Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just leaving the game..

Started by CallThemHawgs!, November 23, 2012, 05:26:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CallThemHawgs!

This one is on Johnelle.... end of story. Fans came out and did their part. Players played their damn hearts out. And johnelle completely blew it.

Thank God this disaster is finally over  :puke:

Dr. Starcs

Fans?  There were a ton of empty seats

Hoggycronopolis

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 23, 2012, 05:31:14 pm
.  Were YOU there? Then don't question other fans.
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they SMITE you, and then you win"  
-Ghandi

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"
-George Carlin

CallThemHawgs!

The game drug on endlessly with the tv timeouts and with the wind and temperatures lots of old people and people who were under dressed left. A solid 50k fans were there until the last snap, and were standing the entirety of the 4th quarter

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Sas Nakra

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on November 23, 2012, 05:34:11 pm
The game drug on endlessly with the tv timeouts and with the wind and temperatures lots of old people and people who were under dressed left. A solid 50k fans were there until the last snap, and were standing the entirety of the 4th quarter
There were not 50K fans there at the end. The SEZ was 90% empty. The upper decks were MAYBE half full. There could not have been more than 40,000 fans at any point from beginning of 4th Q on and that is being generous.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

redeye

There were lot's of empty seats when the game began. Unless CBS was editing people out of their seats, it was fairly obvious on TV.

Regardless, was it really so cold that people couldn't stay the entire game? Our first game against LSU in Fayetteville in 20 years? It's disappointing, either way.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Sas Nakra on November 23, 2012, 05:37:42 pm
There were not 50K fans there at the end. The SEZ was 90% empty. The upper decks were MAYBE half full. There could not have been more than 40,000 fans at any point from beginning of 4th Q on and that is being generous.

Oh I apologize, thanks for correcting me. I assume you were one of them right? You paid your money to drive, and park, and stood in the 40 degree weather with 20mph winds to watch a 4-7 team play.

All things considered the fans were LOUD, reguardless of how many were here.... the players played, HARD....

Johnelle dropped the ball

Sas Nakra

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on November 23, 2012, 05:41:47 pm
Oh I apologize, thanks for correcting me. I assume you were one of them right? You paid your money to drive, and park, and stood in the 40 degree weather with 20mph winds to watch a 4-7 team play.

All things considered the fans were LOUD, reguardless of how many were here.... the players played, HARD....

I do not care about any of that. You said there were 50K fans at the end. There were not. It matters not if you were there or I was there.
What is it about a beautiful sunny afternoon, with the birds singing and the wind rustling through the leaves, that makes you want to get drunk?

Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny.

Dr. Starcs

No I was not at the game. So I can't question his op?

That would be like me saying "Are you a coach?  Well then you can't question John L."

Good logic.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Sas Nakra on November 23, 2012, 05:45:05 pm
I do not care about any of that. You said there were 50K fans at the end. There were not. It matters not if you were there or I was there.

Ok CLOWN... there was 45k I don't freaking know. Get off it. You were not one of them, you have no place to say a damn thing about where the game should be played or criticize those who did or did not show up.

It was loud, we did NOT lose that game because of fans. Period.

whosiskid

Some of the calls were incredibly painful to watch.

I thought there were a couple of upsides to the game. If Knile comes back for his senior year, he looks like he'll be the old Knile. I guess he got back his straight ahead speed a lot sooner than he got his lateral quickness back. I think he needs to come back for a huge senior year.

John Quincy, were you aware of the Petersen twitters while at the game?

One thing that really encouraged me was how many great plays were made by freshmen. I can't wait to see what McKay and AJ and Otha Peters will do with spring training. If Petersen is the new coach, this could lead to great things.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

Dr. Starcs

This is bs. Fans can question anything they want. We can't question you, but you can criticize coaches. Sounds totally fair.

razorbackchamps94

I saw a lot of purple and gold

Sas Nakra

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on November 23, 2012, 05:48:55 pm
Ok CLOWN... there was 45k I don't freaking know. Get off it. You were not one of them, you have no place to say a damn thing about where the game should be played or criticize those who did or did not show up.

It was loud, we did NOT lose that game because of fans. Period.
I did not say it was not loud. I did not say the game was lost because of the fans. I said there were not 50K fans there at the end of the game. Do you want to argue with me about the temperature or the population of Washington Co? You were wrong. The fans did not show up and/or did not stay. The fans did not lose the game but the ones who were NOT there did hurt the effort.

PORKULATOR

Quote from: John Quincy Poodle on November 23, 2012, 05:41:47 pm

JLS DIDN'T lose this game for us. He didn't fumble on the two or throw an interception on a play that had a wide open 5-6 yard gain available. The players pressed themselves a bit hard early and you can press your a$$ against a moving train if you think otherwise. :P
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

prairiehogcompanion

Look whoever you are..... glad you got to go to the game BUT...

all those empty seats were clearly visible from the CBS camera in the air.

Kudos to the attenders, who made plenty of noise.

It was still twice as atmospheric as 80% of the Big 12, 80% of the Pac 12, 75% of the Big 10 games at full capacity would have been.

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on November 23, 2012, 05:51:50 pm
This is bs. Fans can question anything they want. We can't question you, but you can criticize coaches. Sounds totally fair.

That literally made no sense.... apples and airplanes buddy

BuschHawg

Thank you to the fans that attended no matter how many there were, and thank you to the players. From all I could tell on TV, the fans, however many there were, appeared to be into the game and as vocal as whatever number of fans could be. Today, I'm proud of the effort of the players and fans. However, I'm disgusted with some of the coaching decisions.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: PORKULATOR on November 23, 2012, 05:55:39 pm
JLS DIDN'T lose this game for us. He didn't fumble on the two or throw an interception on a play that had a wide open 5-6 yard gain available. The players pressed themselves a bit hard early and you can press your a$$ against a moving train if you think otherwise. :P

FG on 4th and Goal at the 1 in the 4th Quarter?

May want to rethink that.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

Ben Steiger

There were a ton of empty seats, and I stayed till the final gun.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: redeye on November 23, 2012, 05:39:11 pm
There were lot's of empty seats when the game began. Unless CBS was editing people out of their seats, it was fairly obvious on TV.

Regardless, was it really so cold that people couldn't stay the entire game? Our first game against LSU in Fayetteville in 20 years? It's disappointing, either way.

It was dang cold. My three sons and I were all shivering with teeth chattering.

That said, it was a great game (my sons' fisrt home game) and we had a great time.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Sas Nakra

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on November 23, 2012, 07:00:12 pm
It was dang cold. My three sons and I were all shivering with teeth chattering.

That said, it was a great game (my sons' fisrt home game) and we had a great time.
My Three Sons. Great show back in the day. Good ole Fred MacMurray and William Demarest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3nLLI-CilM

hawgeathawg

How ever many of us there were, we were loud. I don't blame anyone for leaving early, it got chilly before it was over. And yes, there were a lot of LSU fans, sitting in seats that should have been occupied by Hog fans. Thanks to those who chose to see this thing through to the end.

Hoggish1

The game drug on endlessly with the tv timeouts and with the wind and temperatures lots of old people and people who were under dressed left.

It was a TV game, what do you expect.  And what were fans doing there without gear for the weather.  Wine and cheese crowd...?

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: Hoggish1 on November 23, 2012, 07:26:56 pm
It was a TV game, what do you expect.  And what were fans doing there without gear for the weather.  Wine and cheese crowd...?

No, just a seemingly 20 degree temperature difference in the sun vs shade. And from halftime on most all of the crowd was in the shade. Guess thats a byproduct of the bleachers going up into the air, you know, like a real football stadium.

I have been to multiple games in WMS, and every game for as long as I can remember in Fayetteville. Regardless of what YOU think, this game was as loud or louder than any game I have ever been to at WMS including Miracle on Markham I

Its better for the university for a number of reasons, sorry if you dont agree

code red

It wasn't that cold...now Memphis...that was cold.  I think we lost the game when we fumbled on the 1 and missed 2 makeable field goals with the wind at our back....again our mistakes cause another team to win.  Broken record for the 8th time this year.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

HawgTide

Quote from: Sas Nakra on November 23, 2012, 05:37:42 pm

You are full of crap.I stayed till the end in the red zone along with a
lot of other fans.

HogWall Jackson

Quote from: tusksincolorado on November 23, 2012, 06:00:18 pm

I'd like to see him wired up to a Polygraph with an F.B.I. Agent on the other end.

oldhog63

I stayed until the last play of the game (season). It was not THAT cold. Weather was no factor whether you stayed or not. In a game that exciting ,against LSU no less, who cares about the temperature?

CallThemHawgs!

Quote from: oldhog63 on November 23, 2012, 08:48:32 pm
I stayed until the last play of the game (season). It was not THAT cold. Weather was no factor whether you stayed or not. In a game that exciting ,against LSU no less, who cares about the temperature?

While I agree, I was in the SEZ in the shade the entire game. Trust me when I say this, I have been in some ** & cold weather in my short time here on earth... but if you did not have on a decent jacket it was pretty darn miserable.

HognitiveDissonance

I was quite impressed with the turnout and the enthusiasm of the fans for a 4-7 team. Caught me off guard.

It was a bit chilly, good wind chill the whole game, and I was in the sun most of the time.

Lots of purple there. More LSU fans than Alabama fans that day in Sept.

All in all, good showing by our fans considering the circumstances. At times, it looked like there about 65000-70000 people there.

WSPHOG

It was a good crowd today. Just got home from the game and wow was it cold! I was shocked at how many fans showed up today to support such a bad coaching staff and team. I would say about 67,000 fans showed up at the start.

Hogfaniam

looked like a lot of people left at half time and didn't come back.  or stayed under the bleachers out of the wind and cold.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: tusksincolorado on November 23, 2012, 06:00:18 pm

But if we don't make it into the end zone then we could have lost our chance to go to a bowl. No wait... I mean we could have lost our chance to be a .500 team. No wait... I mean... What the heck did we have to lose by going for it?

Of all the things these players endured through this season, and for a "players coach" not to give them a chance to feel good is crazy. The players deserved the chance to go for it. I wonder if the players still feel so fondly of JLS?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

RebelAt

I was just to the left (facing the field) of the visitor's tunnel the entirety of the game.  Had on an undershirt, flannel shirt, sweat shirt and a fleece jacket, gloves and it was just barely tolerable.  It wasn't the coldest game I've ever been to, but it sure did feel cold.  A number of people left, I think, for the cold where I was seated and in part, a lot of people were not close to dressing appropriately.  I know I did hear one family leave because they had to go attend a high school football game.

My section (127) was probably only half full from halftime on.

West Coast Hog Fan

The stadium started emptying when LSU went up 10-0.  I sit is section 502 and there were many empty seats when the game started, and not even half full by halftime, and even more left in third quarter.  The north wind was cold and I could not feel my toes when the game ended.  What dissapointed me was the number of LSU fans all over in Ark sections.  I was surrounded by them in section 502, and they mouthed off all game.  It was cold but no LSU fans were leaving the game...only Razorback fans.  Game was never loud in section 502.  I felt like I was the only one yelling and cheering all game.  Dissapointed in the fans that sold their tickets, the fans that sat and did not cheer at all, and the fans that left early. 

Sas Nakra

On tv you got great view of the SEZ, and it was literally no more than 20% full with 12 min to go in the game. I was shocked. Hogs were down 4 points and it was anybody's game at that point.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Sas Nakra on November 23, 2012, 05:45:05 pm

Don't waste time on this dirt bag. He is not worth it..Sounded great and I was very surprised at the amount of fans that showed up. Great job!