Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017-18 Razorback Bracketology Tracker

Started by jbcarol, April 27, 2017, 11:50:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rhames

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on February 28, 2018, 06:36:37 am
I'm not looking forward to playing WV second round if this stays like this.

If the hogs win their first game, we could most likely say that about any second round foe

One things for sure Ark Vs WV would be a fun game.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

GuvHog

February 28, 2018, 07:34:50 am #401 Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:47:04 am by GuvHog
Quote from: rhames on February 28, 2018, 07:31:20 am

If the hogs win their first game, we could most likely say that about any second round foe

One things for sure Ark Vs WV would be a fun game.

No doubt about it, I'd take a game against a 3 seed in a venue fairly close to Arkansas anytime.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

razobak

Quote from: masondh on February 27, 2018, 10:06:57 am
First tiebreaker is record among all tied teams (essentially head to head). We're in 6th right now. Quick google: http://www.secsports.com/article/11098238/tournament-tiebreakers

This. Thankfully we are no longer in this scenario, but in a multi-team tie, the first tiebreaker is record in games played against the other tied teams. So if we were in a 4-way tie and were 0-3 against the other three teams head-to-head then we would be last of the four tied teams.

But like I said, with MS State's loss to Tennessee and our win over Auburn, we earn a top-4 seed (and a double bye) in the SEC tournament if we win against Mizzou. Kentucky and Florida play each other, so with a win against Mizzou we will finish ahead of the loser of that game.
Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

GuvHog

Quote from: razobak on February 28, 2018, 08:45:04 am
This. Thankfully we are no longer in this scenario, but in a multi-team tie, the first tiebreaker is record in games played against the other tied teams. So if we were in a 4-way tie and were 0-3 against the other three teams head-to-head then we would be last of the four tied teams.

But like I said, with MS State's loss to Tennessee and our win over Auburn, we earn a top-4 seed (and a double bye) in the SEC tournament if we win against Mizzou. Kentucky and Florida play each other, so with a win against Mizzou we will finish ahead of the loser of that game.

If the Hogs beat Missouri, the loser of the UK-Florida game will likely be the Hogs first opponent in St. Louis.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: GuvHog on February 28, 2018, 08:50:28 am
If the Hogs beat Missouri, the loser of the UK-Florida game will likely be the Hogs first opponent in St. Louis.
so we need ole miss to beat Kentucky tonight which won't happen then need Kentucky to beat Florida Saturday and we get the 3 hahaha
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

BannerMountainMan

Lunardi has us as a 7 in his latest bracketology
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

GuvHog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 28, 2018, 08:52:02 am
so we need ole miss to beat Kentucky tonight which won't happen then need Kentucky to beat Florida Saturday and we get the 3 hahaha

No chance of Ole Miss beating UK. UK will blow the Rebels doors off.

jbcarol

Scott Gleeson
‏Verified account @ScottMGleeson
10h10 hours ago

.@USATODAYSports' NCAA tournament bracketology: Florida vaults to No. 5 seed, Miami to No. 6 after huge wins https://usat.ly/2nTpuku  via @BracketWAG

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hogs49ers

I want this above bracket sooooo bad!  Could def see us getting by Wichita State and then potentially Purdue as well!  Please please please, 1 time!
SCREW Vandy!

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Hogs49ers on February 28, 2018, 06:23:54 pm
I want this above bracket sooooo bad!  Could def see us getting by Wichita State and then potentially Purdue as well!  Please please please, 1 time!

Oh please let this happen!
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Dr. Starcs

Bracketmatrix has us as the highest 7 seed.

That's a really cool site.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
‏Verified account @BracketWAG
36m36 minutes ago

very minor movement today, bracket posted, http://bracketwag.com

jbcarol

Busta_Nutt

Cotton

Quote from: jbcarol on March 01, 2018, 06:40:20 am
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology Updated Mar 01, 6:38am
I would absolutely love this...

Beat USC, WVU and Bobby H, and Dookie... dream come true.

"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

GuvHog

Quote from: Cotton on March 01, 2018, 11:05:58 am
I would absolutely love this...

Beat USC, WVU and Bobby H, and Dookie... dream come true.

I like Shelby Mast's bracket better.

A second round match up with Wichita State followed by a possible Sweet 16 match up against Purdue.

Pigasaurus

If (when) we draw NC again I'll have a fecal hemorrhage.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Hog_Fink

wondering how it will play out with Dallas. would love to have that 6th seed, but they may try and put 3 seed from the SEC in there

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: galactivation on March 01, 2018, 05:22:38 pm
wondering how it will play out with Dallas. would love to have that 6th seed, but they may try and put 3 seed from the SEC in there

I would love to be put in Dallas. Arkansas fans own dallas.

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

CFB_Fanatic

Quote from: jbcarol on March 01, 2018, 06:40:20 am
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology Updated Mar 01, 6:38am

If this comes true, the committee would basically be taking a giant dump on Villanova as the Overall 1 seed. That region is absolutely stacked with under rated teams all the way through.

Meanwhile, the West is an absolute joke, and I could easily see Kansas and Tennessee making it all the way to the Elite 8 fairly easily, with only Purdue having a chance to beat either one

jbcarol

Pigasaurus

"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Kevin

If they can they will put us in Charlotte with a chance to play Duke.  Then , the network wil have a story to tell about the game.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
21m21 minutes ago

What does that heartbreaking loss do for Louisville in today's bracket - not much, but mentally, who knows yet. Bracket posted - http://bracketwag.com

jbcarol

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
41m41 minutes ago

Today's bracket posted, 2 new teams enter, the MAAC is a mess, and I fear Nebraska is NIT bound. http://bracketwag.com

Eight Teams: ACC, Big 12, SEC

jbcarol

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: jbcarol on March 03, 2018, 06:56:16 am
Shelby Mast
41m41 minutes ago

Today's bracket posted, 2 new teams enter, the MAAC is a mess, and I fear Nebraska is NIT bound. http://bracketwag.com

Eight Teams: ACC, Big 12, SEC

I'll take Dallas.

jbcarol

Bracketville
‏ @BracketguyDave

Updated Seed List heading into action today ...

9. Auburn   
10. Tennessee
20. Kentucky
21. Arkansas   
23. Florida
27. Texas AM
31. Missouri
43. Alabama

73. Mississippi St
79. Georgia   
80. LSU

Dr. Starcs

Even after the loss, Bracketmatrix still has us as the highest ranked 7 seed

jbcarol

TNhawgfan

Playing in Dallas would be awesome. We have lots of hogs in Dallas
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

GuvHog

Quote from: jbcarol on March 04, 2018, 07:10:07 am
https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology  Updated Mar 04, 7:30am

I'd be really excited if the Hogs end up as a 6 seed in Dallas, that would be great.

gmarv54

Quote from: GuvHog on March 04, 2018, 07:37:17 am
I'd be really excited if the Hogs end up as a 6 seed in Dallas, that would be great.
Yes it would.

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
8m8 minutes ago

Well, it's done, today's bracket is a bit of a mess, which should be no surprise to anyone after yesterday's results. Check it - http://bracketwag.com  - I can feel the hate already, ha.

Tony Perkis

Here's where I think we sit:

- Currently a 7.
- A 2nd round (our first game) win against SC or Ole Miss does not move us up to a 6 seed. A loss could move us back to an 8.
- 2 SEC Tournament wins (would include Florida) moves us up to a 6 seed.
- Winning the SEC Tournament would probably get us to a 5.

I believe we will end up at 7.

GuvHog

Quote from: Tony Perkis on March 04, 2018, 09:17:22 am
Here's where I think we sit:

- Currently a 7.
- A 2nd round (our first game) win against SC or Ole Miss does not move us up to a 6 seed. A loss could move us back to an 8.
- 2 SEC Tournament wins (would include Florida) moves us up to a 6 seed.
- Winning the SEC Tournament would probably get us to a 5.

I believe we will end up at 7.

They normally have most of the NCAA Tournament seeds set before the SEC Tournament starts.

razorback1829

Quote from: GuvHog on March 04, 2018, 09:23:25 am
They normally have most of the NCAA Tournament seeds set before the SEC Tournament starts.

About half true, bc they have different brackets for different outcomes.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: GuvHog on March 04, 2018, 09:23:25 am
Yep. That's why I only have us changing where I believe our current seed is if something drastic happens.

GuvHog

March 04, 2018, 09:33:09 am #441 Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 07:14:28 am by GuvHog
Quote from: razorback1829 on March 04, 2018, 09:25:11 am
About half true, bc they have different brackets for different outcomes.

Chances are if the Hogs are an NCAA 7 seed going into the SEC Tournament, that's not likely to change even if they lose their first game (which I don't see happening). What happened last year was a good example. The Hogs went all the way to the SEC Tournament final and had more wins than they'll have this year, yet they were still an 8/9 seed when the NCAA seeds were announced. That's because their seed was locked in before they played their first SEC Tournament game.

AlmaHog2011

I want to win two. I want a win over Florida more than anything.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on March 04, 2018, 09:36:21 am
I want to win two. I want a win over Florida more than anything.

That would likely make us a 6 seed and possibly in Dallas with WSU or TT...

jbcarol

Quadrant 1 Win Totals (as of games played 3/3/18)

Quadrant 1: Games at home vs teams ranked 1-30 in the RPI, Neutral vs 1-50, Road vs 1-75.  Wins are very good. Losses are "quality".

KU      10-3, 24-7
Virginia 9-1, 28-2
XU        6-3, 27-4
Nova     8-3, 27-4

Duke    6-4, 25-6
Purdue 6-3, 28-5
UC       4-4, 27-4
MichSt  3-4, 29-4

Vols     6-3, 23-7
TTech   6-6, 23-8
Aubbie 7-6, 25-6
UNC   10-7, 22-9

WichSt   4-2, 24-6
Clemson 4-8, 22-8
WVU      7-7, 22-9
Zona      3-3, 22-7

Mich     6-5, 22-7
Zags     4-2, 28-4
OhioSt  3-6, 24-8
UK       3-9, 21-10

Miami (F) 5-5, 22-8
Arkansas  5-8, 21-10
Houston   5-2, 23-6
TCU         3-8, 21-10

UF        10-4, 20-11
SetHall   4-7, 21-10
Nevada   2-2, 26-6
URI         2-4, 23-6

Mizzou  6-7, 20-11
A&M     5-7, 20-11
Creigh. 3-8, 21-10
VaTech  5-7, 21-10

NCSt     5-6, 21-10
FSU      6-6, 20-10
ASU      3-4, 20-10
StMary  1-1, 28-4

KState  3-7, 21-10
MTSU   3-3, 24-6
St. Bon 3-2, 24-6
OU       6-8, 18-12

Butler   3-10, 19-12
Prov       3-8, 19-12
Syracuse 3-7, 19-12
Tejas      5-9, 18-13
UCLA    3-6, 20-10

SoCal    4-5, 21-10
Marq     4-7, 18-12
------------------------

UofL    3-10, 19-12
Utes     3-5, 19-10
Boise    2-2, 23-7
Wash    3-5, 20-11

MSSt    3-7, 20-10
LSU      6-6, 17-13
Bama    5-6, 17-14
UG       4-10, 16-14
SoCar  3-10, 15-15

Baylor  4-10, 17-13
T. Owls  3-6, 16-13
Oregon  3-5, 20-11
PennSt   3-8, 21-12

Note: There are some other projected automatic qualifiers with a Quad 1 win

TNhawgfan

Houston at 5-2. I wouldn't have thought that after our game with them, even though it was a beat down
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
8m8 minutes ago

Today's bracket posted - minor shake-up near the top. check it - http://bracketwag.com

Hog Pharm

Quote from: GuvHog on March 04, 2018, 09:33:09 am
Chances are if the Hogs are an NCAA 7 seed going into the SEC Tournament, that's not likely to change even if they lose their first game (which I don't see happening). What happened last year was a good example. The Hogs went all the way to the SEC Tournament final and had more wins than they'll have this year, yet they were still an 8/9 seed when the NCAA seeds were announced. That's because their seed was locked in before they played their first SEC Tournament game.

This year is a little different because the league is stronger. After the first round every other win would likely be a quadrant 1 win.

rhames

Quote from: Hog Pharm on March 05, 2018, 10:03:17 am
This year is a little different because the league is stronger. After the first round every other win would likely be a quadrant 1 win.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Guv is right for once. Outside of maybe winning the tournament I'm not sure anyone outside of a bubble team will chance much for the ncaa.

Although I have no doubts these thoughts are not his own.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.