Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Poll: What will you do if Gus is hired?

Started by duckman, November 24, 2017, 07:53:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What will you do if Gus is hired?

Rejoice
115 (45.6%)
Cry
25 (9.9%)
Laugh and buy popcorn and watch the biggest meltdown in the history of Hogville.
54 (21.4%)
Frito Pie
38 (15.1%)
Bewbs
20 (7.9%)

Total Members Voted: 251

duckman

East Clintwood

For me, not much would change.

For the last few years under Bert's "leadership", I've lost all enthusiasm and excitement for Hog football.

I have no expectations that we will win or play well.

I expect some improvement with Gus but not enough to get excited about.

He's not the coach we need.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Smallie Bigs

Quote from: duckman on November 24, 2017, 07:53:32 am
Just wondering...

Focus on the Recruiting Trail. Hopefully he can lock in our current commits & pull off a good class. Go Hogs!
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

duckman

Quote from: Smallie Bigs on November 24, 2017, 08:04:34 am
Focus on the Recruiting Trail. Hopefully he can lock in our current commits & pull off a good class. Go Hogs!

I am talking about the day of the hire....

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: duckman on November 24, 2017, 08:11:45 am
I am talking about the day of the hire....

I won't rejoice or cry. Just continue to support the Hogs.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

duckman

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Danimal

Option 2 for about a minute, then option 3 for the next 5 years (at very least)....

huntindoc

None of the above.  I won't be down but won't be terribly excited either.  He could turn out to be very successful  here.   It will be a case of cautious optimism for me.

Smashmouth2004

What I hope to see is a much better coaching staff which would result in better recruits who are of SEC caliber.

wildhogman

I choose frito pie because you didn't have one category that I think fits.  Eat popcorn and watch the most infighting on HG since the Nutts days

Pork Twain

I don't think he is the best option, but I think he is far from the worst.  So I will be happier than I am now, but not as happy as I could be.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

TrueBlue

Jimmy Sexton said that he "loves it when a plan comes together".  He has everyone worked into a frenzy right now, on both sides.

It's like dealing with lawyers in a lawsuit, the only one that "wins" are the lawyers.

Right now, the only one that it is going to win big is Jimmy Sexton.  I just don't trust that snake.

The NewEra

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 24, 2017, 08:19:52 am

Come on OP.......give us this option if you want a realistic poll.  There's a lot of room in between the lines of your limited options of joyful hysteria and utter depression.

HogNTX

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Torqued pork

I like popcorn.  I like to see paranoid fans compare the mysterious GOBN to the Third Reich. Indulge me.

duckman

Quote from: The NewEra on November 24, 2017, 10:00:30 am
Come on OP.......give us this option if you want a realistic poll.  There's a lot of room in between the lines of your limited options of joyful hysteria and utter depression.

That would be the all encompassing Frito Pie option...

Ironhawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 24, 2017, 08:19:52 am

I think this is me too.  I'm not convinced Gus is the right guy, but I'm not convinced he is not either.  I guess for the first time in years I will actually have some hope for Hog football.

HF#1

I will be hopeful. Like I was when Mike Anderson was hired.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

jmark

i'll breath a sigh of relief that finally the NuTT indused curse (if you will) has been lifted off of the good football people of springdale. 

add party likes its 2005!
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

duckman

After much criticism of my poll I have added another option...   My personal favorite.

hogwildest

I'm not 100% sold on Gus being the right answer, but I don't need to be right in my assumptions.  I just want the Hogs to win football games, so I think the reasonable response to whoever the new coach is, is to just wait and see.  Give whoever it is a chance to prove themselves, and hope for the best.  It just might work out.

Dropkick

Danimal

Quote from: duckman on November 24, 2017, 10:55:20 am
After much criticism of my poll I have added another option...   My personal favorite.
Is there any way I can change my vote?..

Locutus_of_Boar

I chose "watch the meltdown."

Gus is better than Dale, much better than Bert and Smiley, and probably a different flavor of what we had with Motorcycle Boy.  In other words he's good enough to manage to get the Hogs into situations where their failures will be much more painful than depressing.

The factional warfare on Hogville will be even nastier than it was during the Nutt Error with the new AD likely caught in the fighting as well.

duckman

Quote from: Danimal on November 24, 2017, 11:08:23 am
Is there any way I can change my vote?..

I could reset it but then we lose the pure scientific value of the poll....

Danimal

Quote from: duckman on November 24, 2017, 11:21:23 am
I could reset it but then we lose the pure scientific value of the poll....
Yeah, but let's face it -- scientific value pretty much goes out the window anyway once bewbs are involved..

silverandbluedc

I am a Razorback. No matter who is hired I will get on board and root for team. Gus isn't my first choice, but Gus would, I believe lead the team in the right direction.

RebelliousHog

I was one of the 4 who picked "bewbs" (what's wrong with you guys?)

I would not rejoice since I am not enamored with Gus.

Not going to cry, because despite my dislike, he is a good coach and can prolly keep in state kids.

Don't think there will be that big a meltdown considering how many show the manlove for  Gus.

Frito Pie gives me tremendous heartburn. Oddly chili with crackers do not.

So bewbs it is.   
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

cosmodrum

Support the Hogs and settle in for an era of mediocrity and drama.
Go away, batin'

duckman

Quote from: HenduHog on November 24, 2017, 11:41:04 am
I was one of the 4 who picked "bewbs" (what's wrong with you guys?)

I would not rejoice since I am not enamored with Gus.

Not going to cry, because despite my dislike, he is a good coach and can prolly keep in state kids.

Don't think there will be that big a meltdown considering how many show the manlove for  Gus.

Frito Pie gives me tremendous heartburn. Oddly chili with crackers do not.

So bewbs it is.   

Solid...

duckman

Quote from: ModestoHOG63 on November 24, 2017, 11:57:38 am
eat lots of frito pie and then suffer the "shits" the next day.

But the "shits" are worth it...

Boardon Hamsay

I will have some Frito Pie and then attempt to shake the preconceived thoughts clear like and etch a sketch to try to not fall into #3. Don't get me wrong, 3 would be fun from a certain point of view but ultimately, who we hire is out of my control. I will give whoever a fair shot. Don't really want to be "I called that melt" guy because it seems to me that "guy" wants to prioritize his agenda over the team having success.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Mike_e

Get drunk and pee on the back fence.

Oh wait.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

duckman

The point of this poll?  It doesn't matter what we think, just support the coach we get.  So until then motorboat someone and eat Frito pie....  All is well.

ricepig

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 24, 2017, 12:03:38 pm
I will have some Frito Pie and then attempt to shake the preconceived thoughts clear like and etch a sketch to try to not fall into #3. Don't get me wrong, 3 would be fun from a certain point of view but ultimately, who we hire is out of my control. I will give whoever a fair shot. Don't really want to be "I called that melt" guy because it seems to me that "guy" wants to prioritize his agenda over the team having success.

So, first quarter of the first game long enough for a "fair shot"?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: ricepig on November 24, 2017, 12:45:52 pm
So, first quarter of the first game long enough for a "fair shot"?

"Fair shot" is very relative, lol. For me, it's 4-5 years, depending on the nature of the rebuild. I'm sure there are others that will be ready to declare the hire a complete failure at the first subjective sign of failure. Could be first punt of the first game to some, could be the opening presser hog call execution for others.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Danimal on November 24, 2017, 08:45:01 am
Option 2 for about a minute, then option 3 for the next 5 years (at very least)....
Love my hogs too much for #3, but I will get to wear out the i told you so line, i am afraid.

Dark Helmet Hog

I'm not a Gus fan. I think he's a bigger d-bag than Petrino. That's ok. He can still coach and I think he will win games here. I'll root for him to do well if he is the coach and won't sweat it.

I still love the Hogs, Frito Pie and bewbs. I will 100% support them all no matter the coach.

searkhogfan

Großer Kriegschwein

Life goes on.

Haven't had any input into previous coaching hires, haven't this time either.

Life goes on and I hope we win with whoever.

All the presumptions and pulling information from boosters and employees is the same as trying tonfigure out what's in the present under the tree because you can't unwrap it before it's time.

This is my non-signature signature.

ricepig

Quote from: Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on November 24, 2017, 12:56:56 pm
"Fair shot" is very relative, lol. For me, it's 4-5 years, depending on the nature of the rebuild. I'm sure there are others that will be ready to declare the hire a complete failure at the first subjective sign of failure. Could be first punt of the first game to some, could be the opening presser hog call execution for others.

I agree, if Gus has to punt on our first possession, he's a failure.......it really won't matter what we think anyway, the GOBN is in charge now, so all is good, right??

Rudy Baylor

Upon his hire I will invent "the Frito Pie Chimichanga" and purchase a food truck to sell said Frito Pie Chimichangas outside of Razorback football events, outside of Shiloh Christian games, and outside of Cross Church. I will work hard to gain a contract to sell Frito Pie Chimichangas inside the stadium with vendors carrying them for sale directly to the crowd, up and down the bleachers yelling "hot Frito Pie Chimichangas!"

As a direct competitor to Frito Pie Hot Pockets, I will listen to offers from the Frito Pie Hot Pockets guys to purchase my business.

goodguytex

I don't plan to attend any Razorback football games, or buy any Razorback merchandise, if Malzahn becomes HC, as long as he's the HC. He doesn't need to be connected to the Hogs in any way. Auburn can keep him.

Knot2brite

Quote from: goodguytex on November 24, 2017, 04:21:59 pm
I don't plan to attend any Razorback football games, or buy any Razorback merchandise, if Malzahn becomes HC, as long as he's the HC. He doesn't need to be connected to the Hogs in any way. Auburn can keep him.
Bingo
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Mikey

Where's option F for (D) and (E) combined?

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Rudy Baylor on November 24, 2017, 02:15:25 pm
Upon his hire I will invent "the Frito Pie Chimichanga" and purchase a food truck to sell said Frito Pie Chimichangas outside of Razorback football events, outside of Shiloh Christian games, and outside of Cross Church. I will work hard to gain a contract to sell Frito Pie Chimichangas inside the stadium with vendors carrying them for sale directly to the crowd, up and down the bleachers yelling "hot Frito Pie Chimichangas!"

As a direct competitor to Frito Pie Hot Pockets, I will listen to offers from the Frito Pie Hot Pockets guys to purchase my business.

As the inventor of Frito Pie Hot Pockets, I propose a merger. I believe the combination of Frito Pie Hot Pockets and Frito Pie Chimichangas create a partnership that will lead to worldwide Frito Pie domination. The chimichanga and food truck vehicle will add to a product portfolio that includes: Frito Pie Hot Pockets, Frito Pie Bagel Bites, Frito Pie Pizza Rolls, Frito Pie Pizza, Frito Pie Lays, Frito Pie Fritos, Frito Pie Ruffles, Frito Pie chili seasoning, Frito Pie Hamburger Helper, Frito Pie jerky, Frito Pie protein bars, bacon wrapped Frito Pie bites, Frito Pie tacos, Frito Pie quesadillas, Frito Pie tums, Frito Pie breakfast bars, Frito Pie the adult love making lotion, and Frito Pie hors d'oeuvres.

Outside the product portfolio, there's also royalties to come from Frito Pie Easy Bake Oven for kids, Frito Pie Convection Oven, Frito Pie the board game, Frito Pie the movie trilogy, Frito Pie the lunch box, Frito Pie cornhole, Frito Pie utensil kits, Frito Pie the leak free undergarments, Frito Pie the obstacle course and workout regimen, Frito Pie the home assistance, Frito Pie the App, Frito Pie the VR game, and Frito Pie the bidet and toilet expansion kit for DIYers. Like I mentioned earlier, this is ripe for worldwide domination.