Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C. John Chavis goodbye to Aggie fans

Started by jbcarol, December 28, 2017, 11:04:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Boarcephus

I like that.  Has a little "Mad Dog Mattis" feel to it.  ;) 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Pigsknuckles

We are doomed to another 5 years of substandard defensive performace.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

The Kig

Quote from: Pigsknuckles on January 01, 2018, 06:24:51 pm

Dude...seriously.   You post how much you dislike Chavis in every thread.  This thread makes ZERO reference to him coming to Arkansas, yet you still feel compelled to maintain your negative mantra.  In fact, this thread is a classy post by his son.

We get it.. You don't want him here, but at least try to keep your anti-Chavis at Arkansas in threads that are actually related to him coming here.
Poker Porker

KlubhouseKonnected

You are boring
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

jbcarol

C. John Chavis
‏ @CJohnChavis
Jan 3

Prediction: the salaries for figurehead HCs and autonomous Coordinators will get closer and closer.  That model was/is broken to begin with.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

C. John Chavis
‏ @CJohnChavis
6h6 hours ago

Bama becomes the 1st team to win a title while finishing 2nd in their division twice.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

Okay man of genius status who would you recommend that is actually realistic ??? Venables, while virtually everyone's "wet dream", was never a legitimate option. The guy out at WSU had already been scooped up by tOSU and so the number of candidates seemed to be steadily shrinking. So again I ask.....who were you advocating and why ??? Or in the end are you just bitching just to be doing so ::)

KCRazorbackfan

Are you that 40 y/o person that people talk about who still lives in their parents basement and runs around with Sponge Bob pajamas on all the while trolling every website that hasn't banned you yet?
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

jbcarol

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

LOU H

Very classy...... This is the best DC to ever coach at Arkansas.. WPS. #hammerdown.

Pork Twain

Who keeps feeding you?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pig in the Pokey

good news is your negging wont last that long
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

hoglady

Chavis is probably better than anyone we've ever had.
It's not like Arkansas has EVER been a destination job for top DC's.
I'll be surprised if we aren't a much improved defense under Chavis.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jgphillips3

We have had some decent defensive coordinators at times.  Probably the last really top notch DC we had (for his day) was Joe Lee Dunn or maybe go back to Goldsmith.  Since then, Willie Robinson is the best we have had if you really look at what his defense did in relation to offensive scheme.  John Chavis is head and shoulders above any DC we have hired since the 70's. 

Now, he still has to go out there and prove the fire still burns but Saban at 66 still has plenty of fire so I think we are going to see immediate improvement game one over the absolute cluster we have observed for three years now.  After that, I expect we will improve gradually and organically as the players learn the system and more talent is infused over the next three seasons. 

We have been darn near worst in the country in many defensive statistics.  Even an improvement to the mid-60's will look like we are the second coming of the Steel Curtain compared to the stinking pile of feces we have been seeing.  If he elevates us to a top 20 or top 30 position while Morris elevates us to a top 20 offense, we'll be back to where Petrino was and be able to expect a floor of 7 wins (instead of having to be thrilled with that like the $15 million dollar man was). 

From that position, recruiting and stars aligning can give you a legitimate shot at the throne every 5 years or so.  I don't expect us to be a shut down defense in this era of offense but competent and aggressive is easily within reach and the wins will follow.

liljo

Class act.

Welcome to Arkansas, Coach Chavis. WPS! ! !
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 10, 2018, 09:31:33 am
We have had some decent defensive coordinators at times.  Probably the last really top notch DC we had (for his day) was Joe Lee Dunn or maybe go back to Goldsmith.  Since then, Willie Robinson is the best we have had if you really look at what his defense did in relation to offensive scheme.  John Chavis is head and shoulders above any DC we have hired since the 70's. 

Now, he still has to go out there and prove the fire still burns but Saban at 66 still has plenty of fire so I think we are going to see immediate improvement game one over the absolute cluster we have observed for three years now.  After that, I expect we will improve gradually and organically as the players learn the system and more talent is infused over the next three seasons. 

We have been darn near worst in the country in many defensive statistics.  Even an improvement to the mid-60's will look like we are the second coming of the Steel Curtain compared to the stinking pile of feces we have been seeing.  If he elevates us to a top 20 or top 30 position while Morris elevates us to a top 20 offense, we'll be back to where Petrino was and be able to expect a floor of 7 wins (instead of having to be thrilled with that like the $15 million dollar man was). 

From that position, recruiting and stars aligning can give you a legitimate shot at the throne every 5 years or so.  I don't expect us to be a shut down defense in this era of offense but competent and aggressive is easily within reach and the wins will follow.
so, 2015 didnt happen, right? Top 10 defense in the whole damn country? Asking for a friend b/c I think Smith sucked, or Bert ruined him, or whatever. Premise is still correct, though, and I'd go back even further to Jimmy Johnson or Monte Kiffin as the last DC on Chavis' level. IE, we just hired a future Hall-o-Fame , 2x National Title winning DC.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RME

"In the words of the great philosopher Creed Bratton..."

That's fantastic.

jbigs77

Winning the Broyles award, doesn't just happen by luck.
However, I heard a very wise man once say.
"You don't know until you know'
Can anyone guess who that was?

DEVIL DOG HOG

Quote from: jbigs77 on January 10, 2018, 09:49:18 am
Winning the Broyles award, doesn't just happen by luck.
However, I heard a very wise man once say.
"You don't know until you know'
Can anyone guess who that was?

YB
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Flrazrback

Extremely excited to have Coach Chavis here running our Defense. He has a great group of assistants and we have some talent that needs to be developed.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

CJC

Hello to everyone,

I won't be posting very much... I don't think that's usually wise in the profession, but I wanted to introduce myself.
I'm excited about getting up there for the Spring Game!

C. John Chavis

code red

I am skeptical as well. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Tequilin' Time

Quote from: LOU H on January 10, 2018, 06:44:57 am
Very classy...... This is the best DC to ever coach at Arkansas.. WPS. #hammerdown.

Monte Kiffin says hey, but I like your enthusiasm young man. WPS!!

redeye

Quote from: CJC on January 10, 2018, 11:11:00 am
Hello to everyone,

I won't be posting very much... I don't think that's usually wise in the profession, but I wanted to introduce myself.

C. John Chavis

Welcome to Hogville! 

Hawgzinbowlz

Wrong.   "GO HOGS"

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Hawgzinbowlz on January 10, 2018, 12:29:17 pm
Wrong.   "GO HOGS"
The great thing about this particular argument (whichever side you are on) is that 5 years will come and then we will know the quality of the hire.

twistitup

and HELLO to NW Arkansas - the land of Milk and Honey. We realize that College Station depressed you Chief - it does most people....please allow Arkansas and the Razorback Family bring you back greatness.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Corkscrew Johnson

He should have ended it with....."NERDS!!"

jbigs77

Hello to everyone,

C. John Chavis
Most on here truly want you to succeed. Best of wishes, we are happy to have you.

redeye

Quote from: jbigs77 on January 10, 2018, 02:14:01 pm
Most on here truly want you to succeed. Best of wishes, we are happy to have you.

For the record, I believe CJC is Chavis' son.  He's an attorney in Knoxville and he's active on twitter.  Quite entertaining, actually.

This entire thread is about CJC and I'm not sure some realize that, so I figured it was worth mentioning.

rogersvillemohog

Hello to everyone,

C. John Chavis

Welcome to to the board C. John! I know you were active on TexAgs, Hogville often has a mind of its own. Happy to have your dad here. He's easily the most accomplished defensive coordinator we've had in two or three decades! WPS!
Arkansas Football: It's the players running through the A, Hog Hats, and Big Red. It's more than 70,000 fans calling, "WOO PIG SOOIE!"

Arkansas Football: It's the State of Arkansas banding together behind one team, and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are... chosen. They wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks.

Together we stand as tall as the towers of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walk. And our blood flows Razorbacks Red. For 100 years we've been Hogwild and today we continue the tradition.

We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

colbs

Hello to everyone,

C. John Chavis
Welcome!  Excited your Dad is the DC.  Like someone said above probably the most accomplished DC Arkansas has ever had.  Most have been begging for an attacking defense here for awhile. 

Paul

Hello to everyone,

C. John Chavis
You won't be up there till the Spring Game?

DuckTalesLOL

Quote from: Paul on January 10, 2018, 04:30:59 pm
You won't be up there till the Spring Game?

CJC is Chavis' son who lives in TN...

Hoggish1

Please don't doom us to another five years of your scintillating posts...

mrs_arkansas

Hello to everyone,

C. John Chavis

Very cool to see your post on here, as I currently follow you on Twitter as well. Excited to have your dad in Fayetteville and your family now cheering for Arkansas! WPS

Pig in the Pokey

Hello to everyone,

C. John Chavis
HEY, man! Welcome.

Do drop by on occasion if you will. Would love your opinions, especially in the off season.

jbcarol

Hawgzinbowlz

Hello to everyone,

C. John Chavis

Glad you're on board coach...It's great to have an SEC veteran leading the defense.
Welcome...Anytime

" GO HOGS "

War Boar

Once again, this is not our coach. It is his son. C. John Chavis is his son. In this instance CJC is not short for Coach John Chavis.

jbcarol