Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

hogs softball at norman

Started by flippinhogmana, May 17, 2017, 09:03:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

the game is at 11:00 on Friday and will be televised on SECtv.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

nwahogfan1

I watched Tulsa victory over Houston and would you not call our game with them a 50/50 game? 

psycHOGlogist

Yes. Tulsa's best pitcher is truly elite. It will be very hard to beat her, and we will have to have excellent pitching and defense to give ourselves a chance.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 18, 2017, 12:26:33 pm
Yes. Tulsa's best pitcher is truly elite. It will be very hard to beat her, and we will have to have excellent pitching and defense to give ourselves a chance.

ditto on that and on the subsequent games.  I also said the broadcast was at 11:00 but it actually shows 11:30 now.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

Not the best result we could have hoped for, Hogs tied the game and then lose it in the bottom of the 7th after getting up 3-0 early. 

pigture perfect

That was tough to watch. Our pitcher deserved better.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

nwahogfan1

It was a 50\50 game and definitely had our chances but just did not make it happen,. We need to win that first one tomorrow and maybe build come momentum.  Go ladies.

psycHOGlogist

Done in by the defense. Two unearned runs, and we were not ready for their small ball game when the took the lead 4-3.

But tomorrow is another day!

flippinhogmana

The schedule (on the hogs site) says 8pm for the game tonight, but a story I read said 4, anyone got any idea what the actual time for the game is?

psycHOGlogist

It's going to be 8-ish. They're delaying play due to weather, and they have to finish yesterday's OU vs NDSU game. Then the winner plays Tulsa, then the Hogs play the loser.

flippinhogmana

psycHOGlogist

OU loses to NDSU in a HUGE upset, 3-2 in 9 innings, so we'll play OU tonight.

Really bad luck for us, but this proves OU is beatable.

yraciv

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 20, 2017, 03:56:29 pm
OU loses to NDSU in a HUGE upset, 3-2 in 9 innings, so we'll play OU tonight.

Really bad luck for us, but this proves OU is beatable.

Got to beat them eventually. Better they lose now then later where you'd have to beat them twice.

Knot2brite

I really dislike these espn announcers
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Dr. Starcs

Don't know why those wild pitches were so funny.

No excuses for 4 in a row. Now down 4-3

fyrfytnrazrbacfan

Finally pulled her after losing the lead to wild pitches!
"Those who say it can't be done should get the he** out of the way of those that's doing it!"  Rev Run

Dr. Starcs

How can you not send Schroeder there? 

*edit. Wasted opportunity there by the 3rd base coach.

Ccwaziya

You have to send that runner!!!!

Jzilla

Absolutely ridiculous not to send her

Scott7703

I'm fairly certain she stopped on her own. The issue for Arkansas has been on the mound this game. To many walks.

yraciv

Quote from: Jzilla on May 20, 2017, 10:11:16 pm
Absolutely ridiculous not to send her

Who's the 3rd base coach? Only the second softball game I've tuned into all year.

Dr. Starcs

Got a shot here.

*edit. Never mind. Runners on 2nd and 3rd no outs, can't even put the ball in play.

Nevertheless, good building season by this team. Hopefully continued improvement to next year.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: Knot2brite on May 20, 2017, 08:25:05 pm
I really dislike these espn announcers

They were terrible, and the woman in particular was totally pro-OU.

psycHOGlogist

Quote from: yraciv on May 20, 2017, 10:23:25 pm
Who's the 3rd base coach? Only the second softball game I've tuned into all year.

Assistant Coach Matt Meuchel. He took over 3b coach duties about halfway through the season ... maybe when Coach Deifel knew she was pregnant?

psycHOGlogist

I agree that you should probably send her there, but ... she is big and not particularly fast. No way of knowing that the throw was going to be that far off line.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on May 21, 2017, 12:05:27 am
I agree that you should probably send her there, but ... she is big and not particularly fast. No way of knowing that the throw was going to be that far off line.
The better question is did they still have a pinch runner available to run for her?  I do not know if they had used it before.

flippinhogmana

Quote from: LadybackBBFan on May 21, 2017, 07:57:20 am
The better question is did they still have a pinch runner available to run for her?  I do not know if they had used it before.

They used a pinch runner before on one of her two walks, so running for her there would have meant pulling her.  Second, at least they fought to the end.  It was a tough regional, and we lost by one run, and two runs.  Quite an improvement from last year.  I'll take, I hate losing especially Schroeder, but on to next year.