Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baylor releases 5 from LOI's

Started by ricepig, June 23, 2016, 06:46:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

I don't think we're on anyone's radar now, but at least these kids get released.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/16460603

lefty08

It's about time. I think the ncaa would have surely stepped in at some point
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

oldhawg

Quote from: ricepig on June 23, 2016, 06:46:36 pm
I don't think we're on anyone's radar now, but at least these kids get released.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/16460603

There can't be too many schools that have scholarships to offer.

regi

Oklahawg

Two OTs and a CB in that group. Wouldn't that be something? Grab one of these players?!?!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

H&D

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 23, 2016, 10:15:59 pm
Two OTs and a CB in that group. Wouldn't that be something? Grab one of these players?!?!

Based on the issues at the school and types of players they were recruiting, I'd top secret level background investigations done on any of their recruits.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

Oklahawg

Quote from: H&D on June 23, 2016, 10:44:35 pm
Based on the issues at the school and types of players they were recruiting, I'd top secret level background investigations done on any of their recruits.

True. Don't want to have an inherited problem trail with the recruit from Baylor to UA.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Smokehouse

Quote from: H&D on June 23, 2016, 10:44:35 pm

A lot of their problem guys were people who transferred in after being booted from other programs for discipline issues, though. Hopefully just the fact that they want out is some indication of their character (and not just that they're upset they can't play for Briles).
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

parallaxpig

Wasn't there some interest between Patrick Hudson and Arkansas?
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

ricepig

Quote from: parallaxpig on June 24, 2016, 07:01:18 am
Wasn't there some interest between Patrick Hudson and Arkansas?

Reportedly was coming in for a visit the last weekend of 2016 visits, but it didn't happen for one reason or another.

ricepig

ricepig

Also, Hudson is visiting OU today.

Muskliketusk

Gonna sign with programs beneath us for a secon time. Must liken to make bad decisions.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

Airforcehawg

Might just be some Internet shenanigans, but is Patrick Hudson on the hill? Look at the location.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: lefty08 on June 23, 2016, 06:49:10 pm
It's about time. I think the ncaa would have surely stepped in at some point

I agree that it is about time. All of those kids should be offered their release. Maybe they have been?
Go Hogs Go!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Airforcehawg on June 26, 2016, 03:20:36 am
Might just be some Internet shenanigans, but is Patrick Hudson on the hill? Look at the location.

Yeah, I wouldn't get excited until it says Fayetteville, NC. lol Twitter has to get that fixed

Polecat

I know a guy who lives in Silsbee. He said he wouldn't be surprised if Hudson ends up at UT. Fwiw
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Polecat on June 26, 2016, 12:39:37 pm
I know a guy who lives in Silsbee. He said he wouldn't be surprised if Hudson ends up at UT. Fwiw

Not sure how many scholarships Texas has to give but so far they've grabbed three of the Baylor kids including 4* OT J.P. Urquidez and the Duvernay twins.

ricepig

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on June 26, 2016, 02:37:24 pm
Not sure how many scholarships Texas has to give but so far they've grabbed three of the Baylor kids including 4* OT J.P. Urquidez and the Duvernay twins.

Supposedly they are at the 85 number, but have 2 2016 guys that haven't enrolled yet, and 2 walk on scholarships that Strong gave last winter that he can take back.

justmakeit2thebcs

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on June 26, 2016, 02:52:30 pm
Hudson is still in Arkansas

Well I hope he truly is in Arkansas. But those Twitter location things have been wrong before