Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SIAP Really interesting article on Michael Smith and Louisiana recruiting.

Started by HogMantheIntruder, June 27, 2016, 10:24:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogMantheIntruder

"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

PorkRinds

He's our stud recruiter.  And chose to stay when he had options.  Love coach smith

Paul

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

A few years ago during our offensive struggles I didn't really care for him. I thought his coaching of the WR was subpar and cost us games, but turns out the problem was Jim "AllYouCanEat" Chaney. Thank you so much for proving me wrong coach Smith! You have coached a group of primarily 3*s into arguably the best WR corp in the SEC and your recruiting is fantastic. Thank you for being all hog! WPS :razorback:
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Bacon_Bitz

Love it. Hope he shows J-Red's 71-yard silencer to every LA kid without an LSU offer.

jackflash

Vantage 8 dude

As we know Louisiana most years has a boat load full of D1 level players. Whether or not LSU offers them or not matters little. While the tiggers usually try to "cherry pick" the best ones, they will leave more than a few behind whether they mean to or not. As far as I'm concerned let's just continue to show these kids that there's a very nice home for them just a little further north. Also helps stoke a "fire in the belly" every time we play a team with "LSU" written on the jerseys.

Hawgzinbowlz

"Michael Smith is a great recruiter," said Rummel head coach Jay Roth. "And he's from New Orleans, so he's one of us."

The Louisiana recruits continually mention that they have a great relationship with CMS.

More Louisiana players = More wins = More rear ends in the seats = Give Coach Smith a raise when necessary.

" GO HOGS "

Wildhog

Quote from: jackflash on June 29, 2016, 09:08:58 am
As far as being a recruiter best hire coach BB has made

Strong argument to be made there, for sure.  Partridge is a stud recruiter, too.  Wish we could have kept him longer.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Wildhog on June 29, 2016, 10:49:25 am
Strong argument to be made there, for sure.  Partridge is a stud recruiter, too.  Wish we could have kept him longer.

Don't forget about Pittman. He lit it up while he was here.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Wildhog

Quote from: FineAsSwine on June 29, 2016, 11:25:09 am
Don't forget about Pittman. He lit it up while he was here.

Pittman was really good at getting a kid that we normally wouldn't have any shot at, whatsoever.  Only problem was that he signed so few he left us in a hole on the OL. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on June 29, 2016, 11:27:59 am
Pittman was really good at getting a kid that we normally wouldn't have any shot at, whatsoever.  Only problem was that he signed so few he left us in a hole on the OL.

This exactly.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Wildhog on June 29, 2016, 11:27:59 am
It's the difference between a great recruiter and a hard working, great recruiter.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon