Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema says that we're hungry now

Started by hawgon, September 20, 2017, 10:49:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

I'll go on record and say hunger isn't a problem for him.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 21, 2017, 01:18:01 pm

It was a metaphysical comment (staying with hogville malaprop use). Coach B means that if the TAM win was a meal that by now his body would be a huddled, slumped and weakened bag of bones that protrude through his emaciated flesh and his strength would be so sapped that he couldn't even wave away the flies crawling in and out of his gaping mouth.

That's what I gathered.

twistitup

I thought we were 'hungry' the ENTIRE off season after the way last season ended...Coach B said "the end of last year left a bitter taste in these kids mouths and it has pushed them to get better in the off season. "

What happened to that bitter taste?

What made they hungry after TCU - shouldn't that hunger of been there all along?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: twistitup on September 21, 2017, 02:00:47 pm
I thought we were 'hungry' the ENTIRE off season after the way last season ended...Coach B said "the end of last year left a bitter taste in these kids mouths and it has pushed them to get better in the off season. "

What happened to that bitter taste?

What made they hungry after TCU - shouldn't that hunger of been there all along?

Well tonight is Catfish Hole.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

azhog10

Apparently Brandon Martin is ready to go! Can't hold back his emotions and just wants to hit somebody.......too soon?

311Hog

i was hungry to, but then i ate lunch so i am good now

LZH

Quote from: RebHog on September 20, 2017, 08:02:11 pm
Just as he cant do anything wrong in your eyes apparently. I actually do agree these are probably required and at this point what can he say?

Good Lord.  Is he a good French kisser, too?

Torqued pork

I'm seeing Bert being grouchy to Mike and Carol then eating a Snickers then morphing back into Marsha.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: woodrow hog call on September 20, 2017, 12:20:01 pm
Yeah I can imagine a reporter asking him about his teams mindset for the upcoming game, and him replying by saying "no comment".

None of you would find anything to gripe about, because that's exactly what you say you want him to do, yes I sure can see that. I can believe that like I believe the world will end this Saturday.

Well I never listen or watch PC's and have no clue why they do them so if he shut up all he would be doing is saying exactly what he usually says.  Maybe he should describe the fight, do a little shadow boxing, dance around a little.  That would be entertainment.

HawgsPolo

"A bunch of a thousand lies"

Jim Boeheim
Go Cubs Go!!!!!

farmhawg

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on September 20, 2017, 10:58:52 am
You had me with you right up to the point where you compared CBB to HDN. I'm ready for a change but I'd still take CBB over HDN all day everyday.
Agreed.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PygmalionEffect2

Quotesaid Bielema, "Because we learned some things we needed to learn. The byproduct is now we get an A&M game that we're very hungry."

There's so much wrong with this statement. 
1.  It communicates that the coaches can't get the players mentally prepared to play unless they're coming off a loss.
2.  It communicates that there are good things that come from losing.
3.  He said the identical thing after the LSU loss in his first year here, so maybe that's a clue it's time to change your message in regards to
      bad losses. 

4.  Before making comments like that, Bret should ask himself "would Nick say this after a loss?"
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

twistitup

Quickdraw

Ok, Brett. PROVE HOW HUNGRY YOU ARE AND BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF A&M. BUT DON'T STOP THEIR, SHOW US HOW HUNGRY YOU ARE THE REST OF THE SEASON.

nchogg

Quote from: GuvHog on September 20, 2017, 12:32:51 pm
I really don't mind the Coachspeak......as long as Bielema and his Hogs back it up on the field. So far this year, they haven't done that.
I agree and am as frustrated as the next fan. I want to see results on the field.

cal34

Let's just all get behind coach B & support them Hogs!  Woohoo!

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: cal34 on September 22, 2017, 09:18:20 am
I always "support them Hogs". I have been behind CBB ,even though I didn't like the hire. I can get back behind him, but he's going to have to earn it now.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on September 21, 2017, 10:45:04 pm
There's so much wrong with this statement. 
1.  It communicates that the coaches can't get the players mentally prepared to play unless they're coming off a loss.
2.  It communicates that there are good things that come from losing.
3.  He said the identical thing after the LSU loss in his first year here, so maybe that's a clue it's time to change your message in regards to
      bad losses. 

4.  Before making comments like that, Bret should ask himself "would Nick say this after a loss?"

Agreed, just say you guys did a bad job of getting the team prepared and called a terrible game and they're going to do everything they can to fix it. 

Then learn how to run the plays to perfection, get the team ready to run through a wall on game day, and call a great game.  Get that W and do it again and if you lose, say, we again didn't call a good enough game and get the guys prepared.  If you can't get those W's then leave! 

twistitup

Quote from: cal34 on September 22, 2017, 09:18:20 am

or just support them HOGS!!

CBB will need to earn the support / respect of the fanbase....everyone is tired of talk / ready for bustin' heads on the field.

DeltaBoy

Coach needs to shut up and beat TAMU!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HognitiveDissonance

I like CBB quite a bit, runs the program the right way...but you have to admit he's mostly hat and not much cattle. Talks a real good game. If he you listen to him, he motivates you and makes you think 'this guy has it all together'. Very confident in his speech, always.

It says here that if we beat A&M, CBB will say something essentially taking credit for making the necessary adjustments from the TCU game to get this win. Just like he did after the Florida game last year. Some of us pointed that out and were castigated for it. I didn't care so much what he said, it was just that I was thinking his assistants probably weren't liking him so much at the time for throwing them under the bus, and I was also thinking that the same 'adjustments' didn't help a bit the next week getting blown out by LSU. So it wasn't really the 'adjustments' after all.

moses_007

Quote from: HoggyCat on September 21, 2017, 01:18:01 pm
No joke.  He always wears that wind breaker, even if it's 100 degrees, to hide his gut.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: HoginMemphis on September 20, 2017, 10:54:24 am
They had a chip on their shoulder after the bowl game and it remained on their collective shoulders all the way up to the TCU game. Somewhere during pre-game, the chip fell off and no one could find it. Turns out, when it fell it slid under the table where they tape ankles and no one saw it. So that is why they did not play tough and aggressive in the TCU game.

Now they are hungry and you can't lose hungry...unless you stop at the Golden Corral for breakfast buffet on the way to the game. Hopefully the team will not do that and will remain hungry when the A&M game kicks off.

This is beautiful af.
[CENSORED]!

jcbville

Quote from: twistitup on September 22, 2017, 10:16:53 am
or just support them HOGS!!

CBB will need to earn the support / respect of the fanbase....everyone is tired of talk / ready for bustin' heads on the field.

I like the way CBB talks. He's pretty direct etc...Especially when things are going well he quickly gets the "Swagger" flowing. That bothers some people but I love it.

However now is definitely the time to demonstrate not pontificate.

farmhawg

Quote from: hawgdavis on September 21, 2017, 01:11:29 pm
Or maybe just maybe a break will go our way, some kind of broken coverage or missed tackle early in the 2nd 1/2 that results in a big play for a TD and they get the monkey off their back and then finally unload big time. You know the players have to be frustrated and pressing to hard to make it happen so they are playing tight. It has to be on the offensive side of the ball though.
you make your own breaks through hard wark and preparation. Maybe that's the real issue....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LZH

He seems beat down and completely despondent. If our other coaches, particularly our coordinators, do not Step Up this year will be a disaster. I think Bielema knows it.

budcampbellfan

With what they have turned our program into, we could blow A&M off the field tomorrow and not show up the next 2 games.  Or we could be "hungry" the first half and not come out for the 2nd.  With BB you never know.  BB is no head coach and JL is not an SEC AD.  I'm sure both would be great at Pitt.

Who hires these people??
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: budcampbellfan on September 22, 2017, 07:47:23 pm
With what they have turned our program into, we could blow A&M off the field tomorrow and not show up the next 2 games.  Or we could be "hungry" the first half and not come out for the 2nd.  With BB you never know.  BB is no head coach and JL is not an SEC AD.  I'm sure both would be great at Pitt.

Who hires these people??
::)

hawgon

He is not a details guy.  So when things go south mentally as they seem to have done, he has nothing to fall back on.  A guy like Petrino could immerse himself and the team in things like measuring the steps of receivers with a tape measure and all that.  That I th served to reinforce discipline and to distract the team from mental issues.  Bielema can't do that and is left with coaching cliches that appear to have stopped working.

farmhawg

Quote from: budcampbellfan on September 22, 2017, 07:47:23 pm

Who hires these people??
Maybe that's the real question. Who does long report to? He or she is not doing their job.
From theflyinghog

JaketheSnake

Quote from: hawgon on September 22, 2017, 07:51:59 pm
He is not a details guy.  So when things go south mentally as they seem to have done, he has nothing to fall back on.  A guy like Petrino could immerse himself and the team in things like measuring the steps of receivers with a tape measure and all that.  That I th served to reinforce discipline and to distract the team from mental issues.  Bielema can't do that and is left with coaching cliches that appear to have stopped working.
You know what else CBP could "immerse" himself in????

PorkSoda

at what point does hungry become malnourished?  I'm not sure feeding on the occasional cupcake is going to be sufficient.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: JaketheSnake on September 22, 2017, 07:55:55 pm
You know what else CBP could "immerse" himself in????
a swimming pool filled with nacho cheese?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hawgon

If Bielema goes ketogenic, he has enough stored up to go a year without eating.

budcampbellfan

Quote from: hawgon on September 22, 2017, 07:51:59 pm
I wonder what clichés he used to stop the fight in the locker room the other day.  That must have been comical.
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

Porkchop#1

Since dinner was about 2 hours ago, it is easy enough to believe CBB is now hungry.

JaketheSnake

Quote from: PorkSoda on September 22, 2017, 07:58:01 pm
a swimming pool filled with nacho cheese?
Who wouldnt?  Not necessarily bc it's fun, but because how many people can say they have accomplished that!  I'd be up to my nips in nacho cheese.

AlmaHog2011

Next year let me know when the team is hungry so I don't waste my money watching the games they are not hungry.

I honestly can't stand the mans press conferences. He doesn't even believe the BS he says and you can tell. He is saying nothing and knows nothing.

Watch him at the game he doesn't even bother talking to his players..Just off by himself looking confused.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: twistitup on September 20, 2017, 11:29:54 am
Shut up and let's go get some W's....no more b/s - show it on the field.
I think this sums it up.  Its been 2 weeks of this coach speak.  Its time to just be quiet and hopefully show that all the things he says are true and the team is hungry now (although I dont understand why it took being embarrassed at home by TCU to get hungry) and he has it going in the right direction.

Hog Nation just wants to SEE it on the field. Show that the coaching staff can coach and that they can make adjustments and that they can put the best players in the right position to at least have a chance at succeeding.  SHOW IT on the field.  Its time.

MemphisBossHog

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on September 22, 2017, 08:10:24 pm
Next year let me know when the team is hungry so I don't waste my money watching the games they are not hungry.

I honestly can't stand the mans press conferences. He doesn't even believe the BS he says and you can tell. He is saying nothing and knows nothing.

Watch him at the game he doesn't even bother talking to his players..Just off by himself looking confused.
Ive noticed that as well.  Now Im about to make a Petrino reference, so nobody get upset, but I do remember that BP would show fire on the sidelines.  If a kid messed up, BP got in his arse and made sure he knew not to do it again.   BB just has his headset on and goes up and down the sideline and doesnt seem to talk much to anybody.   Not saying he doesnt, but we sure dont see it much.

Hog N Bama

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: GunnerHawg70 on September 20, 2017, 11:04:46 am
What gave that away??? I sure hope the Hogs win or he will blow an O-ring... :o

You're kidding right? This guy has a CBB voodoo doll with a pin stuck so far up it's wahoo that it looks like it's suffering from a bad case of the skinny boner...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

ZERO

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 20, 2017, 11:04:00 am
You? Hate to pile on? I lol'd.

You must construct additional pile-ons.

(i hope someone gets this reference)
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

holeinthewall

From the size of him he must always be hungry

JaketheSnake