Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annual Richt of Passage: UGa opens with suspended players

Started by 3BoarsDown, March 28, 2012, 09:15:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3BoarsDown

mizzouman

medloh

I assume with GA's great recruiting classes year after year they would have some depth at those positions.  But this is good news for Mizzou.  Don't mean to be greedy but how about a few more!!
"We wish the B12 the best, and all that"

Fan1958

Quote from: medloh on March 29, 2012, 04:20:37 am
I assume with GA's great recruiting classes year after year they would have some depth at those positions.  But this is good news for Mizzou.  Don't mean to be greedy but how about a few more!!

Wow, scared of the competition already.  Remember, the Hogs wanted the cheats and scum from tOSU to play and coach in the Sugar Bowl otherwise any victory would have essentially been followed by an asterisk listing the cheats and scum who didn't play and coach.

They will need to suspend much more than those two for the northern Tiggers to have much chance against the 'Dogs.

BTW, how'd you like that thumping those UCA Bears laid on your baseball team yesterday?  Not taking anything away from the Bears but better tighten up your shoelaces and get ready for big boy baseball.

And I just noticed the average attendance for the two games was 377.  Boy, Mizzou is bringing lots to the SEC table.
Conservatives have always proudly proclaimed themselves to be conservative.  Liberals are now "Progressives"?  Must be terrible to have to hide what you really are.

I like smites.  That's how I know I'm really pissing off the "Progressives".

jbcarol

Report: All-American safety Bacarri Rambo and starting inside linebacker Alec Ogletree have been suspended "two to four games" for an unspecified violation of team rules.

Georgia Athletic Director Greg McGarity refused to confirm or deny the report.

QuoteIf true, that will make four defensive starters who are suspended for early-season games for the Bulldogs. Starting cornerback Sanders Commings already has been suspended for first two games after his conviction for simple battery and disorderly conduct. The other starting corner, senior Branden Smith, is facing a suspension of at least one game for his recent arrest for marijuana possession.

Three other players — including two more defensive backs — were dismissed from the team in January for stealing from a teammate.

It would be the second suspension of Rambo's career. The 6-foot, 218-pound safety sat out the season opener against Boise State this past year for an unspecified violation of team rules. Rambo was voted an All-American after starting 13 games and leading the SEC with 8 interceptions.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Aston Martin 8 dude

jbcarol

Each summer, it seems Georgia coach Mark Richt must calm his fan base about some sort of suspension and how it will affect the Bulldogs early in the season.

A year ago, things were calm, but the scenario returned in May with the one-game punishment for projected starting safety Josh Harvey-Clemons after he was implicated in an incident involving marijuana in a dorm room.

But Richt said Tuesday at the annual Peach State Pigskin Preview that Harvey-Clemons' absence for the season opener at Clemson isn't as huge as people think.

"Even if Josh was starting for us, he's a pretty inexperienced player right now. Really, at the end of spring, he was No. 1, which meant he was No. 1 going into the fall. I think I kind of made that clear that a lot of guys, even though they're No. 1 in the spring, (it) didn't necessarily mean..."

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2013/06/04/2531240/georgia-football-richt-plays-down.html

Last year the concern was whether Richt and Todd Grantham would have a defensive unit to face Mizzou.

UGa opens '13 against Clemson.

Harvey-Clemons was the recruit that Richt visited for Wednesday night services at church and then made a run to the jail, when the kid's grandfather called him into service as part of his bail bonds business.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Click It or No Tickets

QuoteGeorgia freshman John Atkins was arrested Friday for two minor traffic violations. He will not miss playing time as a result.

Atkins, a 6-foot-4, 310-pound defensive tackle from Thomson, was pulled over by UGA Police for not wearing a seatbelt.

jbcarol

Josh Harvey-Clemons is suspended for Georgia's season opener again. And it doesn't stop there this time.

Harvey-Clemons will miss the first three games of the 2014 season as part of a four-game suspension for a violation of the UGA student-athlete drug policy, according to a source, confirming a story first reported by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Thursday.

The first game of the suspension was the Gator Bowl, when Harvey-Clemons was out for what the team called a "violation of team regulations.'

When head coach Mark Richt was asked on Dec. 26 if Harvey-Clemons would be available for the start of next season, he declined comment, saying he only wanted to comment on "the players who are here."

Sophomore cornerback Sheldon Dawson was also suspended for the Gator Bowl, for the same official explanation of a violation of team regulations. Harvey-Clemons was suspended for last year's season opener at Clemson because of a first violation of the student-athlete drug policy. The safety from Valdosta was Georgia's third-leading tackler this year, and had one interception. He was the team's first-team strong safety in the base defense, but played just as often at the star position, a hybrid of safety and outside linebacker.

http://www.macon.com/2014/01/16/2883561/report-harvey-clemons-suspension.html

The former 5-star was available for the Auburn game last season.

On a recruiting trip Richt went to his church on a Wednesday night and then went to the jail as Harvey-Clemons was serving as a bailbondsman for his grandfather.

On National Signing Day, Richt commented to a question from ESPN moments before Harvey-Clemons' NLI had been received via fax, causing a minor violation.

jbcarol

Harvey-Clemons has since been dismissed from the team.

jbcarol

Marc Weiszer ‏@marcweiszer ·1h
AM RT Four Georgia football players arrested on theft by deception charges http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2014-03-17/uga-players-taylor-deloach-lemay-arrested-charged-theft-deception ...

Marc Weiszer ‏@marcweiszer ·37 mins
Mark Richt statement on arrest of four Georgia football players: "I'm aware of the situation and it will be handled in an appropriate way."

jbcarol

SEC_Si

Got news today that Georgia has now dismissed safety Tray Matthews. This make the third secondary player they've lost since the spring season. The other two players, Harvey-Clemons and Shaq Wiggins, both left for Louisville which is where former DC Grantham is now.
It's possible Matthews will either head to Auburn or Louisville. The Georgia defense didn't need to lose anyone else in the secondary. Their spring game exposed a secondary that couldn't defend the deep pass. That said the WR's struggled to break away from the defense on short and intermediate routes.

Either way a loss for Georgia is a bonus for the Hogs this season. WPS!

JansterZ71

Tray Matthews tweeted he will transfer to Auburn or Louisville
I believe that this is a practical world and that I can count only on what I earn. Therefore, I believe in work, hard work.
I believe in education, which gives me the knowledge to work wisely and trains my mind and my hands to work skillfully. I believe in honesty and truthfulness, without which I cannot win the respect and confidence of my fellow men. I believe in a sound mind, in a sound body and a spirit that is not afraid, and in clean sports that develop these qualities. I believe in obedience to law because it protects the rights of all. I believe in the human touch, which cultivates sympathy with my fellow men and mutual helpfulness and brings happiness for all. I believe in my Country, because it is a land of freedom and because it is my own home, and that I can best serve that country by "doing justly, loving mercy, and walking humbly with my God."

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

jbcarol

The rising sophomore safety Tray Matthews dismissed from Georgia football team

"We are trying to make room for guys who want to do things right," Richt said.

TriggaTray28-F$C @Trigga_Tray28
I'm sorry UGA family.I swear to God I love yal.I'm crying right now but I won't forget. Love the dawgs.Auburn or Louisville will be my home
5:25 PM - 3 Jun 2014

QuoteEarlier this offseason, Matthews was one of four Bulldogs arrested on multiple counts of theft by deception.  Each player had been accused of essentially double-dipping: taking their UGA stipend checks, cashing them via a mobile app, then cashing the actual check elsewhere.

All four players — wide receiver Uriah LeMay, defensive lineman John Taylor (no relation) and defensive end James DeLoach being the other three — were or will be potentially facing suspensions to start the season.

hawgwash

Quote from: JansterZ71 on June 03, 2014, 07:29:01 pm
Tray Matthews tweeted he will transfer to Auburn or Louisville
BP and Gus both now in the people heppin' bidness.

regi

This could be when the dam finally breaks for Coach Richt. Big question mark at QB, a 5th year Sr, with little playing experience. The DC is not happy, and very critical of how "fat" and out of shape his players are, and now a 3rd secondary starter off the team, on a defense worse than ours in 2013. Epic collapse is very possible.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

jbcarol

David Ching @ESPNChing  ·  19h

Of the four players involved in Auburn's hail mary TD against UGA last year, three have now been dismissed by Richt at some point.

jbcarol

Garrison Smith was the only senior starter on last year's Georgia defense. He doesn't know Jeremy Pruitt. But he does know the situation Pruitt inherited. So as Smith has watched from afar, with Tray Matthews being the latest talented player to depart, Smith's thoughts can be summed up thusly:

This was needed.

Quote"I heard he ain't taking no crap," Smith said of Pruitt, hired as Georgia's defensive coordinator in January. "So that'll be a good thing for them. Get the defense to step up. Guys aren't gonna be able to get away with stuff no more."

Smith spoke from the Miami Dolphins' practice facility, as the defensive lineman tries to make the team as an undrafted free agent. There were a lot of problems last year on Georgia's defense, which gave up a program record for points, but Smith and the defensive line weren't one of them. In fact most of those issues were concentrated on the secondary.

It may not have been Smith's position group, but as the only senior he tried to take a leadership role on the entire defense. After the season Smith was chosen as the permanent captain for the defense. As Smith saw it, talent wasn't the secondary's problem. It was a sense of entitlement from young players, as well as leadership.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on June 05, 2014, 06:10:02 pm

UGA announced Thursday afternoon that defensive linemen James DeLoach and Jonathan Taylor will not face game suspension as a result of a March arrest of charges of theft by deception.

Well, another shocker.  Football players that evidently were guilty of theft.  Cashing the same checks multiple times....but are not even suspended for a single game.

Rumor has it that their..... "significant internal discipline".... will be .....requiring them to take a banking class next semester....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jbcarol

Too soft? It's hard to make that claim any more given the number of players, most of them starters or key contributors, Richt has dismissed from the Georgia football team for a variety of transgressions. Just last season, Richt experienced the odd, maybe unprecedented, distinction of facing two starting quarterbacks whom he originally signed and later dismissed -- LSU's Zach Mettenberger and Auburn's Nick Marshall, although Marshall was signed by Georgia to play defensive back.

QuoteNow, in the span of two months, Richt has dismissed two of Georgia's best players -- maybe THE two best players -- in the area with the least amount of depth. First to go was strong safety Josh Harvey-Clemons, just before spring practice. Now free safety Tray Matthews is gone, supposedly due to a classroom blow-up with another student. This came just as an issue with Matthews and three other players for fraudulent check cashing was being resolved with community service and fines.

It's clear that Richt is getting fed up with players doing stupid things. Consider his official statement two years ago after Marshall, Chris Sanders and Sanford Seay were kicked off the team for alleged theft of money.

"It's a privilege to play college football and to be a part of this team and University. Along with that privilege comes certain responsibilities. Mistakes were made and part of our job is helping them learn from mistakes."

Contrast that to Richt's official statement after dismissing Matthews:

"We are trying to make room for guys who want to do things right."

"Make room" is an interesting choice of words...

jbcarol

The phone call I received Saturday afternoon wasn't one I was expecting. I'd been trying to reach Tray Matthews to validate and comment on his tweet that he had decided to transfer to Auburn. But it wasn't Matthews on the other end of the line.

It was Kevin Bailey...

QuoteMr. Bailey, as I call him, is the father of Georgia junior defensive lineman Sterling Bailey...

So Mr. Bailey had my number. But I couldn't imagine why he was calling me in the middle of this lovely Saturday afternoon. I soon found out.

He was mad.

Still is, I imagine. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say hopping mad. The latest news of Matthews' transfer coupled with some comments made by Matthews and family members and Auburn fans on social media left Bailey upset and bitter. As he explained to me, "I just need to vent."

"Coach Richt and the coaching staff opened their arms to this kid. They welcomed him into the Bulldog Nation and they stood behind him. For him to come out like that and make it seem like the University of Georgia had done him wrong, that's what makes me so mad. Same with Shaq Wiggins and the other kids who had the opportunity to play at the University of Georgia. They leave and transfer and get dismissed from the team and they blame it on the school system. It's not the system; it's the kids. If you come and do what you're supposed to do and do it right, you wouldn't get in trouble and things like this wouldn't come about."

As it turns out, Mr. Bailey didn't call just to vent about those guys. He also made a confession.

"Sterling, when he first got down there, he did something wrong," he told me...

"Not one time have I heard any of these kids say how they appreciate the University of Georgia and their coaches," Mr. Bailey said. "When they leave the University of Georgia, they go to their arch rival or somewhere else and tear down the university system, like Georgia did something bad to them. It wasn't like Georgia did something bad to them, it was what they did back to the University of Georgia. And that's what hurts me so bad."

Sterling failed a drug/alcohol screening and was disciplined internally. His dad told him to lead, not follow.

jbcarol

Mark Richt @MarkRicht  ·  Jun 18
Our Men of Georgia learning proper dining etiquette. Awesome!

jbcarol

AJC UGA @ajcuga  ·  Jun 20
10 things Tray Matthews can change his UGA tattoo into http://on-ajc.com/1stMu8B

QuoteThe elaborate repurposing: This option will take some serious artistic skill. But with the right set of hands and an open mind, one could create a tiger's profile from the 'G'. OK, so it sounds like a stretch. Hear me out. Throw some ears on it, fangs and enough strips to mask its original form and we're back in business...

jbcarol

AJC UGA @ajcuga  · 

RT @MarkBradleyAJC: UGA vs. Notre Dame – a risk well worth running http://on-ajc.com/1rzmDb0

Will Coach Richt have a full squad available for the games?

jbcarol

Bob Holt @BobHoltADG

Mark Richt on UGA's tough drug policy: "I don't want guys to do drugs."

jbcarol

Police say UGA DL Jonathan Taylor choked, struck girlfriend

QuoteTaylor remained in the Clarke County Jail Tuesday evening after an arrest in the early morning hours on a charge of felony aggravated assault/family violence.

No announcement about Taylor's status on the Bulldogs' team was expected Tuesday, an athletic department spokesman said. Taylor's second arrest this offseason put his future with the program in jeopardy.

Police determined that Taylor was the "primary aggressor" in a domestic violence incident at McWhorter Hall with his girlfriend, according to University of Georgia police chief Jimmy Williamson.

UGA police and emergency medical services personnel were dispatched at 2:47 a.m. to meet a possible victim at Busbee Hall. The call came from a a male friend of the victim. Police met with the victim and her friend at Busbee.

There was evidence that the victim had been "possibly strangled by the offender," in the incident in Taylor's dorm room, Williamson said. The victim and Taylor got into an argument at McWhorter Hall and she told police he "physically assaulted her," according to the police incident report. Officers determined an established relationship with Taylor and the victim, who police said had been living together for several weeks.

The victim is a UGA student not enrolled in summer school.

The police report said the victim had "visible scratches and red marks to her neck and bruises on her arm and leg." The reporting officer wrote he determined that Taylor "had offensively used his hands to choke her and had also struck her several times with a closed fist."

The 6-foot-5, 340-pound Taylor was placed under arrest at 4:45 a.m

Pick on someone your own size.

jbcarol

GoGamecocks.com @gogamecocks  ·  1h

Commentary: Georgia still recruiting too many bad kids http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/07/25/602494/commentary-georgia-still-recruiting.html ...

QuoteJeff Schultz AJC: Let's start by dismissing this notion that college football players get arrested only in Athens. There are bad kids, dumb kids and entitled kids everywhere. There are kids who've broken laws since the age of 12 because they never were forced to realize the consequences of their actions...

Dumb kids are not a Georgia football problem. Dumb kids are everybody's problem. Without much effort, I found over a dozen arrests at major college football programs in just the past two weeks, including a Bowling Green running back for attempted rape, a Baylor lineman for aggravated assault, a Texas A&M running back for shoplifting, a West Virginia running back for intimidating a witness in a murder trial, two Miami linebackers for sexual battery and a Florida State running back for grand theft of a vehicle (OK, a scooter).

Here's Georgia's problem: They still have too many dumb or entitled kids. It doesn't mean they dominate the roster, but it doesn't take many to dominate the headlines. That's a reflection of the program – and, therefore, the coach who runs it, Mark Richt...

HyperDrive

And the beat goes on...

QuoteGeorgia linebacker Davin Bellamy was arrested early Saturday morning on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol and speeding.

It's the seventh time a Georgia football player is known to have been arrested this offseason and comes days after defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor was dismissed from the team after he was charged with felony aggravated assault/family violence.

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-news/2014-07-26/georgia-lb-bellamy-arrested-dui

870hogfan

With all these players getting in trouble saint Gus won't have to recruit high school kids....

jbcarol

What to make of Bulldogs behaving badly

QuoteATHENS -- Georgia begins preseason practice Friday, and it's fairly safe to say that no football program in the nation is more ready to change the conversation.

In the annals of Georgia football, last week will rank as one of the worst.

There was an ugly arrest for a player (Jonathan Taylor) charged with hitting his girlfriend. Taylor was dismissed a day later. There was a DUI for another player (Davin Bellamy). Even when Georgia seemingly didn't do anything wrong -- a highly recruited visitor was charged with stealing from two female Georgia athlete's dorm room -- it was lumped in.

jbcarol

As the season gets closer, so does the realization that Georgia has to field a defense.

But Pruitt remains very cautious about things as preseason is set to begin on Friday. He inherited a unit that struggled last year, and lost four potential starters to dismissal or transfer in the offseason.

Not that Pruitt was sobbing about the departures of Josh Harvey-Clemons, Tray Matthews, Jonathan Taylor and Shaq Wiggins. In fact Pruitt disagreed with the premise of a question about the impact of the losses this offseason.

Quote"To me it's not losses," Pruitt said. "We got the guys we've got and that's what we're gonna go with."

Pressed further, Pruitt made clear he wasn't interested in talking about it: "I'd like to focus on the players who are at Georgia, not the ones who are not here. So that probably answers your question."

Pruitt is largely retaining the 3-4 scheme that Georgia used the past four seasons under Todd Grantham. But ideally Pruitt would like to substitute more and use an array of packages.

He was asked Wednesday how comfortable he is that by the Clemson game on Aug. 31 he will be able to do all that.

"Right now I'm not very comfortable at all," he said...

jbcarol

The March arrest of James DeLoach and three of his Georgia football teammates for twice cashing UGA-issued student stipend checks put the relatively unknown defensive lineman's name out there in a negative light.

QuoteIt brought with it plenty of running before the sun came up as part of internal discipline meted out by coach Mark Richt.

The 80 hours of community service DeLoach says he has now completed were part of the pre-trial intervention program he was accepted into in court.

DeLoach is still on the Bulldogs' team. Unlike the other players arrested along with him.

In fact, he's now running with the first-team so far this preseason.

"It's been a little journey, but I'm just looking forward," DeLoach said Sunday evening when he spoke for the first time since his arrest. "I've put it behind me. I'm going to continue and get better and be a better person and grow with my teammates."

Those teammates no longer include Jonathan Taylor, DeLoach's friend since middle school in Millen that he played high school football with and considers like a brother.

DeLoach was unsure if he would be able to stick around either until he learned he would not be suspended for any games in June.

"I didn't really know what was going to happen," DeLoach said.

Fans will cheer for him just like they do the rest of those in red and black this fall. He still has a chance to make a different impression.

"I want them to know I'm a great person and I'm going to do whatever it takes to bring a national championship to the university," DeLoach said. "I'm going to continue to push my teammate and my defensive line. We're going to keep growing and work hard and do the best we can."

Taylor, also arrested in March on theft by deception charges, was dismissed from the team on July 23 a day after he was arrested for aggravated assault/family violence after an incident with his girlfriend in a UGA dorm room.

jbcarol

Reputations can be rewritten

QuoteDamian Swann has started more games for Georgia — 28 in his career — than all but one player on the Bulldogs' current roster.

That is 12 more than the rest of the entire secondary combined following an offseason of player attrition.

After a subpar 2013 season — for both Swann and the Bulldogs secondary — the senior from Atlanta isn't looking back.

"My mindset is to leave the past in the past," Swann said. "I've got a new coach. I've got new teammates. It's just a new start. I think that's how everybody's going to treat it. We're all here for the same thing. We all want to win. I think with the attitude that the guys have now, I think we're going to do pretty well this year."

Swann was voted second-team preseason All-SEC by the media and is leading the way for a young bunch of defensive backs.

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  4h
Marshall Morgan on what he does for an encore, and improving his kickoffs. http://www.macon.com/2014/08/09/3241779/georgias-other-offensive-star.html?sp=/99/160/166/823/ ...

In 2013 he was suspended for the opener due to a BUI.

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  13h
Georgia's starting secondary on Tuesday: A freshman, a freshman walk-on, and a junior college transfer.
http://www.macon.com/2014/08/19/3258009/georgia-shuffles-secondary-again.html ...

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  11h
Georgia coaches not handing Ramik Wilson his starting job back.
http://www.macon.com/2014/08/22/3263480/georgia-coaches-not-handing-ramik.html ...

QuoteGeorgia inside linebacker Ramik Wilson has made some preseason All-American teams. In order to do that, however, the senior first has to secure a starting spot on his own team.

After missing 10 days with a concussion, the coaches aren't committing to putting Wilson in the starting lineup.

"We'll have to see," inside linebackers coach Mike Ekeler said after Friday's practice. "It's too early to say. We've got a lot of capable guys, a lot of guys that have been practicing the whole time."

A few days ago head coach Mark Richt said Wilson was playing "catch-up" after his time away. Ekeler said Friday that "we've made some moves, and so (Wilson) is trying to battle his way back right now."

Wilson will probably be good to go to War Memorial.

jbcarol

Seth Emerson @SethEmerson  ·  3h

Richt confirms that Malcolm Mitchell and Justin Scott-Wesley are ruled out for the Clemson game. No surprise there, just official now.

jbcarol

Much has been made about what five players might start in Georgia's secondary and, really, at every position on the field.

QuoteGeorgia coach Mark Richt predicted liberal substitutions during Saturday's season opener against Clemson. Some of that has to do with the Bulldogs still figuring out who might play best on game day. But mostly it will have to do with Saturday's weather forecast for hot and humid conditions (93o forecast at kickoff).

"You've got to be thinking in terms of who besides your starters can go in there and function," Richt said. "It's going to be a really hot day and evening. It's going to test both teams, both sides of the ball. It's going to test everybody."

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

That is what I like about Richt he punishes players and still WINS Football games.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

ESPN SEC @ESPN_SEC  ·  14h

Mark Richt working on program perception http://es.pn/1Crb6Be

jbcarol

Georgia coach Mark Richt: Trash-talking letter to a Clemson fan is 'bogus', man

QuoteGeorgia coach Mark Richt hasn't turned into Evil Richt.

On Thursday, Deadspin published a letter that Richt allegedly wrote to a Clemson fan after the Bulldogs' 45-21 blowout of the Tigers at Sanford Stadium on Saturday night.

According to the report, the Clemson fan wrote Richt this summer, telling the UGA coach how, among other things, the Tigers' speed "would blow those hedges away" in the teams' opener.

Deadspin reported that Richt replied to the fan with a letter of his own, in which he allegedly wrote, "There was a reason Georgia was ranked above Clemson in the preseason polls, and I am sure we showed why last night."

The letter even included a postscript from Richt, in which he crowed about UGA running back Todd Gurley's record-setting performance of 293 all-purpose yards: "PS: Todd told me he didn't have a good game."

The letter, which was mailed from Augusta, Georgia, on Tuesday, according to a photo of an envelope on Deadspin, also included a cut-out of the headline: "Georgia stomps Clemson 45 to 21."