Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gulf Shores

Started by razorbackinthegrove, July 24, 2012, 09:41:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbackinthegrove

Heading down next week any new must go to joints?

Junkyard Hog

Lartigues for steamed royal reds. Pick them up and take them back to your condo.

Louisiana Lagniappe for one of their grouper dishes.

rcopela

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on July 24, 2012, 08:17:03 pm
Lartigues for steamed royal reds. Pick them up and take them back to your condo.

Louisiana Lagniappe for one of their grouper dishes.
Didn't know there was an Louisiana Lagniappe in Gulf Shores, been to the one in Destin...Great Food

GreenwayTigerHog

I guess technically it is in OB, pretty close to the Alabama Pass bridge.

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: rcopela on July 25, 2012, 08:04:15 am
Didn't know there was an Louisiana Lagniappe in Gulf Shores, been to the one in Destin...Great Food

It's in the San Roc Cay shopping center.

BR

Headed down in 30 days for a 5 day weekend... For a Parrothead Festival
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

HawgWild

I'm a week behind you. Got a beach house rented in Fort Morgan. Looking foward to it too.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: HawgWild on February 11, 2013, 05:01:00 pm
I'm a week behind you. Got a beach house rented in Fort Morgan. Looking foward to it too.
You'll love it
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

DeltaBoy

It was a Blast when I did Spring Break down their in 1991!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HawgWild

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 15, 2013, 01:08:40 pm
It was a Blast when I did Spring Break down their in 1991!

So, when you going back?

HawgWild

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on February 11, 2013, 05:51:51 pm
You'll love it

GBHF - I'm going to try and take the ferry over from Dauphin Island. I've got my fingers crossed that my timing is right and I don't have to wait and the ferry doesn't get cancelled/delayed because of rough water.

cosmodrum

The soft shell crab at Lousianna Lagniappe is the biggest I've ever had.
Go away, batin'

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: HawgWild on February 16, 2013, 11:41:06 am
GBHF - I'm going to try and take the ferry over from Dauphin Island. I've got my fingers crossed that my timing is right and I don't have to wait and the ferry doesn't get cancelled/delayed because of rough water.
They usually have two running at a time so at most you should only have to wait around 30 or so minutes. Though one time when I went they only had one ferry going and the traffic was bad so it we waited about an hour and a half.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

HawgWild

Quote from: GreenbrierHogFan on February 16, 2013, 07:19:34 pm
They usually have two running at a time so at most you should only have to wait around 30 or so minutes. Though one time when I went they only had one ferry going and the traffic was bad so it we waited about an hour and a half.

I'm beginning to have second thoughts about driving down in a day. I'm leaving from Conway and the driving estimates I get are just shy of 10 hours regardless of whether I go down 59 or take the ferry from Dauphin Island.

You got any suggestions on a mid-point place to stop?

BR

23 days till we are there... It is 16 hours from St. Joseph Missouri, we drove it all the way last year. Only stop for gas,  and a quick bite in Memphis..

old hog

Quote from: HawgWild on February 17, 2013, 11:17:33 am
I'm beginning to have second thoughts about driving down in a day. I'm leaving from Conway and the driving estimates I get are just shy of 10 hours regardless of whether I go down 59 or take the ferry from Dauphin Island.

Found a good mid-point to be in Vicksburg, Miss. Tried the driving down in a day, and it is tiring so we started stopping off in Vicksburg, then going rest of the way next day.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Joetown Parrothead on February 17, 2013, 03:19:53 pm
23 days till we are there... It is 16 hours from St. Joseph Missouri, we drove it all the way last year. Only stop for gas,  and a quick bite in Memphis..

That is border line too long to drive.  We go to Sandestin and it's a legit 12 hour trip from Fayetteville and that's about as far as I want to go in one day.  Not sure I'd want to tack on an additional 4 hours. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: HawgWild on February 16, 2013, 11:39:13 am
So, when you going back?

In a year or two when my kid is 16. The place was a Blast.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

GreenwayTigerHog

Quote from: HawgWild on February 17, 2013, 11:17:33 am

We make it a 1 day drive.  12 hours is about my limit.  It isn't bad really. 

Stopped overnight in Hattiesburg once and made an easy drive the next morning even going to Battleship park.  We decided we'd rather spend our money on the beach than at a hotel on the way.

rcopela

Yeah, I make the family pack and load the night before we leave, roll em out of bed at 3:00 a.m. just stop for food, gas and restrooms, on the beach at 4:00 p.m. after checking into condo...from Fayetteville to San Destin..

DeltaBoy

Coming from TX we will do a overnight layover in Mississippi then on to BAMA!

HawgWild

I ended up booking a room in Hattiesburg and will take a leisurely drive down the next day. I used some points from a credit card on the room.

panhandlepig

Hawg, there's a really good old-school steakhouse in Hattiesburg right on 49, the Conestoga. We often stop and spend the night  in Hattiesburg on the was home to Arkansas when we get an afternoon start and always eat there. Have a good trip!

HawgWild

DeltaBoy

There some good Q in Hattiesburg too.  Sorry I had too many beers to remember on my last trip.

BR

We are staying at The Island House Hotel in Orange Beach. Have Parties schedule at LuLu's & FloraBama that weekend..

old hog

Quote from: Joetown Parrothead on February 21, 2013, 11:37:22 am
We are staying at The Island House Hotel in Orange Beach. Have Parties schedule at LuLu's & FloraBama that weekend..
Bet your looking forward to it more with 18+ of the white stuff outside.  :)

BR

Quote from: old hog on February 21, 2013, 11:40:43 am
   Bet your looking forward to it more with 18+ of the white stuff outside.  :)
20 Days Brother...

Hogoverseas

We will head to Turquoise Place in Orange beach this Fall. We are counting down the days! We enjoy eating at Cobalt and the Gulf Shores steamer.

TomasPistola

When my wife and I went out to Gulf Shores we found a restaurant just outside town in Magnolia Springs that was excellent. The service was the friendliest I've ever had at a restaurant. It's a family owned business which I like. One side is fine dining, the other side is more of a pub. Food was wonderful as well...

http://jessesrestaurant.com/
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

DeltaBoy

Good Food, Good Times and Good Views in Gulf Shores ALABAMA!

HawgWild

Where you guys suggest I buy some fresh seafood? Remember, I'm staying on the Fort Morgan end so I'd like to keep it on the west side of the T.

TomasPistola - That place in Jessieville looks good. I'm going to try and stop by on our way back from a Bellingrath Gardens/Fair Hope day trip.

TIA

Quote from: TomasPistola on February 21, 2013, 01:15:18 pm
When my wife and I went out to Gulf Shores we found a restaurant just outside town in Magnolia Springs that was excellent. The service was the friendliest I've ever had at a restaurant. It's a family owned business which I like. One side is fine dining, the other side is more of a pub. Food was wonderful as well...

Hogoverseas

Quote from: HawgWild on February 28, 2013, 09:10:41 am
Where you guys suggest I buy some fresh seafood? Remember, I'm staying on the Fort Morgan end so I'd like to keep it on the west side of the T.

We stayed at Martinique one year and bought some fresh seafood from Fresh Market Seafood on Fort Morgan Road. I am sure you can google it and get the address. We bought the fresh catch of the day (I can't remember what it was), but it was awesome. Plus, you do not have to drive all the way into Gulf Shores or Orange Beach to get it.

HawgWild

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks.

Any good restaurants in that area?

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: HawgWild on February 28, 2013, 09:10:41 am

We always get ours at http://blalockseafoodandspecialty.com/.  Another good option (if you want to drive) is http://www.joepattis.com/ in Pensacola. They have a ridiculous amount of fresh seafood.

HawgWild

Two good tips. Thanks.

Hogoverseas

Quote from: HawgWild on February 28, 2013, 01:28:00 pm
That's what I'm talking about! Thanks.

Any good restaurants in that area?

No, unless one has opened up since our last visit. You will have to drive away from Fort Morgan for good restaurants. However, the tradeoff of staying in Fort Morgan is less crowds.

GreenwayTigerHog

You will be needing to go into GS to get your Big Johnson and YOLO tshirts anyway...

BR

11 days till our Party in Gulf Shores...

old hog

Quote from: Joetown Parrothead on March 01, 2013, 09:01:52 am
11 days till our Party in Gulf Shores...
Hey BR, how much snow did ya have to dig out of? Hope ya'll made it ok.

DeltaBoy

Have a safe and fun trip Joe.   

Tim Harris

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on February 28, 2013, 02:07:18 pm
We always get ours at http://blalockseafoodandspecialty.com/.  Another good option (if you want to drive) is http://www.joepattis.com/ in Pensacola. They have a ridiculous amount of fresh seafood.

I always make the drive to Joe Pattis to get something for the grill. We always went there as kids when we went to see my uncle in Pensacola so I just keep doing it now days.

BR

March 13, 2013, 12:58:41 am #42 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:09:02 am by Joetown Parrothead
Just got in to our Penthouse Suite at Beau Rivage, 4 rooms 2 baths and a lot of booze.. That's just tonight, headed over to Gulf Shores in the AM. 852 miles today, The Titan kicked Ass.. 16.9 MPG on the way down.. Photos on my Facebook page.. Plus we just won a few dollars downstairs..

Silence O the Hams

HawgWild

Did part of the pub crawl today in Gulf Shores. Had to bail out early. These guys were doing some serious drinking! The bagpipers were entertaining though. Lot's of folks from Wisconsin. Got a few "You stole our coach!" comments.

HawgWild

Quote from: TomasPistola on February 21, 2013, 01:15:18 pm

Had lunch there today- rib eye & salmon - and you're right, it's good. Get's my thumbs up approval.

TomasPistola

Quote from: HawgWild on March 20, 2013, 03:39:22 pm
Had lunch there today- rib eye & salmon - and you're right, it's good. Get's my thumbs up approval.

Glad you liked it.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

BR

Just got back Monday from 6 days down there.... Freaking Awesome time. Brought back more seafood then the Law allows... I bet I ate at least 10-12 dz Oysters, plus drank 2-3 cases of Yuengling...  Plus we had frozen drinks machines with Patron, take a shot then eat a couple slices of almost frozen oranges... Too Damn good.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Joetown Parrothead on March 13, 2013, 12:58:41 am
Just got in to our Penthouse Suite at Beau Rivage, 4 rooms 2 baths and a lot of booze.. That's just tonight, headed over to Gulf Shores in the AM. 852 miles today, The Titan kicked Ass.. 16.9 MPG on the way down.. Photos on my Facebook page.. Plus we just won a few dollars downstairs..

Man, I wish I would've seen this earlier.  I could've given you a good spot to eat.

razorbackinthegrove

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on February 28, 2013, 02:07:18 pm

A great experience is to go out to Billy's seafood in bon secor about 10 miles off 59 at the major intersection before causway bridge.  This is where all the shrimp and oyster boats come in and feed the local markets.  They have a market that sells direct, but few drive out there, it has an incredible selection.
billys-seafood.com