Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICIAL post your picks thread (sports investing)

Started by WILL CLINTON, August 28, 2011, 09:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

widespreadsooie

Went 3-3 Saturday bringing me to 35-38 YTD. Won on Temple, TN, and Baylor. Lost my OM/Hog ML parlay, the USF/Cincy under, and Ohio St.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on November 23, 2015, 10:33:13 am
That NC game cost me a huge 5 team parlay payoff.

THe world was on that line and it did a reverse line movement baiting more people in at -3 to -5.5.  I was bought hook line and sinker before and then knew UNC had to be up 14 plus int he 4th to win.  Everything happend like I needed then the butter fingers came along and coughed it up.

SPAL

November 23, 2015, 12:56:54 pm #9152 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:42:03 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
UT Chattanooga +16...L

onebadrubi

Sir pigs a lot of love there saying thats too many points for iowa st.  Nice pick hopefully for you. 

Im tailing here with,

Clemson -7
Drake +6
Duquesne +3 (wish I would have grabbed it earlier at +6)
Vandy -14

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2015, 01:03:15 pm
Sir pigs a lot of love there saying thats too many points for iowa st.  Nice pick hopefully for you. 

Im tailing here with,

Clemson -7
Drake +6
Duquesne +3 (wish I would have grabbed it earlier at +6)
Vandy -14

basketball lines just scare me to death. Too many late scores given up late when no one cares.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on November 23, 2015, 01:31:53 pm
basketball lines just scare me to death. Too many late scores given up late when no one cares.

I've been backdoored covered more in football this year than all the back door covers the last 5 in basketball probably.  Now that been said It may happen to me 3 times today.

it happened to me last night with golden state on a small play just because I was watching the game. 

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2015, 01:37:50 pm

I've been backdoored covered more in football this year than all the back door covers the last 5 in basketball probably.  Now that been said It may happen to me 3 times today.

it happened to me last night with golden state on a small play just because I was watching the game. 

I know it happens in everything. I have never done much bball before this season, just a few games here and there, and most of this year has been ov/un nba stuff. Done pretty well with that, but not so much on spreads in nba or the few college games I've played.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on November 23, 2015, 01:40:21 pm
I know it happens in everything. I have never done much bball before this season, just a few games here and there, and most of this year has been ov/un nba stuff. Done pretty well with that, but not so much on spreads in nba or the few college games I've played.

A trend in the NBA that was really nice for me last year was take a definite better team in the 3rd quarter only -X.  Now, exclude Golden state on this with their rotation last year because they would sit Curry for 2/3rds of the 3rd later in the season and first half of the fourth often.  But take for example last year portland against 76er's, they will come out of half time no matter the lead and try to run away with it or climb back no matter what the score you are going to get the best effort from the best team and they win those quarters and covering at a high clip.  Only problem you have take this wager before the game even starts.  It's too early this year to see whose really good or not but hopefully I will try to fire this trend up after thanksgiving for the smallest possible play on my books ($50) and ride a few out seeing how they go. 

FYI, I think you take the Tuesday Golden state line no matter if it is -30.  They are going for history and that temp HC will let the starters throttle the lakers to get that 16th win while at home. 

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

I did double up on the bung holes last night so recouped my redskins and bears debacle
Let's make some waves.

Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Let's make some waves.

Ohhhh I'm slow.  CBB college basketball.  Thought maybe you were betting on the head hog.
Let's make some waves.

hogsanity

went 4-2 on cbb last night. 3-1 on ov/un and 2-1 on spread best.

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 23, 2015, 01:50:23 pm
A trend in the NBA that was really nice for me last year was take a definite better team in the 3rd quarter only -X.  Now, exclude Golden state on this with their rotation last year because they would sit Curry for 2/3rds of the 3rd later in the season and first half of the fourth often.  But take for example last year portland against 76er's, they will come out of half time no matter the lead and try to run away with it or climb back no matter what the score you are going to get the best effort from the best team and they win those quarters and covering at a high clip.  Only problem you have take this wager before the game even starts.  It's too early this year to see whose really good or not but hopefully I will try to fire this trend up after thanksgiving for the smallest possible play on my books ($50) and ride a few out seeing how they go. 

FYI, I think you take the Tuesday Golden state line no matter if it is -30.  They are going for history and that temp HC will let the starters throttle the lakers to get that 16th win while at home. 

thank for the tip. Makes sense.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on November 24, 2015, 09:05:40 am
went 4-2 on cbb last night. 3-1 on ov/un and 2-1 on spread best.

thank for the tip. Makes sense.

Boy that clemson pick of mine was a close game!  How stupid. 

I played a bailout game late with Cal,thank goodness.  haven't looked at cbb today but Golden State is -17 and I am on it. 

DadVader1

For those of you who play NFL totals, the site where I get my power rating data recently added data on NFL totals:  http://www.thepredictiontracker.com/nfltotals.html

I don't do NFL and don't do totals but thought it might be of interest to those who do.  I'd love to see him add totals for college.

SPAL

November 24, 2015, 05:30:20 pm #9166 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:42:26 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Northern Illinois -13...L

SPAL

onebadrubi

onebadrubi

Huckleberry Pig

Almost hopped on Goldeb State but I've bandwagon on them cause I love watching Curry play, feel like I can't bet them now because of it.

Trying to stay disciplined this go around

Congrats on the wins onebadrubi

Huckleberry Pig

Also, can anyone tell me why I shouldn't take Carolina at a pick'em? I know they are on the road but cowboys stadium is one of the least hostile environments in the NFL (have been several times).  Carolina still has more talent on the field and is really playing well right now, esp on defense.

Also, being a huge diehard Cowboys fan, I think everyone got all excited after a win.  Our defense, esp pass defense, is still a glaring weakness and our running game still struggles.  We were fortunate to go against a terrible Miami team last week, I'm struggling to see why the hottest team in the NFL isn't favored in this one.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 25, 2015, 09:31:47 am
Also, can anyone tell me why I shouldn't take Carolina at a pick'em? I know they are on the road but cowboys stadium is one of the least hostile environments in the NFL (have been several times).  Carolina still has more talent on the field and is really playing well right now, esp on defense.

Also, being a huge diehard Cowboys fan, I think everyone got all excited after a win.  Our defense, esp pass defense, is still a glaring weakness and our running game still struggles.  We were fortunate to go against a terrible Miami team last week, I'm struggling to see why the hottest team in the NFL isn't favored in this one.

This is a game I've been looking at all week.  I obviously think highly of Carolina (see my plays last weekend), but you have to look at the cowboys.  With Romo, they most likely only have 1 loss and that is to the Patriots.  Every other game the backups while being awful kept dallas in the game and possibilities to win.  I read this morning supposedly Hardy came out and gave Cam and the panthers some bulletin board material so that should favor the panthers.  Here is what I am weighing right now

-Panthers advantage on Defense but dallas also has a good D
-Special teams is a push
-Dallas probably the better Offense but I still think Romo is not healthy and this is a ROmo wanting to play and Jerry Jones being a DA pushing him out there so fast. 
-We are watching Cam will his team each week to wins. 
-I am shocked the line did not open -3 to -4 to the Panthers which would make them on a neutral field a TD fav and home probably -9. 

I've seen money move the line from Dallas -1.5 to Panthers -1.5 now to PK. 

hogsanity

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 24, 2015, 07:35:02 pm
Another Mac loss. Screw it

Yep. I killed on the 1st 4 weeks of mid week Mac games, and gave it all back the last 4 weeks.

oldman1015

Arkansas, the left lane state.

campushog23

So far since starting to post my picks here: 3-1 NCAA, and 2-1 NFL. What I have this week:

NFL: Car -1.5 1u
NCAA:
Oklahoma -6.5 1u
FSU -2.5 2u
Ole Miss -1 1u
Vandy +17.5 1u
Iowa -1.5 1u

WinnerWinner

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on November 25, 2015, 09:31:47 am

Remember most betters will bet records vs team strengths.  I always bet with Vegas when I can.  65% of money is on Carolina..  I would let the line move up then bet on the cowboys.. So when i see a line and I'm like WTH...I bet with Vegas.

onebadrubi

Quote from: WinnerWinner on November 25, 2015, 12:07:20 pm

Remember most betters will bet records vs team strengths.  I always bet with Vegas when I can.  65% of money is on Carolina..  I would let the line move up then bet on the cowboys.. So when i see a line and I'm like WTH...I bet with Vegas.

Do you not think it's possible Vegas is baiting cowboy bettors with the low line on the cowboys?  That is the way I looked at it.  I figured if it came out -3 to -4 people would have jumped on Carolina like expected.  Making it close to a PK game and then they are able to get a lot more of people on the cowboys side thinking the boys have a shot to win.  Which then mean the right side is Carolina?  THis was my thought at least albeit probably wrong. 

Huckleberry Pig

Thanks for the insight onebadrubi and winner winner.  Will be interesting to watch it tomorrow before the game.  I want to play it but want to see what the line does up until game time.

WinnerWinner

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 25, 2015, 12:11:35 pm
Do you not think it's possible Vegas is baiting cowboy bettors with the low line on the cowboys?  That is the way I looked at it.  I figured if it came out -3 to -4 people would have jumped on Carolina like expected.  Making it close to a PK game and then they are able to get a lot more of people on the cowboys side thinking the boys have a shot to win.  Which then mean the right side is Carolina?  THis was my thought at least albeit probably wrong.

This line reminds me of Mich St Vs Neb a few weeks ago..  Public pounded State.. Was like 70% or more bets on state that game..  I'm going to let the line move up as far a possible then take Dallas ML.

widespreadsooie

Leans:

SJSU +7.5
MIC pk
Penn St. +11
UT St. +3
NC St. +5.5
FL +2.5
Cal -4
SC +17
Minny +2.5
Sip St. +1

hogsanity

so far this week

Ark-11.5
iowa -1.5
tulsa -7
emu/cmu ov 55.5

hogsanity

also playing some ncaa bball today

gonzaga -10
old miss -5.5
Georgia -9.5
Duke -13

SPAL

November 25, 2015, 01:37:14 pm #9184 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:42:46 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
LA Salle -3 CBB...L

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2015, 12:57:48 pm
so far this week

Ark-11.5
iowa -1.5
tulsa -7
emu/cmu ov 55.5

Geeze that 11.5 is the best i've seen by far on Arkansas.  It opened at -14 everywhere I've seen.  Nice line

hogsanity

Quote from: onebadrubi on November 25, 2015, 02:44:05 pm
Geeze that 11.5 is the best i've seen by far on Arkansas.  It opened at -14 everywhere I've seen.  Nice line

I fat fingered that post, I got it at hogs -13.5

DadVader1

Here's what I've done so far, 2 units each on:

Colo St. -9.5
K St -20
Az St +4 (h)
UTEP +2.5 (friggin forgot to buy the hook)
Ark St. -17
Tulsa -6.5 (h)
Boise -6.5 (h)
Tx Tech +1
Lou -4
OK -7

I didn't grow my plays along with my bankroll this week, because I am a bit leery of rivalry week so am playing it a bit more cautious.

Huckleberry Pig

Rolling with these so far in NCAAF:

Iowa (-.5) bought the hook - 3 units
Michigan (pk) - 2 units
UNC (-5.5) - 3 units
Clemson (-17) - 3 units
Toledo (-8) - 2 units

Thoughts?

hogsanity

onebadrubi

Quote from: hogsanity on November 25, 2015, 11:40:06 pm
3-1,

Good day there!  I got carried away today watching basketball then started chasing late.  Got a huge hole to dig out of which is probably not likely now. 

SPAL

November 26, 2015, 08:15:11 am #9191 Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:43:07 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
Cowboys -1...L

WILL CLINTON

When I first looked at Texas they were a point or so favorite, now they are a point or so dog. I may go against the grain here and take the Horns. Just a lean right now though. I need to see what happens after I wake up from my chicken and dressing coma this evening.
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

DadVader1

I'm adding another 2 units to each of the following (a trend that is 51-10 likes these five ... again, don't put too much weight on trends during rivalry week):

Colo St. -9.5 (h)
K St. -20
Ark St. -17
UTEP +3
Mid Tn -12

Good luck & Happy Thanksgiving!

Hate taking road teams, but on them all today

Eagles +3
Panthers pk
Bears +8.5
Texas Tech-1

All 2 unit plays
And 4 teamer same way for 50.00
Let's make some waves.

SPAL

Huckleberry Pig

Tailing Jeff on two and adding...
2 unit parlay to win 5 units:
Texas Tech +1.5
Eagles +3 

That Texas/Texas Tech line has moved like crazy, surprised to see my site have them at +1.5 this morning

Huckleberry Pig

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving and good luck to everyone today

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving as well.
Let's make some waves.

jkstock04

I'm taking the Eagles +3 for 5 units and gonna see what happens after that. I've taken a beating the past couple weeks...been ugly. I drunkenly threw 3 bills on Holly Holm which bailed me out nicely but my football picks have been garbage. If this weekend goes south for me again, I'm probably gonna hang em up for the year...gotta know when to fold em.

Looks like most everyone else has done pretty well this season though! It does make me happy to know the man doesn't always win. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving & comes out on top today.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys