Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017-18 Razorback Bracketology Tracker

Started by jbcarol, April 27, 2017, 11:50:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorhead94

Quote from: GuvHog on March 04, 2018, 09:33:09 am
Chances are if the Hogs are an NCAA 7 seed going into the SEC Tournament, that's not likely to change even if they lose their first game (which I don't see happening). What happened last year was a good example. The Hogs went all the way to the SEC Tournament final and had more wins than they'll have this year, yet they were still an 8/9 seed when the NCAA seeds were announced. That's because their seed was locked in before they played their first SEC Tournament game.

And you said they would drop to 8/9 if they lost to Missouri.  According to most, we stayed put at 7 like I said.  The loss at Missouri did not hurt as badly as portrayed.  Missouri was a top RPI 50 team on the road.  That's how the RPI system works this time of year.  There is really not a lot of movement unless a team picks up a major win or a team suffers a really bad loss.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

99toLife

Quote from: razorhead94 on March 05, 2018, 10:54:51 am
And you said they would drop to 8/9 after the Missouri loss.  According to most, we stayed put at 7 like I said.  The loss at Missouri did not hurt as badly as portrayed.  That's how the RPI system works this time of year.

Exactly, They figured that was a loss for the Hogs, and they lost. The NCAAT is not based on standings, it's what they think they will finish at, especially at the end of the Season.

There were 7 SEC games on Saturday,  Only 1 Road team won and that was Vandy over Ole Miss. The two teams that were tied at the bottom of the SEC.

Hogs were expected to lose.

rhames

And you said they would drop to 8/9 if they lost to Missouri.  According to most, we stayed put at 7 like I said.  The loss at Missouri did not hurt as badly as portrayed.  Missouri was a top RPI 50 team on the road.  That's how the RPI system works this time of year.  There is really not a lot of movement unless a team picks up a major win or a team suffers a really bad loss.

Guv is just spouting what he reads on here. He has no clue what he is talking about
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

razorback1829

Quote from: GuvHog on March 04, 2018, 09:33:09 am
Chances are if the Hogs are an NCAA 7 seed going into the SEC Tournament, that's not likely to change even if they lose their first game (which I don't see happening). What happened last year was a good example. The Hogs went all the way to the SEC Tournament final and had more wins than they'll have this year, yet they were still an 8/9 seed when the NCAA seeds were announced. That's because their seed was locked in before they played their first SEC Tournament game.

SEC wasn't as balanced last year, plus the new criteria of Quadrants makes this year a different one. We are not that far from Florida on the seed line. We take care of business in the first round, then beat Florida, we'll be in strong conversation for a 6.

GuvHog

I still think it's a very good possibility that they will drop to an 8 seed.

For the record, the NCAA Tournament Committee is not using the RPI this year.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogs49ers

I think that since we will probably be very close to Florida in the seedings going into the SEC tourney (with them as a 6 seed and us as a 7 seed) we would have a really good opportunity of just swapping spots with Florida if we beat them, likely making us the 6 seed and Florida the 7 seed.

Last year, even though we made it to the finals, we didn't beat anyone that was a higher seed than us since Vandy upset Florida, so we cannot really compare last years tourney as much.
SCREW Vandy!

hawg66

Quote from: GuvHog on March 05, 2018, 11:31:12 am

For the record that is incorrect

razorhead94

LOL, yes they are using the RPI this year.  They are looking to replace the RPI at some point down the road with different metrics but that is certainly not the case now.

Adam Stokes

They are using RPI, they are just using other metrics as well such as BPI. I listened to an interview with the AD of BYU who was on the tournament committee for a couple years and they brought up the changes. He said something along the lines of "It's not like RPI was the only metric we all used. We've been using many metrics for a while now." That was news to me.

BroyledNutts

Quote from: jbcarol on March 05, 2018, 05:49:33 am
Shelby Mast
‏Verified account @BracketWAG
8m8 minutes ago

Today's bracket posted - minor shake-up near the top. check it - http://bracketwag.com

I like that bracket ... no North Carolina anywhere.

hawg66

They are using strictly the RPI when determining Q1 wins. So while they are utilizing other metrics the RPI is still the most important.

Dr. Starcs

Bracketmatrix still has us as a 7.

That's out of 110 brackets. We range anywhere from a 5-10 right now. So 7-8 is probably about right.

Dr. Starcs

March 05, 2018, 05:10:36 pm #462 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 05:57:41 pm by Dr. Starcs
Nm

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
4m4 minutes ago

That was a tough loss for @saintmaryshoops to BYU last night and are in real danger of missing the tournament. I explain why - bracket posted - http://bracketwag.com

razorhead94

Quote from: hawg66 on March 05, 2018, 02:19:11 pm
They are using strictly the RPI when determining Q1 wins. So while they are utilizing other metrics the RPI is still the most important.

Correct.  This is from ESPN's basketball insider writer.

"The selection committee hasn't abandoned the RPI. In some ways, the RPI matters more than ever. This season, a top-30 win at home, a top-50 win at a neutral site and a top-75 victory on the road all count as Quadrant I wins. In past years, the committee put all top-50 wins, regardless of location, in that category."

GuvHog

Quote from: jbcarol on March 06, 2018, 06:04:47 am
Shelby Mast
4m4 minutes ago

That was a tough loss for @saintmaryshoops to BYU last night and are in real danger of missing the tournament. I explain why - bracket posted - http://bracketwag.com

I could be wrong but I just don't see the NCAA Tournament Committee putting 4 SEC teams in one region.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: jbcarol on March 06, 2018, 06:04:47 am
Shelby Mast
4m4 minutes ago

I would love this.

hogsanity

Quote from: GuvHog on March 06, 2018, 08:58:16 am
I could be wrong but I just don't see the NCAA Tournament Committee putting 4 SEC teams in one region.

They could play in the same pod on the 1st weekend, but be in different regions. There may not be 4 in the SE region, but they could put several in one pod since they do that geographically.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

widespreadsooie

Quote from: jbcarol on March 06, 2018, 05:31:23 am
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology  Updated Mar 06, 6:10am

This region is about as ideal as it gets. I think Purdue at a 2 and TT at 3 are both overrated. In the top half you have Xavier, Gonzaga, and Wichita as your top seeds. All being former mid majors before conference realignment.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
12h12 hours ago

5 more bids earned last night, plus my rant against the @NCAA continues - bracket posted - http://bracketwag.com

jbcarol

jbcarol

Bracketville
‏ @BracketguyDave

This morning's Bracket http://ow.ly/RcKm30iNV4Z  and Seed List http://ow.ly/s4DS30iNV6r  have been updated this morning at Bracketville.

S-Curve:

20. Florida
21. Kentucky    
22. Arkansas

jbcarol

widespreadsooie

There could not be a more perfect region for a Cinderalla run ^^^^

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
11m11 minutes ago

Another ticket punched, bubblicious day today - bracket posted - http://bracketwag.com

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
1m1 minute ago

Bracket posted, big day today, things are as clear as mud. http://bracketwag.com

Multi bid conferences - ACC (Eight), SEC (Eight), ...

jst01

Snout team

From everything I am seeing this morning most still have us as an 8 seed.  We would have to win the tournament to get a 6  it appears.
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: #hammerdown on March 09, 2018, 08:24:05 am
From everything I am seeing this morning most still have us as an 8 seed.  We would have to win the tournament to get a 6  it appears.
who has us as an 8? Hardly anybody
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Triple T

We are a consensus 7 seed (or higher) by all of the major bracketology folks. Unless the committee royally screws us, there isn't any way we get an 8 seed since we won a game in the tournament.

BannerMountainMan

Palm has us as a 6 seed and his brackets are usually the most accurate
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

rhames

Uhhh where you looking? Lol.

Most have us split between a 7 and 6.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Boardon Hamsay

So the average between a bunch of 6 and 7 slots somehow equals 8?
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HawgTrough

WPS

Hog Pharm

Quote from: rhames on March 09, 2018, 08:33:06 am

Uhhh where you looking? Lol.

Most have us split between a 7 and 6.

Huh? I thought most have us as a 1 seed.

Gonzo

Quote from: GuvHog on March 06, 2018, 08:58:16 am

I think he has SEC with 3 in the South, the rest 2 -2 - 1 across the bracket.

Go Hogs!

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

BannerMountainMan

hogsanity

Quote from: Gonzo on March 09, 2018, 11:02:12 am
I think he has SEC with 3 in the South, the rest 2 -2 - 1 across the bracket.

Go Hogs!

I could be wrong but I thought they had to distribute conf teams equally? I know they have rules about setting it up so they avoid each other until at least the sweet 16 if possible.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol