Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mizzou dismisses Maty Mauk

Started by tigerinhogtown, September 29, 2015, 10:26:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerinhogtown

Violation of team rules, it is NOT legal issues. His Dad had cancer surgery yesterday in Springfield.

sickboy

Hope his dad pulls through and wish the kid the best. My mother went though lung cancer while I was in college. It ain't a walk in the park for a kid that's 18-22. 

Hawghiggs

September 29, 2015, 10:31:50 pm #2 Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 06:08:30 am by Hawghiggs
 I hate it for him. I lost my own father to cancer back in 98. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hope his father makes a full recovery.

Inhogswetrust

Sincere good luck to him and his family.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Cinco de Hogo

Wow! How do you violate team rules on the day your father has surgery for cancer? 

Best part of wishes to Maty and his family.

jacobp

Not sure, but I hope his father makes a full recovery.

Mizzou fans are beyond pumped about the new QB though. A lot of them swear up and down this kid, a true freshman, should have been starting a long.

Almost sounds familiar

Biggus Piggus

Imagine recruiting a quarterback you were certain should be starting as a freshman.
[CENSORED]!

staffhog

this entire situation, with all that isgoingon with his Dad, kinda makes me agitated.  May things settle downup there.

Arkansas Fan

Hogarusa

What does his dad having cancer have to do with his suspension? 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Augustus

Quote from: Hogarusa on September 30, 2015, 12:30:05 am
What does his dad having cancer have to do with his suspension?

Kind of what I was wondering... I mean, unless he just bailed campus without telling anyone, and missed team meetings/workouts?   Which I wouldn't think would be the case?

"My dad is having surgery because of cancer, and I need to be there" would be something I would think he would tell directly to Gary Pinkel?

medloh

His roomate, a backup OL, was also suspended.  I'm guessing they did some mary jane or got caught with some booze or some stupid s**t. 

Pure speculation on my part, no idea what it really is.
"We wish the B12 the best, and all that"

Shrevepork

Quote from: jacobp on September 29, 2015, 10:58:49 pm
Not sure, but I hope his father makes a full recovery.

Mizzou fans are beyond pumped about the new QB though. A lot of them swear up and down this kid, a true freshman, should have been starting a long.

Almost sounds familiar

Almost?

Hoggish1

Quote from: medloh on September 30, 2015, 01:01:53 am
His roomate, a backup OL, was also suspended.  I'm guessing they did some mary jane or got caught with some booze or some stupid s**t. 

LOL Speculation? Why?

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Etowah

The freshman is better than Mauk.  He was going to be the starter next year anyway...they are just getting a jump on next year.  Mauk probably will never start again unless there is an injury.

I watched this kid in high school.  D1 level basketball player, about 6'5"..strong arm. In all the camps he and the true freshman from UCLA were always considered the top two.

But..he is a true freshman.  This is a game we can count as a win this year.  Next year...not so much.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Did pinkel get suspended when he got his dwi?

mizzouman

Let's just leave it like this.

Mauk is going through some family issues.  His dad just had surgery for cancer.  His dad was also his high school coach and mentor.  So, it's hard on him. 

Whatever he did to get suspended, I will not speculate.  I wish he will take the time he needs to regroup and hopefully everything will be fine.

Drew Lock will step up and play.  He is a true freshman who will make true freshman mistakes.  But, the kid is legit.  He, however, is working with some very inexperienced WR and basically no RB due to injuries.  If he can perform under these circumstances then he's going to be a stud of a QB.

hogsanity

Quote from: mizzouman on September 30, 2015, 08:21:03 am
Let's just leave it like this.

Mauk is going through some family issues.  His dad just had surgery for cancer.  His dad was also his high school coach and mentor.  So, it's hard on him. 

Whatever he did to get suspended, I will not speculate.  I wish he will take the time he needs to regroup and hopefully everything will be fine.

Drew Lock will step up and play.  He is a true freshman who will make true freshman mistakes.  But, the kid is legit.  He, however, is working with some very inexperienced WR and basically no RB due to injuries.  If he can perform under these circumstances then he's going to be a stud of a QB.

Can the Tigers offense look much worse than it did against Uconn and Ky?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

ke2743

So how much of a factor is it going to be?  I still think Mizzou can pull through for the win.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: Etowah on September 30, 2015, 07:46:11 am
The freshman is better than Mauk.  He was going to be the starter next year anyway...they are just getting a jump on next year.  Mauk probably will never start again unless there is an injury.

I watched this kid in high school.  D1 level basketball player, about 6'5"..strong arm. In all the camps he and the true freshman from UCLA were always considered the top two.

But..he is a true freshman.  This is a game we can count as a win this year.  Next year...not so much.

we cannot count any remaining games as a win this year
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

dhizzle

The gamecocks might be getting a QB out of the stands this week so you guys should be fine.

DeltaBoy

Prayers sent for his dad and best of luck to him.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GolfnHog

Quote from: dhizzle on September 30, 2015, 08:52:50 am
The gamecocks might be getting a QB out of the stands this week so you guys should be fine.

Naw, the HBC is gonna suit up and pull one more game out of himself and right the USC-E ship.

On a more serious note, I hope the best for the Mauk family during Mr. Mauk's battle and pray they win this thing.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

tigerinhogtown

Quote from: Mao Tse-tusk on September 30, 2015, 08:00:06 am
Did pinkel get suspended when he got his dwi?

yes, in a manner of speaking, he sat out a game and donated that portion of his salary

mizzouman

Quote from: hogsanity on September 30, 2015, 08:26:31 am
Can the Tigers offense look much worse than it did against Uconn and Ky?
Pretty pitiful if you ask me.

Justintime75

Quote from: medloh on September 30, 2015, 01:01:53 am

Potentially more serious than that. From everything I read, he won't be starting again and may not even be on the team after this week.

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison 2h2 hours ago

Online: Maty Mauk's suspension to continue through Florida game Saturday- http://bit.ly/1hlxmpq .
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison  11m11 minutes ago
Pinkel on Mauk's suspension: "I said that when he's back on the depth chart, that's when he'll be" back.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

David Morrison
‏@DavidCMorrison

Maty Mauk not on the depth for the UGA game, still on the roster.

PorkRinds

pigture perfect

I don't know what was said in it, but it may be about the tweet he made about his replacement.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JHicks3636

Ex-Trumpet

Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PigTales

Ok I'll try this again without the free link to KY-3 News out of Springfield ,Mo not sure why original post was deleted. But it appears Matty Maulk will be reinstated to the Mizzou football team. I be
I think this will help their offensive woes tremendously. What does everyone else think

Arkansas Fan

It means the Mizzsucks game just got a bit tougher.

Funny how he's reinstated after they lose to Vanderbilt.

hogsfan31

Losing to Vandy calls for desperate measures.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: PigTales on October 27, 2015, 06:21:40 pm
Ok I'll try this again without the free link to KY-3 News out of Springfield ,Mo not sure why original post was deleted. But it appears Matty Maulk will be reinstated to the Mizzou football team. I be
I think this will help their offensive woes tremendously. What does everyone else think
I guess all of the cocaine is out of his system now and the girl decided to stay quiet too? I'm pretty shocked that he's back. Mizzou boards have been saying "he gone" for awhile.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HOGGISHABOUTAR

Desperate move by a desperate program

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 27, 2015, 06:23:46 pm
I guess all of the cocaine is out of his system now and the girl decided to stay quiet too? I'm pretty shocked that he's back. Mizzou boards have been saying "he gone" for awhile.

I never heard the rumors surrounding his suspension and a google search has yielded me nothing.  What's the deal?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 27, 2015, 06:39:31 pm
I never heard the rumors surrounding his suspension and a google search has yielded me nothing.  What's the deal?
supposedly coke possession and some date rape incident plus he's a locker room cancer, none of which has been proven or anything like that but those are the 3 main rumors.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1MSIM_enUS626US626&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=maty%20mauk%20cocaine
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PorkRinds

Ex-Trumpet

Well by all means, if that's all it is then reinstate him!!

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison  9h9 hours ago
We've updated our Maty Mauk story with some info from emails the day of the suspension- http://bit.ly/1WfQWXx .

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on October 27, 2015, 06:23:06 pm

It means the Mizzsucks game just got a bit tougher.

Funny how he's reinstated after they lose to Vanderbilt.

Yeah, what a coincidence. Guess whatever he did to get suspended.....didn't seem so bad after they lost to Vanderbilt. 
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

razorbacker3

It was set to be a 4 game suspension. Had nothing to do with the Vanderbilt loss so they say.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: razorbacker3 on October 28, 2015, 03:41:05 pm
It was set to be a 4 game suspension. Had nothing to do with the Vanderbilt loss so they say.

That's news to me...all I ever heard was an "indefinite suspension."

jbcarol

David Morrison ‏@DavidCMorrison 19h19 hours ago

Quick story up from Ol' Lightning Fingers Morrison: Pinkel confirms Mauk's return, but not much else- http://bit.ly/1LYGZU8 .