Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Put Allen In!!

Started by razorbackchamps94, November 23, 2012, 03:34:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkstock04

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 24, 2012, 11:43:36 am
are you seriously trying to compare a QB who has set UA passing records that may never be broken and has taken shots in the ribs and in the head that, dare I say, not many on that team could take and stand up, much less get back up and throw a winning touchdown to a friggn kicker ?   this BS that some people believe that all of the players are the same is simply that, BS...some players are more important than others....and as far as Tyler Wilson and importance to the team, he has earned the right to finish any and every game he starts....Wilson passed up a muti-million dollar contract to try and help the UA win a  NC....now they fell woefully short, but you don't reward that type of loyalty with a swift kick in the ass by putting some 'wet behind the ears' QB in for one single play on Senior Day
It is quite simple.  You play whoever gives you the best chance to win.  The coaches are the ones who decide that...not me. 

Personally, I DO NOT think Allen would have given us a better chance to win yesterday.  See Louisiana Monroe.  I didn't see any point in benching Wilson to play him...but that isn't my point.

Ya, I would compare the Hocker situation.  Knile Davis as well.  I don't care what you have done...if you ain't producing and someone else is/will...they get the play time instead.  I do agree that QB is the most important position on the field.

The attitude you portray is the same BS (as you call it) we had during the Houston Nutt years.  "Earning the right" lol whatever.  IF we had someone at any position....playing more than another guy who gave us a better chance to win...to me that would be where the BS layed. 

It is irrelevant with the Tyler Wilson situation cause the way I see it he is the best we had...but speaking in generalities or foot for thought that is what I think.   
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazorWorld on November 24, 2012, 11:56:45 am
No one said abandon anyone or bench anyone. The thing is simple. You find a reason to sneak him in (your backup) when the game is over or the season is a waste. There were many such opportunities throughout this season. That's all some are saying. No one wants to humiliate Tyler. Think about our backup for a moment, how does he feel not getting one single snap all year? I'd transfer if it were me, do to my humiliation. It was all good for Tyler not so good for the U of A. Makes him look selfish also.

No the OP created this post during the game. So you think putting BA in would not upset one of the most competitive guys on the team? Also your "backup not getting one single snap all year" is crazy. Did you miss the second half of ULM or the whole game with Bama.

For a freshman he has a lot more game experience going into next season than Tyler did when Ryan left.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

jkstock04

Quote from: locusbug on November 24, 2012, 12:05:36 pm
Have a hard time keeping up with the conversation I see.  ;D The OP was not making the point "whoever gives us the best chance to win", because that sure would not have been BA. The season was over, so the only thing worth winning this game for - were the seniors. Now if we we jockeying for the best bowl possible then your point may have had some validity, but we aren't.

So you make a point that is not part of the conversation, but about who should have ended the game as QB. Having said that your point surely was not trying to say BA gave us the best chance to win - was it? Idiot was then that is LOL worthy.
I'm keeping up with the conversation fine thanks. 

My point is simple, only reason you would bench Wilson for Allen is if you thought Allen would give a better chance to win the game.  I understand what the OP is saying, and I disagree. 

My opinion?  No, I do not think that Allen would have gave us a better chance to win the game. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

jkstock04

Quote from: locusbug on November 24, 2012, 12:05:36 pm
Idiot was then that is LOL worthy.
By the way, when calling someone an idiot, try and form something that at least resembles an actual sentence.

"Idiot was then that is" 

That seems more so LOL worthy. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ChitownHawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 24, 2012, 12:18:53 pm
I'm keeping up with the conversation fine thanks. 

My point is simple, only reason you would bench Wilson for Allen is if you thought Allen would give a better chance to win the game.  I understand what the OP is saying, and I disagree. 

My opinion?  No, I do not think that Allen would have gave us a better chance to win the game.

If this was during the season then I probably would agree with you, but this was not. This was the last game, senior day, to a meaningless game. For this reason Tyler plays the whole game.

Now if we were in the running for something then your point carries some weight.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

RazorWorld

Quote from: locusbug on November 24, 2012, 12:12:36 pm
No the OP created this post during the game. So you think putting BA in would not upset one of the most competitive guys on the team? Also your "backup not getting one single snap all year" is crazy. Did you miss the second half of ULM or the whole game with Bama.

For a freshman he has a lot more game experience going into next season than Tyler did when Ryan left.

I would not have put anyone in unless it was OK with Tyler for one thing. If I couldn't sell him on it then I wouldn't do it. Yes I did not watch the 2cd half of ULM, I watched part of Ala and part of yesterday. I frankly lost interest. Perhaps you are right and he got more time than I thought. I didn't realize this post began during the game, I think that's a sign of frustration and nothing against Tyler. I like a lot of fans stopped caring so much about football about halfway through the year. It seemed to me Jeff Long requested we just forget about this year so I did.

ChitownHawg

November 24, 2012, 12:32:56 pm #56 Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 03:18:53 pm by locusbug
Quote from: jkstock04 on November 24, 2012, 12:25:40 pm
By the way, when calling someone an idiot, try and form something that at least resembles an actual sentence.

"Idiot was then that is" 

That seems more so LOL worthy.

First off I apologize if that offended as I was not calling you an idiot. Anyone who uses smart phone or iPad with auto-correct knows the aggrevation of having words change on you. The sentence I was typing was "If it was then that is LOL worthy."

Some how "if it" turned it into idiot. So I apologize on behalf of my stiff fingers and not to bright iPad.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: RazorWorld on November 24, 2012, 12:30:43 pm
I would not have put anyone in unless it was OK with Tyler for one thing. If I couldn't sell him on it then I wouldn't do it. Yes I did not watch the 2cd half of ULM, I watched part of Ala and part of yesterday. I frankly lost interest. Perhaps you are right and he got more time than I thought. I didn't realize this post began during the game, I think that's a sign of frustration and nothing against Tyler. I like a lot of fans stopped caring so much about football about halfway through the year. It seemed to me Jeff Long requested we just forget about this year so I did.

I am with you on the not caring part. I believe I set a personal best record for the number of 1st half only games I watched this year.

jkstock04

Quote from: locusbug on November 24, 2012, 12:27:42 pm
If this was during the season then I probably would agree with you, but this was not. This was the last game, senior day, to a meaningless game. For this reason Tyler plays the whole game.

Now if we were in the running for something then your point carries some weight.
Agree to disagree then. 

If it was so meaningless as you say, sure as hell wish I would have got the memo....maybe I wouldn't have sat through the entire thing til the last second ticked off the clock freezing my ass off.  I wanted us to win. 

Obviously the coaches did to..at least to some degree.  Benching Hocker cause he wasn't producing is proof of it.  Guess they could have just left him in cause of what all he has done for us in the past and he has bled more Hog red than his backup. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

RazorWorld

Quote from: jkstock04 on November 24, 2012, 12:37:25 pm
Agree to disagree then. 

If it was so meaningless as you say, sure as hell wish I would have got the memo....maybe I wouldn't have sat through the entire thing til the last second ticked off the clock freezing my ass off.  I wanted us to win. 

Obviously the coaches did to..at least to some degree.  Benching Hocker cause he wasn't producing is proof of it.  Guess they could have just left him in cause of what all he has done for us in the past and he has bled more Hog red than his backup.

You butt freezers are true heroes, thanks.

HAWGTILLTHEDIRT

Quote from: fatmanhog on November 24, 2012, 02:58:00 am
i hope this is sarcasm at its finest. if not put down the crack pipe and step away.
that's his problem there's a crack in his pipe
HAWG TILL THE DIRT!!!!

Tyler Rose

Heck Brandon Allen might not be the next QB with a new coaching staff coming in. Wilson is the man .

ronmahony

That would be probably the dumbest thing a Razorback coach has ever done. I'm surprised Smith didn't think of it.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.