Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FOI: Ole Miss finds no recruiting violations after Freeze put out appeal for e-mails

Started by jbcarol, July 02, 2013, 11:05:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

QuoteThe university noted that disclosing certain emails could have a "chilling effect on future sources of information, thus frustrating our compliance and enforcement efforts."

Categories of legal reasons mostly involving privacy were offered for why the University chose not to provide the e-mails.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Pig in the Pokey

so, without showing any of them to the public, they expect us to take their summary report seriously?/  Yeah, right, and they really threw Osama Bin Laden in the ocean, too. lol
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Vantage 8 dude

Harley_Hawg

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 02, 2013, 11:42:41 am
From the same folks who brought you the hard hitting, rough and tough sanctions against Oregon after much investigation we now present........
The Ole Miss Compliance Dept. investigated Oregon ?

HawgFan70

i would be willing to bet 70 of the 85 emails came from members of this board.
being smited is a sign of having a backbone and not joining in with lil smiter gangs, fire away kids

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ironman44 on July 02, 2013, 11:47:59 am
The Ole Miss Compliance Dept. investigated Oregon ?
Wait a second! You mean you didn't already know that? Where have you been?

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: HawgFan70 on July 02, 2013, 12:13:26 pm
Couldn't be. Everyone from everywhere knows we mind our own business. LOL

jbcarol

It was just luck.

I just happened to be drawn to his twitter feed that Sunday morning when he dropped the bomb on the fakeHugeBreeze.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on July 02, 2013, 11:05:52 am
Ole Miss didn't find any evidence of NCAA violations in the 85 emails sent to the school's compliance department this year after football coach Hugh Freeze encouraged critics to send in their proof of any wrongdoing.

Freeze, sick of hearing critics saying the school was improperly recruiting this past cycle, tweeted in February, "If you have facts about a violation, email compliance@olemiss.edu. If not, please don't slander the young men." He would later delete the tweet, but not before generating press for his strong defense of the program's integrity.

The compliance department received 85 emails after Freeze's tweet, but the school announced Monday, following The Clarion-Ledger's public records request, that none were substantiated.

"In the interest of transparency, we can disclose that we have reviewed and considered each of the emails," Ole Miss general counsel Lee Tyner wrote in a letter to The Clarion-Ledger. "Many of those emails repeat similar, unsubstantiated rumors. None of the emails provide first-hand information and none have led to any findings of violations."

Ole Miss chose not to release 31 of the e-mails in response to the FOI request.

Summary of some of the details are available in the link.

Gee...what a shock?  Ole Miss finds no violations at Ole Miss? 

This was pretty easy.  Got 85 e-mails.  Took the 54 that were obviously bogus...went thru the motions of reviewing, checking, etc... & dismissed these.  The 31 that could have been a real problem.....were promptly deleted.  Presto, no violations found!
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Are You kidding..? All but probably 3 came from Starkville...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Carvell_AJC/status/756528165833637891

QuoteOle Miss athletic department self-reported 13 violations from Jan. 1 to May 31 of this year, with many stemming from common cell phone problems such as pocket dialing and dropped calls.

Ole Miss is currently under investigation by the NCAA for more serious violations related to the football program.