Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Put Allen In!!

Started by razorbackchamps94, November 23, 2012, 03:34:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackchamps94

Season is over , we'll its been over since Monroe, but why not let Allen take snaps?

hobhog

Totally Agree. Allen and Williams need reps. Tyler and DJ had their time.....

OTTER

Asinine, totally asinine.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: OTTER on November 23, 2012, 03:36:04 pm
Asinine, totally asinine.
The season over !! It's been over yet Allen has no snaps hardly!

SloppinItandLovnIt

Im confused can a player who steps out of bounds be there first person to touch the ball or is that only in offensive plays?
Welcome to Arkansas, well if there is nothing to bitch about we will just make something up.

hvsupastar

Yes Deprive these seniors who have busted their butts for 4 or 5 years their last half if a very winnable ball game. Surely you aren't serious
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Captain

I agree, Turn the Page, get Allen some more game experince fo sho homies!!!!!

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: hvsupastar on November 23, 2012, 03:38:27 pm
Yes Deprive these seniors who have busted their butts for 4 or 5 years their last half if a very winnable ball game. Surely you aren't serious
There not going win ...

BOAR_N2BWILD

And just tell Tyler Wilson "you had your chance buddy f- u"
Really??

That is quite frankly one of the most ridiculous posts ever.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

CallThoseHawgs

It's Wilson's last game as a hog. C'Mon man, let him play.

rar

Same people bitching about the coaches and players quitting are asking for a freshman in a 7 point game against #7 in the nation. Pot.....meet kettle.

JethroB.

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 23, 2012, 03:37:35 pm
Im confused can a player who steps out of bounds be there first person to touch the ball or is that only in offensive plays?

I thought that was a penalty if that happened.

PORKULATOR

Austin Allen maybe. I've seen Brandon miss enough receiver this year. I was at ULM and Bama.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HawginTexas

Quote from: SloppinItandLovnIt on November 23, 2012, 03:37:48 pm

I wondered the same thing. I know in the NFL that would have been a penalty, not sure about college rules.

WaltKowalski

He deserves at least 35 seconds.

Snouty

Wilson throws a TD pass!  Maybe a little too soon to take him out.

hogdoc97

Lets bench all the seniors. The same logic applies to them as well. Anyone who has played football knows how ridiculous this sounds.  :razorback:

The Galloping Ghost

Quote from: razorbackchamps94 on November 23, 2012, 03:34:11 pm
Season is over , we'll its been over since Monroe, but why not let Allen take snaps?

Shut up and go tune your tuba scrub.
"The only football players in my time were fellows who really loved to play football. They were not in it for the money. There wasn't much money there. They would have played football for nothing."

CallThoseHawgs

I want more than anything to win this game, and that means playing Tyler Wilson.

VBRazorback

Jacka$$ you think we should still bench him after getting us back into contention to win?

BigHog396

Some people are just too stupid to be allowed to continue to breathe!

Steef

The time to give BA snaps, was earlier in the season during games that were already out if control.

This was Senior Day. Tylers last game. And it was not out of control, but very much undecided.

Lot of mistakes in this game. But this wasnt one of them.

Speedsmith

Mitchell's the best qb on campus period.

Pork Twain

Not sure if serious but TW gave his heart to this team, you do NOT bench him for anyone.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HognitiveDissonance

I agree with Herm Edwards's famous rant quote. "You play...to win...the game."
Wilson, Cobi, and others gave us the best chance to win today, and they played well.
You play to win the game. You do your best to win each game.

hawaiianhogster

Quote from: JethroB. on November 23, 2012, 03:57:27 pm
I thought that was a penalty if that happened.

I sensed the refs were for LSU winning at all costs. It clearly showed favoritism.

mmhogs17

Quote from: Speedsmith on November 23, 2012, 10:09:33 pm

You need professional help.

Fatmanhog

Quote from: Speedsmith on November 23, 2012, 10:09:33 pm
i hope this is sarcasm at its finest. if not put down the crack pipe and step away.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

AFWarrior83

Quote from: mmhogs17 on November 24, 2012, 02:42:42 am
You need professional help.

I think he meant athlete...definitely not the best QB, but he does have talent. It will be interesting next spring and fall to see if Allen can beat him out. Remember, Mitchell requested the move because he wanted to play now and not sit behind Tyler on the bench.
Hogville member since 2005.

BorderPatrol

Wow. Hog fans get more ignorant by the day.

bp

BrianWPS!!

Only on hogville would a person think of taking their senior qb out at their last game of the season. Didnt think someone was that dumb but like I said, this is hogville. I though John L was bad.

ChitownHawg

These are Madden20xx players who do not know the emotions of being on a team. In their emotionless Madden20xx game you can move players in and out without any motivation issues. Or simply hit the replay button.

I would ask these Madden20xx people, what do you think BA's answer would be if he were asked - "Should you go in for Tyler on Senior Day?"
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

devildoghawg

Are you really that sure that Allen is going to start next year?
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: BigHog396 on November 23, 2012, 05:35:25 pm
Some people are just too stupid to be allowed to continue to breathe!
yeah, reminds me of November 6, 2012
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

springhill17

Not only start or even be back? Daddy goes, so does son!

aloha_kid

Need him healthy for next year ... PP play calling can get you hurt ;)

aloha_kid

Quote from: springhill17 on November 24, 2012, 09:46:49 am

Arkansas would need to release him from his scholarship for him to transfer to another school on scholarship.  BTW there is no guarantee he would transfer if his father doesn't stay.  Pissing away two years, going into a third, transferring isn't the best advice for they kid ... then again it depends on who the new coach is.

springhill17

Don't think getting a release would be a issue. Don't think a new coach would make a kid stay if he didn't want to stay. Especially if your dad is let go. Go back and look at how many kids have transferred to UCA from Arkansas.

OTTER

Quote from: springhill17 on November 24, 2012, 09:46:49 am
Not necessarily.  I'd bet he would stay.
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

MM-gohogs

Depending on who the new HC is one or two assistants could be holdovers... Like Horton and Allen from HDN-->Petrino

I would assume those would be the same two held over...
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

MM-gohogs

And to all those calling for Allen... How well did that work against Alabama? You should've pumped the brakes before showing your lack of intelligence.
aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

RazorWorld

Quote from: devildoghawg on November 24, 2012, 09:38:51 am
Are you really that sure that Allen is going to start next year?

They way it played out whomever the starter is next year he will have no experience. Therefore it might as well be a new guy. No one cared about next year. Beating LSU in a meaningless game yesterday was more important than our future. It is a good thing we won or we would look pretty nearsighted.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazorWorld on November 24, 2012, 11:02:15 am
They way it played out whomever the starter is next year he will have no experience. Therefore it might as well be a new guy. No one cared about next year. Beating LSU in a meaningless game yesterday was more important than our future. It is a good thing we won or we would look pretty nearsighted.

BA has as much game experience as TW did when he became the starter. He may even have more.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

devildoghawg

Quote from: locusbug on November 24, 2012, 11:26:59 am
BA has as much game experience as TW did when he became the starter. He may even have more.

BA definitely has experience in what a crushing defeat feels like.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: devildoghawg on November 24, 2012, 11:30:09 am
BA definitely has experience in what a crushing defeat feels like.

Or how hard Bama's D can hit! I cannot believe how easily some would abandon a Hog who gave everything he had to the team by asking him to sit on the bench.

jkstock04

Only thing I agree with is season was over after La. Monroe loss.  Worst loss in school history.  Ya, in my mind season was toast at that point. 

I wouldn't have had a problem with our coaches benching Wilson if they thought it gave us a better chance to win.  Obviously they didn't think that, so they stuck with him. 

The whole "he gave it his all and is all HOG and deserves to play" is pure BS.  Pure crap.  You could say the same for Hocker and notice what happened to him yesterday!  LOL. 

Bottom line you play whoever gives you the best chance to win. 

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jamie72921

Playing Brandon Allen for one game is beyond stupid.

One game doesn't prepare anyone for next season.

This has been done here before with Stoernor. He still struggled big time the following season learning the ropes.

The only thing that playing Allen over Wilson yesterday would have accomplished would have been to disrespect TW for all the hard work he has put in during his career as a Hog.
Bless your heart

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 24, 2012, 11:35:03 am
Only thing I agree with is season was over after La. Monroe loss.  Worst loss in school history.  Ya, in my mind season was toast at that point. 

I wouldn't have had a problem with our coaches benching Wilson if they thought it gave us a better chance to win.  Obviously they didn't think that, so they stuck with him. 

The whole "he gave it his all and is all HOG and deserves to play" is pure BS.  Pure crap.  You could say the same for Hocker and notice what happened to him yesterday!  LOL. 

are you seriously trying to compare a QB who has set UA passing records that may never be broken and has taken shots in the ribs and in the head that, dare I say, not many on that team could take and stand up, much less get back up and throw a winning touchdown to a friggn kicker ?   this BS that some people believe that all of the players are the same is simply that, BS...some players are more important than others....and as far as Tyler Wilson and importance to the team, he has earned the right to finish any and every game he starts....Wilson passed up a muti-million dollar contract to try and help the UA win a  NC....now they fell woefully short, but you don't reward that type of loyalty with a swift kick in the ass by putting some 'wet behind the ears' QB in for one single play on Senior Day
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

RazorWorld

Quote from: locusbug on November 24, 2012, 11:32:38 am
Or how hard Bama's D can hit! I cannot believe how easily some would abandon a Hog who gave everything he had to the team by asking him to sit on the bench.

No one said abandon anyone or bench anyone. The thing is simple. You find a reason to sneak him in (your backup) when the game is over or the season is a waste. There were many such opportunities throughout this season. That's all some are saying. No one wants to humiliate Tyler. Think about our backup for a moment, how does he feel not getting one single snap all year? I'd transfer if it were me, do to my humiliation. It was all good for Tyler not so good for the U of A. Makes him look selfish also.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 24, 2012, 11:35:03 am

Have a hard time keeping up with the conversation I see.  ;D The OP was not making the point "whoever gives us the best chance to win", because that sure would not have been BA. The season was over, so the only thing worth winning this game for - were the seniors. Now if we we jockeying for the best bowl possible then your point may have had some validity, but we aren't.

So you make a point that is not part of the conversation, but about who should have ended the game as QB. Having said that your point surely was not trying to say BA gave us the best chance to win - was it? Idiot was then that is LOL worthy.