Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ha Ha Ha . . . Horns think Saban is coming to Texas

Started by WizardofhOgZ, January 06, 2013, 10:37:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

5 years at Texas and he would have over 200.  Easily.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: 188fw_FyngRzrbk on January 06, 2013, 06:40:08 pm

No, he has 153.  He could catch Bryant, easily, in the Big12.

On the field, he has 158.  The vacated wins were reported in his first year, when the violations were revealed.  They did not stem from actions of Saban's staff, and the players were immediately suspended when they revealed.

The infractions were obtaining textbooks for girlfriends.  Silliness.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

HogWall Jackson

Hoggish1

Quote from: booogaga on January 06, 2013, 10:50:23 am
this

And so what?  If you compare Austin to Tuscaloosa, you would not worry about matching offers from Bama.

jry04

If Saban takes another college job, it will be at Texas.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: skeeb on January 06, 2013, 02:38:48 pm
Saban is a great coach....that being said the sec is closing the gap. Loss to A&M and extremely tight games against LSU amd Georgia. They could have easily had 2-3 losses this year. They didnt so congrats. It is an easier path in the future..if you believe the sec west is stronger than the big 12 south and if you believe playing georgia, floririda, SC is tougher than playing k state, nebraska, or whomever,  in a confrence champiopnship game. And I do. He will win his fair share in Alabama.  It would be easier in Texas. I still think he stays in alabama.

The main reason why Alabama lost to Texas A&M this season, and the reason why their games with LSU and Georgia was as close as they were is because Alabama has a weakness with their Defense this season.  That weakness is their Secondary.

Alabama will have a better Defense next season than they had this season.  Alabama's Offense may have some drop off next season because they will be losing some starting Offensive Linemen.  The drop off on Offense may not be that much though because the Alabama football program is so loaded.  I don't know if many people nationwide realize just how loaded they are.  The Alabama football program has basically become a NFL farm program/club.   

Hoggish1

Quote from: RAZORBACKER60 on January 06, 2013, 11:11:01 am

I will say this Saban would win there but he would also piss off a lot the people there because he would come in and tell them the truth, which is just showing up with that horn on the helmet does not mean crap!  Say what you want about Saban, he wins because he knows how to get an entire program, state, fan base on one page, which is a total buy in from everyone!  Saban does not play that "better to look good then be good crap"

Do you really think he wouldn't be able to get Texass fans to buy in? LMAO

Hoggish1

Quote from: deedster84 on January 06, 2013, 01:24:43 pm
Why would Saban go to Texas? He is known to hate the hurry up offenses and thats what the B12 has become.

Another reason to go there.  He would have the field all to himself with his style...

HiggiePiggy

The reason the game was close against LSU and they lost to Texas A&M were because of turnovers in the redzone. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hoggish1

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 06, 2013, 02:59:57 pm
  In Texas he will have to pretty much go undefeated because they do not have a championship game anymore.  In Alabama he proved last year that he doesn't even have to play in the championship game.  He lost one game last year and won a nc.  He lost one game this year and is playing in the nc game.

How many other 1 loss teams are there in back to back years able to play for a NC in other conferences?

He has made the road at Alabama to the championship game easy.  Only way he goes to Texas isn't because it would be easier, but because he wants to win a NC at a 3rd school.   

I think many are missing the point about moving to a third school to win a NC.  That's the point—nobody has ever done it.

Hoggish1

Quote from: MC_Hog on January 06, 2013, 04:19:07 pm
Why would Sabin leave Alabama? Has anyone heard the interview with Sabins wife that they played on one of the sports call in shows? She talks about how unrealistic the Alabama fans have become & how they can't handle the pressure anymore. She said every time they win it's a relief & they can't even enjoy a win anymore.

Just because everyone thinks a job is great you don't always know what's going on inside a program & I personally think Sabin is gone after this year, it maybe to the NFL but I think he's gone.

Not to mention that in Alabama, there is nothing else but football.  As soon as they win on Monday the pressure will continue to build.  They never take a vacation.

Not even fishing breaks the mood...  Now that's sad.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 06, 2013, 08:45:30 pm
I think many are missing the point about moving to a third school to win a NC.  That's the point—nobody has ever done it.

Oh I agree with him leaving for that reason. Just the thing people saying it would be easier isn't really true.  He has built up Alabama to be a power house.  He can lose a game and still make it to the NC game.  He would have to go undefeated at Texas because there is no championship game anymore in the big 12. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: PetrinoFan on January 06, 2013, 04:37:57 pm
The SEC is where it's at.  He's staying at Bama and will surpass Bear Bryant's NT rec there.  I think he says put, and it's not about the money.

Can't disagree but how 'bout being the first coach to break the SEC string?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 06, 2013, 08:45:13 pm
The reason the game was close against LSU and they lost to Texas A&M were because of turnovers in the redzone. 

Alabama's Defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd Down in both games.  If Alabama's Defense had been better in both games (which was because their Secondary is not as good this season as it was last season), then those turnovers their Offense had wouldn't have mattered.  Alabama would have been so far ahead the turnovers wouldn't have been an issue. 

It all stems from the fact their Defense has a weakness this season, and that is their Secondary. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bryant Disciple on January 06, 2013, 06:46:09 pm

Perhaps most important of all, Miss Terry (Saban's wife) is happy in T-town.

I think you are hoping what you wrote is true. I think they are both tired of Bamer fans waiting around every turn to gawk at and fawn over them.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 06, 2013, 08:51:35 pm
Alabama's Defense couldn't get off the field on 3rd Down in both games.  If Alabama's Defense had been better in both games (which was because their Secondary is not as good this season as it was last season), then those turnovers their Offense had wouldn't have mattered.  Alabama would have been so far ahead the turnovers wouldn't have been an issue. 

It all stems from the fact their Defense has a weakness this season, and that is their Secondary. 

Alabama doesn't throw an int in the last min while on the 5 yard line they are undefeated.  If their RB doesn't fumble the ball in the 4th quarter of both games, both games would have been double digit victories.  Alabama defense did enough to win both games it was the offense that gave Texas A&M the win. 

Hoggish1

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 06, 2013, 08:35:16 pm
The main reason why Alabama lost to Texas A&M this season, and the reason why their games with LSU and Georgia was as close as they were is because Alabama has a weakness with their Defense this season.  That weakness is their Secondary.

Alabama will have a better Defense next season than they had this season.  Alabama's Offense may have some drop off next season because they will be losing some starting Offensive Linemen.  The drop off on Offense may not be that much though because the Alabama football program is so loaded.  I don't know if many people nationwide realize just how loaded they are.  The Alabama football program has basically become a NFL farm program/club.   

I think you can stop worrying about if players they lose will be replaced by ones as competent.  Ever hear of reload?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: HiggiePiggy on January 06, 2013, 08:57:58 pm
Alabama doesn't throw an int in the last min while on the 5 yard line they are undefeated.  If their RB doesn't fumble the ball in the 4th quarter of both games, both games would have been double digit victories.  Alabama defense did enough to win both games it was the offense that gave Texas A&M the win. 

So, Alabama's Defense not getting off the field on 3rd Down early in the game against Texas A&M, and Alabama's Defense allowing Texas A&M to get out to a 21-0 lead signifies Alabama's Defense doing enough to win the Texas A&M game?

You simply can't spot opposing Teams that much of a lead.  It is simply too big of a hole to come back out of, and that is what occurred because of Alabama's Defense not doing what they needed to do in the early part of that Texas A&M game. 

Stevo fan

If he went to Texas he can win the NC at 3 schools & that's something big!  He could make a ton of money!  AND... Sometimes is better to leave the party early with them wanting more!  Texas is DEFINATELY easier path to the championship.  Not saying he goes... But it's not insane to think he might! 

Been10Hog

Quote from: skeeb on January 06, 2013, 02:38:48 pm
Saban is a great coach....that being said the sec is closing the gap. Loss to A&M and extremely tight games against LSU amd Georgia. They could have easily had 2-3 losses this year. They didnt so congrats. It is an easier path in the future..if you believe the sec west is stronger than the big 12 south and if you believe playing georgia, floririda, SC is tougher than playing k state, nebraska, or whomever,  in a confrence champiopnship game. And I do. He will win his fair share in Alabama.  It would be easier in Texas. I still think he stays in alabama.

Obviously it is the tough schedule in the SEC that prepares SEC teams to win the NC. Going to Texas would mean he would have to face an SEC team to win it. "Iron sharpens Iron" :razorback: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on January 06, 2013, 09:02:37 pm
So, Alabama's Defense not getting off the field on 3rd Down early in the game against Texas A&M, and Alabama's Defense allowing Texas A&M to get out to a 21-0 lead signifies Alabama's Defense doing enough to win the Texas A&M game?

You simply can't spot opposing Teams that much of a lead.  It is simply too big of a hole to come back out of, and that is what occurred because of Alabama's Defense not doing what they needed to do in the early part of that Texas A&M game. 

If that int is not thrown or that fumble by the running back happens then Alabama beats Texas A&M by at least 10 points.  Doesn't matter how much you try and say it was the defense fault.  No it wasn't.  The defense allowed them to stay in the game when they had 3 turnovers on offense. 

The turnovers are the reason Texas A&M had and took advantage of to beat Alabama. 0 turnovers from Alabama would have meant a loss for Texas A&M.  Even with them scoring 3 TDs in that first quarter. Alabama was driving for the winning touchdown when he tossed the int to seal the win for Texas A&M. 

The only thing that the defense did was going offsides on the punt that completely sealed the win for Texas a&M. 

This is pointless to argue though because we both are not going to change our views so I am going to bed and I am done posting on this.   Good night everyone.   

maumellehog

I heard that John Madden's bus was seen in Austin.  Just sayin'................

East Clintwood

If Alabama wins another championship Monday, I think Saban will leave --- either for Texas or for the NFL.  It won't have anything to do with money, it'll be about a new challenge. 
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HG

Quote from: 188fw_FyngRzrbk on January 06, 2013, 06:37:43 pm
I've long thought that TX would be the only job that Saban would leave AL for.  I don't think the NC game this year will play a lot into his thinking.  TX is flush with cash, if it came down to a true bidding war, TX would bury AL.

People talk about UT's money, and it's true they're the richest program in the country.  But there's a practical limit to how much money they will throw at a coach, even Saban, and it's unlikely they'll outbid Bama before they hit that limit.  Sure they can afford to pay him $20 million a year...but they're not going to.  Those revenues aren't just for show, after all -- they use on other things besides just buying the best coach.  Not to mention there's an upper limit on how much they will ever earn, even with national titles.  You don't spend $20 million for a $10 million increase in overall revenue.

188fw_FyngRzrbk

Quote from: maumellehog on January 06, 2013, 09:25:47 pm
I heard that John Madden's bus was seen in Austin.  Just sayin'................

Yeah, but I heard that Gruden wore a burnt orange tie this week..............
Be professional, be courteous, be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

188fw_FyngRzrbk

Quote from: HG on January 06, 2013, 10:23:24 pm
People talk about UT's money, and it's true they're the richest program in the country.  But there's a practical limit to how much money they will throw at a coach, even Saban, and it's unlikely they'll outbid Bama before they hit that limit.  Sure they can afford to pay him $20 million a year...but they're not going to.  Those revenues aren't just for show, after all -- they use on other things besides just buying the best coach.  Not to mention there's an upper limit on how much they will ever earn, even with national titles.  You don't spend $20 million for a $10 million increase in overall revenue.

They would in TX, just because they can.
Be professional, be courteous, be polite and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: jfisdirtybird on January 06, 2013, 11:23:08 am
Why would anyone want to live in Austin? Although, it's not far from Texas.

Why, it's our little corner of California...................
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Bryant Disciple

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 06, 2013, 08:55:20 pm
I think you are hoping what you wrote is true. I think they are both tired of Bamer fans waiting around every turn to gawk at and fawn over them.

Of course I hope what I wrote is true, but it's based upon public statements made by both Sabans.

I guess we can either believe what the Sabans say, or we can believe what anonymous Texas fans say.

Rockpig5

Quote from: SSJ on January 06, 2013, 10:48:20 am
To win a national championship at a third different school and ride off into the sunset.....

Exactly!!

rlreev01

Quote from: AUSTXHOG on January 06, 2013, 04:18:34 pm
Sorry, but Bama cannot match what UT would offer. Not stating anyone is going anywhere, but UT has the most money in college sports.

Austin is a great town for those who have never been out of Newton County.

You have been in that sewer pipe too long.  You need to get back to Arkansas and get your feet back on the ground.  I have two brothers in Austin, one a Hog the other a a--hole Longhorn(All of them are).  Both love Austin yet when I go there to visit, I cannot wait to get out of town.  I guess if you were in college and living near campus, it might be a good town.  Other then that, you can have it!!!

RollTideHog

January 07, 2013, 09:35:28 am #80 Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 10:03:35 am by RollTideHog
Quote from: Bryant Disciple on January 07, 2013, 12:04:21 am
Of course I hope what I wrote is true, but it's based upon public statements made by both Sabans.

I guess we can either believe what the Sabans say, or we can believe what anonymous Texas fans say.

Folks on this board can not even keep it straight about Arkansas, but they know everything about bama and Texas..ROFLMAO

They just wishing and hoping Saban leaves

Hawg Balling

Quote from: SSJ on January 06, 2013, 03:56:54 pm
Not really Texas is still Texas, Bama was down as was LSU when he got there, the right Coach can have in the top 5 and challenging pretty quick with the resources they have, he seems driven for challenges and who knows they may pay him 5-8 Mill a year

Why do you people act like Texas is a better job than Alabama?  Is it some sort of prisoner mentality that has stuck with our fan base from the SWC days?  Alabama has ridiculous resources, ridiculous money, ridiculous recruiting grounds, and has a better football history than Texas (14 National Championships by 5 different coaches). 

Stop thinking that Alabama wouldn't/couldn't match any offer Texas would ever think about extending to Saban, if it ever comes to that.  Let's stop acting like Texas is the only school with money -- the Bama boosters would reach deep to keep Saban.  The only way he leaves is for another shot at the NFL, and I'm highly skeptical he wants to do that again given his age and where he has the Alabama program.

oldrazorband

Quote from: 188fw_FyngRzrbk on January 06, 2013, 10:35:43 pm
Yeah, but I heard that Gruden wore a burnt orange tie this week..............

Gruden borrowed Madden's bus. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: SSJ on January 06, 2013, 10:48:20 am
To win a national championship at a third different school and ride off into the sunset.....
Austinvs Tuscaloosa?? LOL! It's called quality of life. He'd have a better one in Austin.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

superior_wang

Quote from: hog13hog on January 06, 2013, 10:39:39 am
After this last round of rumors around our coaching search I will not laugh at anyone else thinking they've got someone in the bag.  I took the bait over and over again from all the sources here.

great post . Oh so true. All the BS posted on hogville. Embarrassing. Further, if anyone should be arrogant , it should be Texas and a few select others.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 06, 2013, 10:59:05 am
Consider this scenario:  Saban wins NC No. 4.  Why would he not go to Texass on January 8th, to work on winning his 5th NC at a third school, after Mack Brown decides he's had a good life as HC there?

Seems like Saban's next move to me...
Mack won't be the one calling the shots IF Saban says he's interested in a move to Austin...Brown would be gone in a newyork second if Saban wanted the Horn job....and as for the person who said that Alabama could match anything Texas would offer, uh, no, they couldn't...Texas has more money than God
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

uams1989

I'm not a Bama fan that thinks it's not possible that Saban will leave Bama, but, there's another reason I don't think he would go to Texas.

I don't think DeLoss Dodd and the power brokers at Texas would be willing to give Saban complete control.  Mal Moore knows who runs the program in Tuscaloosa and I just don't see DD or Texas giving Saban complete control like he currently has.

I could see Texas being appealing to Saban.  It would be easy, but, I think there are other factors that would prevent him from taking that job.

I know a third ring from a third school is probably appealing, but, he can add more championships at Bama and be favorably compared (as he already is) to one of, if not THE, greatest college coach of all-time.
"They got a name for the winners in the world...
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide..."

razorpimp

I think Saban "should" go to the NFL, for a couple of reasons

1) he failed in the NFL and would like to change his history ala Coach Belichek and Carroll
2) The meltdown of Bama fans would be freaking hilarious!  Bring back Mike Shula

SouthSide Johnny

Quote from: Hawg Balling on January 07, 2013, 09:55:09 am
Why do you people act like Texas is a better job than Alabama?  Is it some sort of prisoner mentality that has stuck with our fan base from the SWC days?  Alabama has ridiculous resources, ridiculous money, ridiculous recruiting grounds, and has a better football history than Texas (14 National Championships by 5 different coaches). 

Stop thinking that Alabama wouldn't/couldn't match any offer Texas would ever think about extending to Saban, if it ever comes to that.  Let's stop acting like Texas is the only school with money -- the Bama boosters would reach deep to keep Saban.  The only way he leaves is for another shot at the NFL, and I'm highly skeptical he wants to do that again given his age and where he has the Alabama program.

Seems like you have the Texas/Arkansas prisoner mentality, Texas according to Forbes has substantial more the revenue and  value and profit than Bama and a lot more "money" booster than Bama, No matter how he well he does at Bama the Bear will still, well be the Bear. And recruiting is still better in Texas year in and out than any other state.

Of course ALL of this discussion is pure speculation nothing more and I don't think the money would be a issue either way with him but the opportunity to win National Championships at 3 different schools would be something that maybe never equaled. 

BTW nobody has said Bama is not a great job it is and should always be with the right Coaches
Some Say it's Raining Elephants but They Go Outside Anyway..

Hoggish1

Quote from: 188fw_FyngRzrbk on January 06, 2013, 06:40:08 pm

No, he has 153.  He could catch Bryant, easily, in the Big12.

I'm going to let you in on a little secret: He could catch Bryant anywhere he coaches.

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Hoggish1 on January 07, 2013, 09:21:30 pm
I'm going to let you in on a little secret: He could catch Bryant anywhere he coaches.

Yep. Heck he is 60-7 in his last 5 years.  He doesn't need to go anywhere to catch the win total.

Hoggish1

Quote from: Bryant Disciple on January 07, 2013, 12:04:21 am

There is no reason to keep living in Alabama after this win... 

Hoggish1

Quote from: RollTideHog on January 07, 2013, 09:35:28 am
Folks on this board can not even keep it straight about Arkansas, but they know everything about bama and Texas..ROFLMAO

They just wishing and hoping Saban leaves

No, you are just holding your breath.