes and that choice becomes a notable factor in two important losses (i.e. cutting your nose off to spite your face) you have kind of painted yourself into a corner haven't you?

I've been told there are, ah, favorites and non-favorites - which was defined as solid starters and everyone else, and the 2 groups are treated differently.  Supposedly came from a former, but recent starter who has graduated.  Wasn't there so didn't personally hear what was said.  Take it however you wish.

PorkRinds

This post is stupid as hell. That's my opinion on this.

Wildhog

I obvioulsy woke up this morning wondering what forrest city joe thought of Kurt Anderson's interview. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Jek Tono Porkins

They keep leaving.

CBB
He wanted more money to keep assistants that he liked from making lateral moves for the reason of more money.

Thomas and Singleton left for NFL teams.
Partridge left for a head coaching job.
Johnson, Segrest, Smith, and Chaney were all ousted.
Pittman followed Chaney, that always seemed to be a package deal.
Shannon left to be co-DC in his native Florida.
Ash left to be the co-DC for Ohio State and actually took a pay cut to get the hell out of here.
Might be missing a couple.

None of the coaches above fit the criteria for making lateral moves for the reason of money like they were doing at Wisconsin.

Now maybe when Bielema said "I left Wisconsin because I couldn't pay assistant coaches enough to stay" he was giving a half-assed excuse instead of saying "I wanted to get out of Alvarez' shadow" but the point still stands.
I have known the troubles I was born to know
I have wanted things a poor man's born to want
And in all my dreams and memories I go running
Through the fields of Arkansas from which I sprung

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on October 05, 2017, 12:46:32 pm
go joe go
I listen to the guy and just shake my head.he said the OL played good in the A&M game because they scored 43 points.pure BS.that line gave up 6 sacks.almost got A.Allen killed.with a good line they may have scored 60 points. i for one am not a fan of K.Anderson work.

forrest city joe

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 05, 2017, 12:57:11 pm
This post is stupid as hell. That's my opinion on this.
And you have every right to your opinion. but so do i.and K.Anderson has not done good work here so far.in fact his worked has been flat out bad.being stubborn is going to get him fired in the long run.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Jek Tono Porkins on October 05, 2017, 12:58:58 pm
He wanted more money to keep assistants that he liked from making lateral moves for the reason of more money.

Thomas and Singleton left for NFL teams.
Partridge left for a head coaching job.
Johnson, Segrest, Smith, and Chaney were all ousted.
Pittman followed Chaney, that always seemed to be a package deal.
Shannon left to be co-DC in his native Florida.
Ash left to be the co-DC for Ohio State and actually took a pay cut to get the hell out of here.
Might be missing a couple.

None of the coaches above fit the criteria for making lateral moves for the reason of money like they were doing at Wisconsin.

Now maybe when Bielema said "I left Wisconsin because I couldn't pay assistant coaches enough to stay" he was giving a half-assed excuse instead of saying "I wanted to get out of Alvarez' shadow" but the point still stands.
Pittman is the only one that Bielema was openly upset about losing. It got a little ugly before it was all said and done. Bielema stated that replacing pittman would be easy, firing Anderson would be admitting that he was wrong.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Wildhog on October 05, 2017, 12:58:33 pm
I obvioulsy woke up this morning wondering what forrest city joe thought of Kurt Anderson's interview. 
Just giving my opinion like everyone else.and i stand by what i posted.K.Anderson has show me nothing as an OL coach.at least nothing but bad OL play.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 05, 2017, 12:59:09 pm
I listen to the guy and just shake my head.he said the OL played good in the A&M game because they scored 43 points.pure BS.that line gave up 6 sacks.almost got A.Allen killed.with a good line they may have scored 60 points. i for one am not a fan of K.Anderson work.
Joe, I fear for Austins safety when we play Auburn and Bama. We saw what bama did to the florida state qb in game 1 and we don't have near the offensive line that they do.

jmb1973

Can someone translate this for me? I put it in Google Translate and it just said go ahead and kill yourself.

factchecker

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 05, 2017, 01:08:10 pm
Joe, I fear for Austins safety when we play Auburn and Bama. We saw what bama did to the florida state qb in game 1 and we don't have near the offensive line that they do.

Florida State's offensive line has given up more sacks then we have.

ADD:  Stats -

Florida State has allowed up 12 sacks in 3 games (4 sacks per game)  Only 3 of those were by Alabama.  They gave up 5 sacks to Wake Forest

Arkansas has allowed 11 sacks in 4 games (2.75 sacks per game)

AND believe it or not Florida State actually gave up more sacks then we did last season.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 05, 2017, 01:03:18 pm
And you have every right to your opinion. but so do i.and K.Anderson has not done good work here so far.in fact his worked has been flat out bad.being stubborn is going to get him fired in the long run.

I agree the OL is bad. And I agree it's mostly Anderson's fault. I also think you're making things up when it comes to Wallace just so you have something to talk about and obsess over.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 05, 2017, 01:04:53 pm
Pittman is the only one that Bielema was openly upset about losing. It got a little ugly before it was all said and done. Bielema stated that replacing pittman would be easy, firing Anderson would be admitting that he was wrong.

When did he say it would be easy?

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Quote from: factchecker on October 05, 2017, 01:16:27 pm
OL is bad but here are some bright spots for the realists to poop on:

https://twitter.com/PFF_Vinnie/status/915988585861574657

https://twitter.com/PFF_Vinnie/status/915989151446642690

It's like I've been saying. We can't find a good tackle to save our lives. Why the hell don't we have any sec ready tackles? CBB and CKA have absolutely dropped the ball in that department.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 05, 2017, 01:08:10 pm
I hear you man. they are going to get A.Allen killed if they don't get 66 and 76,out of there.Austin has not played as well this year in my opinion. but i think it's because he has been hit so much that he is looking at the rush.and who could blame him.Anderson OL is going to get this young man hurt if they don't get a lot better.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: factchecker on October 05, 2017, 01:10:16 pm
Florida State's offensive line has given up more sacks then we have.

ADD:  Stats -

Florida State has allowed up 12 sacks in 3 games (4 sacks per game)

Arkansas has allowed 11 sacks in 4 games (2.75 sacks per game)

AND believe it or not they actually gave up more sacks then we did last season.
Big difference is they played bama and we haven't. How many of those sacks belong to the crimson tide? Also everyone they've played is good. No cupcakes

factchecker

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 05, 2017, 01:18:05 pm
It's like I've been saying. We can't find a good tackle to save our lives. Why the hell don't we have any sec ready tackles? CBB and CKA have absolutely dropped the ball in that department.

We haven't had a good tackle since Brey Cook.

Skipper was OK but got beat often.  No reason for a 6'10" tackle to let anyone get into his chest.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

forrest city joe

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 05, 2017, 01:14:57 pm
I agree the OL is bad. And I agree it's mostly Anderson's fault. I also think you're making things up when it comes to Wallace just so you have something to talk about and obsess over.
Is Trey Biddy making things up? have you heard him on DTS? he is saying the same things i have been saying when it comes to B.Wallace.does he just want  something to talk about and obsess over? i believe what my eyes are seeing.it's as simple as that.

factchecker

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 05, 2017, 01:23:11 pm
Big difference is they played bama and we haven't. How many of those sacks belong to the crimson tide? Also everyone they've played is good. No cupcakes

Only 3 of those were by Alabama.  They gave up 5 sacks to Wake Forest.

Next question.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 05, 2017, 01:15:34 pm
When did he say it would be easy?
In an interview after pittman left. He got heated and started spouting off. Basically said he made pittmans career what it was

ricepig

Quote from: forrest city joe on October 05, 2017, 01:23:40 pm
Is Trey Biddy making things up? have you heard him on DTS? he is saying the same things i have been saying when it comes to B.Wallace.does he just want  something to talk about and obsess over? i believe what my eyes are seeing.it's as simple as that.

How many college o-linemen have you coached, or Trey Biddy for that matter? We're the only school where the favorite player is the backup right OT.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: factchecker on October 05, 2017, 01:24:21 pm
Only 3 of those were by Alabama.  They gave up 5 sacks to Wake Forest.

Next question.
Wake forest is 4 - 1. Not a bad team

forrest city joe

Quote from: ricepig on October 05, 2017, 01:25:55 pm
How many college o-linemen have you coached, or Trey Biddy for that matter? We're the only school where the favorite player is the backup right OT.
I been watching football over 50 years now. i don't have to be a coach to know a bad OL when i see it.my eyes are not lying to me when i see 66 and 76,being throw around and missing blocks.this OL is going to get Austin killed.and the question from some fans like myself is why is he a back up? based on what we are seeing in games,why is Wallace a back up?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I trust Treys observations. He calls a lot of stuff before it happens. Sosa being moved to starting line last year, he questioned Hedlund being ahead of mcfain before he became starter, etc. The guy has a good eye and knows what he's talking about

factchecker

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 05, 2017, 01:26:46 pm
Wake forest is 4 - 1. Not a bad team

TCU is 4-0 and ranked in the top 10.  Not a bad team.

AnM is 4-1.  Not a bad team.

I'm not arguing that our offensive line is good.  It's not.  I'm informing/educating you that Florida State's offensive line is not good either.  They were bad last season and they look to be just as bad - if not worse- this season.  Without Deondre Francois' ability to make plays - they will struggle.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Yes. I believe he is. Well, he's doing it to draw in the FCJs of th world.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 05, 2017, 01:32:51 pm
I trust Treys observations. He calls a lot of stuff before it happens. Sosa being moved to starting line last year, he questioned Hedlund being ahead of mcfain before he became starter, etc. The guy has a good eye and knows what he's talking about
Yep. Trey knows his stuff.Wallace started 10 games last year. and all of a sudden he can't get on the field? this is not good.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: factchecker on October 05, 2017, 01:34:35 pm
TCU is 4-0 and ranked in the top 10.  Not a bad team.

AnM is 4-1.  Not a bad team.

I'm not arguing that our offensive line is good.  It's not.  I'm informing/educating you that Florida State's offensive line is not good either.  They were bad last season and they look to be just as bad - if not worse- this season.  Without Deondre Francois' ability to make plays - they will struggle.
The original point was Alabama and Auburn will put Austin through the ringer. Thinking back, he hasn't been the same after the shot he took in the Auburn game last season

wendellgee

Quote from: snoblind on October 05, 2017, 12:54:46 pm
I've been told there are, ah, favorites and non-favorites - which was defined as solid starters and everyone else, and the 2 groups are treated differently.  Supposedly came from a former, but recent starter who has graduated.  Wasn't there so didn't personally hear what was said.  Take it however you wish.
Surely he doesn't have a Circle of Untrustables board.

hawgon

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on October 04, 2017, 08:02:07 am
Sorry but im gonna go ahead and call B.S on this. We watched as Froholdt got his lunch ate play after play last season but never got pulled. He made mistake after mistake but they allowed him to stay on the field. We've seen more of the same this season with Clary and at times with Ramirez. Why isn't Wallace getting the same opportunity? What is the REAL reason he isn't getting on the field? Is it off the field issues or something not football related? I hate to say it, but at this point it is starting to look like the coaches are playing favorites

Don't think the players don't see that as well.

forrest city joe

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 05, 2017, 01:36:51 pm
Yes. I believe he is. Well, he's doing it to draw in the FCJs of th world.
What ever man. believe what you want.that is your right. but i am going to keep calling it like i see it.and right now this OL is really bad.and in my opinion K.Anderson is not getting the job done.remember this.being stubborn will get you fired.