Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017-18 Razorback Bracketology Tracker

Started by jbcarol, April 27, 2017, 11:50:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellon Collie

Quote from: jbcarol on March 10, 2018, 08:05:22 am
https://bracketville.wordpress.com/bracketology

UPDATED:  March 10, 2018   |   8:00 a.m. (ET)

much rather be playing MSU in 2nd round than Duke.

maybe get to a 5 seed with 2 more wins.

jbcarol

Scott Gleeson
‏Verified account @ScottMGleeson
23m23 minutes ago

.@USATODAYSports' Selection Sunday Eve NCAA tournament bracketology: Can North Carolina notch a No. 1 seed? https://usat.ly/2nTpuku  via @BracketWAG

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

la20688

One thing is a certainty. For Arkansas to get to the elite 8 they will at some point have to go through NC.

GlassofSwine

Quote from: jbcarol on March 10, 2018, 05:22:51 pm
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology  Updated March 10 4:32 pm

Palm still has Hogs as a 6-seed in Dallas.

UNC in the lower half, no doubt this has a 99.9% chance of happening.

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
‏Verified account @BracketWAG
6h6 hours ago

Last night of bracketing, kinda bittersweet

jbcarol

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
‏Verified account @BracketWAG
1h1 hour ago

A full day of scrubbing done, a few teams still bug me, but my bracket now posted. #SELECTIONSUNDAY is here!!! http://bracketwag.com

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Quadrant 1 Win Totals (as of games played 3/9/18) for the top teams

Quadrant 1: Games at home vs teams ranked 1-30 in the RPI, Neutral vs 1-50, Road vs 1-75.  Wins are very good. Losses are "quality".

PygmalionEffect2

I see we are matched up with Michigan in the second round and now Florida has Michigan State in this scenario.

Don't follow other teams enough to really have an opinion, so why would I be relieved to play Michigan instead of Mich St. if we were to make it into the second round?

Must be based on prior history.  State is always tough in the tournament.  Izzo is still their coach i see. 

That's why.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

AlmaHog2011

Michigan in Dallas I will be there!!!

checkraiser88

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Kind of worried - Lunardi has Auburn as the 3 seed in Dallas and us and TCU swapped so we would be a 7 seed in Nashville, with a really horrible draw of potential round 2 match up with Duke and round 3 with Kentucky :/

checkraiser88

Quote from: iCalledThatHogBrotha! on March 11, 2018, 10:20:30 am
Kind of worried - Lunardi has Auburn as the 3 seed in Dallas and us and TCU swapped so we would be a 7 seed in Nashville, with a really horrible draw of potential round 2 match up with Duke and round 3 with Kentucky :/

I know, everybody is scared of NC, but Duke is just has bad of a draw, along with Michigan state

jbcarol

checkraiser88

jbcarol

Of course Jerry Palm, who will change this during the day, is generally partial to the B1G and Chicagoland schools.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Do not want Lunardi's scenario even though we would be in Nashville. Duke has two monsters in the post.

Do not want.

BannerMountainMan

So Arkansas who just beat Florida, has a better record, RPI, and SOS than them is behind them and Florida is a 6. We knew this crap was coming
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

checkraiser88

So Lunardi has the only bracket with us as a 7? I feel ok about a 6

jbcarol

A view from the many:

http://www.bracketmatrix.com

If you contribute to the bracket matrix and you do not have your March 11 bracket available yet -- that's on you.

Rome26

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on March 11, 2018, 10:36:07 am
Do not want Lunardi's scenario even though we would be in Nashville. Duke has two monsters in the post.

Do not want.

Lunardi has Miami and TCU as 6 seeds. We have better resumes than both of those teams so I'm kind of confused on why he have them with a higher seed.

hogsanity

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 11, 2018, 10:39:43 am
So Arkansas who just beat Florida, has a better record, RPI, and SOS than them is behind them and Florida is a 6. We knew this crap was coming

1st these guys are just guessing. 2nd, some of it is that the SEC may have 8 teams in and 4 or 5 of them are all about the same 6/7. Also depends on where they want to send teams. Maybe they will want the Hogs in the Midwest, but to put them there they have to make them  7.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jbcarol

jst01

Mich State would be tough!! They are a clinic on how to rebound. Rather get Michigan.

Hog_Fink

feel like Mich st would wipe the floor with us. How are they a 3seed with only 4 losses?

Hog_Fink

I'd rather play duke. their defense is not very good. and I think we would be very hyped up

checkraiser88

Quote from: galactivation on March 11, 2018, 01:27:00 pm
feel like Mich st would wipe the floor with us. How are they a 3seed with only 4 losses?

Because they don't have many Quad 1 wins...It's crazy to me to think they aren't at least a 2

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

checkraiser88

I will be pissed if Florida is seeded ahead of us. We have a slight better resume

jbcarol

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: checkraiser88 on March 11, 2018, 01:31:33 pm
I will be pissed if Florida is seeded ahead of us. We have a slight better resume
what if A&M gets the same as us then we should really be mad

99toLife

No we don't not even close.

rhames

Be prepared to be pissed.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Randohoggie

Quote from: 99toLife on March 11, 2018, 01:58:56 pm
No we don't not even close.

Ok, let's see ...

23-11 versus 20-12
10-8 versus 11-7
30 RPI versus 46 RPI
Just beat their ass a couple days ago.

I'd say that's at least close.

hawginbigd1

jbcarol

Supermark101

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 02:14:22 pm
Ok, let's see ...

23-11 versus 20-12
10-8 versus 11-7
30 RPI versus 46 RPI
Just beat their ass a couple days ago.

I'd say that's at least close.

Another way to look at it.

Tier one record
6-9 vs 9-5
SOS
34 vs 24

Only reason they're so far behind us in rpi is they played more tier 2 team and lost, while we played more tier 3 teams and won. We'll see what the committee thinks os most important.

Quote from: jbcarol on March 11, 2018, 02:43:53 pm
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology
Updated  Mar 11, 3:21pm (Davidson is in)

I'd rather play in Wichita because it would be easier to go. Relatively good draw for us. Michigan is a good match up for us and UNC in LA is better then in the east.

jbcarol

Randohoggie

Quote from: Supermark101 on March 11, 2018, 02:46:04 pm
Another way to look at it.

Tier one record
6-9 vs 9-5
SOS
34 vs 24

Only reason they're so far behind us in rpi is they played more tier 2 team and lost, while we played more tier 3 teams and won. We'll see what the committee thinks os most important.

True, but I would say this ... to me, it is pointless to split out certain factors and compare them.  The overall RPI ranking takes all of that into consideration and it says Arkansas is way ahead of Florida.

hawginbigd1

Please put us in Dallas opposite UNC! I think we can combat Michigans inside game, and then 5 days to rest for UNC could lead to a shot at Elite 8!

Hog Pharm

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 03:20:36 pm
True, but I would say this ... to me, it is pointless to split out certain factors and compare them.  The overall RPI ranking takes all of that into consideration and it says Arkansas is way ahead of Florida.

RPI is one metric used out of many. There's a reason they don't seed the tourney strictly based on RPI.

Randohoggie

Quote from: Hog Pharm on March 11, 2018, 03:38:01 pm
RPI is one metric used out of many. There's a reason they don't seed the tourney strictly based on RPI.

I know that, but when you start splitting out factors such as SoS ... I don't think they consider that separate from RPI, because it is already factored in.

Supermark101

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 03:20:36 pm

Rpi is incredibly flawed. It doesn't show the whole picture at all. Its importance is at an all time low. The committee uses many factors for a reaxon.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/mens-basketball-selections-101-selections