Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many this year?

Started by ricepig, June 28, 2016, 05:46:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Anyone know what we can "officially" sign? I realize we seldom hit our number in February, but figured it was more than 25.

lefty08

Seems I read 27 in another thread. That number will be affected if we take any more transfers though
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on June 28, 2016, 06:16:15 am
Seems I read 27 in another thread. That number will be affected if we take any more transfers though

Transfers effect the 85 number, which I know in the long run effect the 25.

lefty08

Quote from: ricepig on June 28, 2016, 06:31:19 am
Transfers effect the 85 number, which I know in the long run effect the 25.

True, I could be wrong. I get confused easily. Last I knew we we had 2 scholarships from last year that we could count the back. I was thinking we could count back transfers, but maybe it's only 17 guys that can count the back
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: lefty08 on June 28, 2016, 06:35:22 am
True, I could be wrong. I get confused easily. Last I knew we we had 2 scholarships from last year that we could count the back. I was thinking we could count back transfers, but maybe it's only 17 guys that can count the back

I have to wonder if we are finished with seeing incoming as well as outgoing transfers? The summer isn't nearly over yet.
Go Hogs Go!

lefty08

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 28, 2016, 06:59:27 am
I have to wonder if we are finished with seeing incoming as well as outgoing transfers? The summer isn't nearly over yet.

I've read on another site there will be another transfer here to visit in 2 weeks, possible add for us

Other than that I don't know

Deep Shoat

28, I believe.  We can count 3 back to '16.
All Gas, No Brakes!

King Kong

Quote from: lefty08 on June 28, 2016, 07:02:30 am
I've read on another site there will be another transfer here to visit in 2 weeks, possible add for us

Other than that I don't know

Normal transfer or grad transfer?

lefty08

Quote from: King Kong on June 28, 2016, 07:36:59 am
Normal transfer or grad transfer?

Wasn't specified. They don't want the name getting out

Theolesnort

Quote from: lefty08 on June 28, 2016, 07:56:54 am
Well I hope he is a salty olineman. If so the planets may be aligning for the Hogs.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Salty o-lineman, lock down corner, lb able to cover a slot receiver or running back in a spread offense.

EFBAB

King Kong

Quote from: lefty08 on June 28, 2016, 07:56:54 am

ok, I was just curious if it maybe a potential impact player this year or not

secneahog

Quote from: King Kong on June 28, 2016, 09:57:53 am
ok, I was just curious if it maybe a potential impact player this year or not

They don't want the name to get out.

Sounds like a potential impact player...why would we want a transfer that would make a immediate impact?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

ricepig

Quote from: secneahog on June 28, 2016, 10:05:51 am

Sounds like a potential impact player...why would we want a transfer that would make a immediate impact?

I won't hold my breath, I can't think of any impact guys left that can contribute immediately.

King Kong

Quote from: secneahog on June 28, 2016, 10:05:51 am

? I don't understand your question? I was just curious if the guy would have to sit out a year or not

oldhawg

A rule change that I would like to see is that red shirts would not count against the 85 limit. Keep the yearly limit at a solid 25, but by the time the first game of the season gets here, designate your red shirt players to bring the number of active participating players down to 85.  No red shirts removed during the season unless a player is lost for the year due to injury. 

This should encourage the signing of athletes with ability that need developmental time, and still allow those 5-star can't miss players to participate right away.  A team like Arkansas would  likely benefit by having more fourth and fifth year players actively on the roster, especially if you have a coaching staff that can do a good job of evaluating  players with athletic potential and a persevering attitude.  An ancillary benefit might be an increase in graduation rates among student athletes.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: ricepig on June 28, 2016, 05:46:36 am
Anyone know what we can "officially" sign? I realize we seldom hit our number in February, but figured it was more than 25.
I heard that since we can count back 3 that we will have 3 come in January and then sign 25 if they can get the ones they want.