Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jarques Mcclellion (FSU lean)

Started by secneahog, June 07, 2016, 09:34:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

secneahog

6'0 CB from South Florida, is gonna take his unofficial visit to Arkansas on the 15th of this month.  We have three other visitors coming up that weekend also.

24/7 has Michigan St favored for Jarques. 

I hope we can get this kid.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Would be nice to get some American Heritage kids and repair that relationship. That school produces talent.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

LJHOG

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on June 09, 2016, 01:57:28 pm
Would be nice to get some American Heritage kids and repair that relationship. That school produces talent.
How did the relationship become brokern?

secneahog

We're are picking up bolt predictions on 24/7 on this guy. 
He has scholarships from UNC, Louisville, Nebraska, Mich st and us. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Uncle SI

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on June 09, 2016, 01:57:28 pm
Because of Cogswell?
First time, long time, great topic, love the show.

Hogs of Anarchy

a0ashle

Quote from: Hogs of Anarchy on June 16, 2016, 01:50:50 pm
Hog lock

I am not one to pick on post counts because I get crap for having an opinion and <12k posts.... but a first post of "hog lock" LMAO, no way you are new here :D :D :D :D

Hogs of Anarchy

New here not new to Arkansas boards.

a0ashle

Quote from: Hogs of Anarchy on June 16, 2016, 02:12:16 pm

well, +1 for the laugh if I could.

ricepig

Quote from: Hogs of Anarchy on June 16, 2016, 02:12:16 pm

Did you say new name on here, or new here??...??...

JackJohnson

would be a big time get and one we definitely need

secneahog

Boom.    I called this one. Wps

hawgwash

WPS!  A position of need.  AND a very nice offer list!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Love his video

secneahog

Beat out Mich St for a DB. hello Paul rhoades. 

Big Daddy

Another high IQ recruit. Love it.

Wildhog

Big time.  Great pickup!
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hawgwash

Looks like he's teammates with a DE RD wrote about today in his Monday bits.

AugustaHog

Great get!  If MSU likes a CB, he must be pretty salty.  I love that our coaches got in there and locked this kid up early.  Our coaches are doing a good job getting kids on campus and sealing the deal.  Woo pig!

trphog

These commits: they come at you so fast it just messes you up!

Tarheelhawg

Wow!  Needed a tall, fast db.  WPS!!!

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

TheRazorback500

Welcome! Woopig.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Nosboar Accubond

So we beat FL & Miami for a FL kid... Good stuff!

Prestworthy

Ok, I'll ask. How do you say his name?

Wildhog

Quote from: Prestworthy on June 27, 2016, 08:55:04 pm
Ok, I'll ask. How do you say his name?

I don't know, but I hope it's, "Shark."
1909/1964/1965/1977

lumphog

Welcome HOME!!!

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on June 27, 2016, 08:44:06 pm
So we beat FL & Miami for a FL kid... Good stuff!
But we didn't though?  ???

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Cobi Hamilton Fan on June 27, 2016, 09:43:34 pm
But we didn't though?  ???
They've shown interest but haven't yet offered. I'm thinking it's like Arkansas waiting on an instate kid that others are after. I bet neither one thought he would commit this early.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

AirWarren

We are kicking ace in recruiting right now.

Wildhog

Quote from: Poppa Tart on June 27, 2016, 10:04:51 pm
They've shown interest but haven't yet offered. I'm thinking it's like Arkansas waiting on an instate kid that others are after. I bet neither one thought he would commit this early.

It's a great commit without making stuff up.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ckhawgu

What a pick up this one was! WPS!!! :razorback:

sickboy

Ok, I'm officially feeling like Bielema's turned the program all the way around. I could kind of feel that recruiting had changed the last few years, and that the fruits of that labor was going to change the way we recruited -- but now I think we're seeing the effects.

Very happy with recruiting this offseason. It's unlike any I've really seen. And I've followed recruiting closely since the late 90's. Something is officially in the water.

sickboy

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Wildhog on June 27, 2016, 10:30:23 pm
It's a great commit without making stuff up.
I didn't make anything up. Look at his full team list and you will see Miami and Florida. As for my hypothetical, it was just a thought; get over it.
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Poppa Tart on June 27, 2016, 10:04:51 pm

They didn't offer because they assumed he'd make a great backup plan if/when they miss on one of those 5 STAR DB's instate.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: sickboy on June 27, 2016, 11:08:27 pm
Ok, I'm officially feeling like Bielema's turned the program all the way around. I could kind of feel that recruiting had changed the last few years, and that the fruits of that labor was going to change the way we recruited -- but now I think we're seeing the effects.

Very happy with recruiting this offseason. It's unlike any I've really seen. And I've followed recruiting closely since the late 90's. Something is officially in the water.

What is happening right now is certainly unusual for us, some people are grousing that we have 16 commits but few "highly ranked, but I am interested to see where this is headed. I really do think that they are getting in ahead of the curve on some of these guys.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

lefty08

I read it as jocks, but who knows
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Sir Oinksalot

...paper says he's given a verbal, site unseen, family is fine with it.
Be ye therefore like the grasses and yield
to the inevitable forces of Nature,
and in so yielding survive...

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

zane

Solid offer sheet. Very nice pick up!
RIP LSUfan

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 28, 2016, 07:18:22 am
RD's article. Sounds like they really wanted this kid.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jun/27/florida-db-commits-arkansas/

No wonder.  He's Jarrion Lawson in cleats.  His 100 and 200 meter times are strong, but 25'9" long jump as a high school junior is unbelievable.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

thefisher

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 28, 2016, 12:51:58 am
What is happening right now is certainly unusual for us, some people are grousing that we have 16 commits but few "highly ranked, but I am interested to see where this is headed. I really do think that they are getting in ahead of the curve on some of these guys.

Exactly so.  I fully expect several of these guys to be bumped up to 4* after their senior season.  CBB & Co showed consistently last year that they were way ahead of the game in talent evaluation. HOW MANY times did it happen last year that a guy had few offers and was off the radar when CBB & Co offered???? LOTS!  We then saw Florida, Auburn, etc. move in and offer almost immediately afterward.  I recall that there were several threads in MMQB last year about how it appeared that other schools just waited and watched who Arkansas offered and then did the same. 

Time to chill out. Fully expect several of these 3* guys to be elevated to 4* after their senior year.  Failing that they certainly will be after Bama, Oklahoma,  and Auburn offer following CBB's lead.
I miss the smell of the mud, grass, and sweat of the practice field. I miss blood oozing down your arm from the rip in your skin that was slashed on a guys helmet as you punked him at the line of scrimmage and put his dobber in the dirt.

RazorWhacker

Quote from: lefty08 on June 28, 2016, 06:58:15 am
I read it as jocks, but who knows

GET YO A$$ DOWN TO O SHAG HENNESSY'S OFFICE RIGHT NOW!!!!

FraggleHog

Not a pay article... good stuff

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1682119-sec-school-scoops-up-florida-s-no-10-corner?s=10

"For me, I felt like Arkansas' coaching staff showed love across the board," McClellion said. "Coach B and (linebackers) coach (Vernon) Hargreaves really brought me in. Arkansas feels like home, and the coaching and program is just a big brotherhood."
Calling the Hogs from DFW

secneahog

Quote from: FraggleHog on June 28, 2016, 10:15:17 am
Not a pay article... good stuff

http://www.scout.com/college/football/recruiting/story/1682119-sec-school-scoops-up-florida-s-no-10-corner?s=10

"For me, I felt like Arkansas' coaching staff showed love across the board," McClellion said. "Coach B and (linebackers) coach (Vernon) Hargreaves really brought me in. Arkansas feels like home, and the coaching and program is just a big brotherhood."

Wow, good stuff. #10 cb in florida???????

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: thefisher on June 28, 2016, 09:31:59 am
Exactly so.  I fully expect several of these guys to be bumped up to 4* after their senior season.  CBB & Co showed consistently last year that they were way ahead of the game in talent evaluation. HOW MANY times did it happen last year that a guy had few offers and was off the radar when CBB & Co offered???? LOTS!  We then saw Florida, Auburn, etc. move in and offer almost immediately afterward.  I recall that there were several threads in MMQB last year about how it appeared that other schools just waited and watched who Arkansas offered and then did the same. 

Time to chill out. Fully expect several of these 3* guys to be elevated to 4* after their senior year.  Failing that they certainly will be after Bama, Oklahoma,  and Auburn offer following CBB's lead.

And if they get bumps and eventually lured away the same people will find a way to blame the staff for "star chasing"
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

FraggleHog

Quote from: secneahog on June 28, 2016, 10:18:21 am
Wow, good stuff. #10 cb in florida???????

#10 CB in FL = #1 CB in most other states IMO
Calling the Hogs from DFW

hobhog

Quote from: RazorWhacker on June 28, 2016, 09:32:38 am
GET YO A$$ DOWN TO O SHAG HENNESSY'S OFFICE RIGHT NOW!!!!

Too funny.....