Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greg Little in Allen TX OT

Started by outlawhogeywells, December 03, 2015, 04:03:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

outlawhogeywells

Was looking at his profile on ESPN recruiting web site and I don't see an offer from US.  Looks like  he has already taken 4 visits.  Did we offer and it just doesn't show or did he inform us he had no interest in us?

snoop hawgy hawg

we did offer. I would crap bricks if we could get a blue chip left tackle like him, I think he is a bama lock.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Atlhogfan1

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/4642113-gregory-little-2016-recruiting-class-offensive-tackle-5-star-get-to-know-texas-am-commitment

"It's simple, according to Little. It'll be a smooth transition to the next level, and he loves it. "I like the offense because it's the same offense we run in high school, the spread, and the spread is more simple, more like my playing style," Little told Sporting News. "I'm athletic, I get downfield and get to the next level. In the pro-style you run the ball quite a few times, but in the spread you don't run it as much. I think there is some preservation of your body in (the spread) offense, too."

Doesn't seem like a fit for Bama.  Looks like the type of lineman perfect for OM and short yardage running failures. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Huds_HawgTide

Whoops...there is another linemen for next yr last name little
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

The_Iceman

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 03, 2015, 04:15:47 pm
http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football-news/4642113-gregory-little-2016-recruiting-class-offensive-tackle-5-star-get-to-know-texas-am-commitment

"It's simple, according to Little. It'll be a smooth transition to the next level, and he loves it. "I like the offense because it's the same offense we run in high school, the spread, and the spread is more simple, more like my playing style," Little told Sporting News. "I'm athletic, I get downfield and get to the next level. In the pro-style you run the ball quite a few times, but in the spread you don't run it as much. I think there is some preservation of your body in (the spread) offense, too."

Doesn't seem like a fit for Bama.  Looks like the type of lineman perfect for OM and short yardage running failures. 

Wuss. Let him go somewhere else.

zane

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 03, 2015, 04:30:50 pm

Can you imagine Dan Skipper saying something like that??
RIP LSUfan

rzrbackramsfan

Don't feel so bad about losing this kid now!

The_Iceman

Quote from: zane on December 03, 2015, 04:36:45 pm

Not even if being tortured by Jack Bauer.

flagstaffhog

I'm ignorant on this, but can someone enlighten me on the success of OL in the pro's who have come from a spread system versus the success of OL who come from traditional or pro style offensive systems?  I'll hang up and listen.....

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

JaketheSnake

Quote from: flagstaffhog on December 03, 2015, 05:20:01 pm
I'm ignorant on this, but can someone enlighten me on the success of OL in the pro's who have come from a spread system versus the success of OL who come from traditional or pro style offensive systems?  I'll hang up and listen.....

Go HOGS Go!
IMO, if you are good enough to get drafted and play it doesnt really matter what system you come from.  Extremes may have more of a learning curve, but it will be figured out. (GA Tech )

Theolesnort

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 03, 2015, 04:30:50 pm
Quote from: zane on December 03, 2015, 04:36:45 pm
Sounds like he shies away from physical American football as Bielema calls it. Let him play his seven on seven style throw it around sissy football. For a five star he doesn't seem to want to get ready to play for the pros in a pro style offense.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

TexHog188

He sounds like those tea sipping blue chippers that Charlie Strong is trying to mold into a football team.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

jgphillips3

Kids believe what they are told.  Coaches have told that kid those things to sell him on the spread offense. 

cardinalandwhite

If I'm Bielema, I lead with "Do you know Joe Thomas?"
"Wise people think all they say; fools say all they think." - Anonymous

31to6

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 03, 2015, 06:14:32 pm
Kids believe what they are told.  Coaches have told that kid those things to sell him on the spread offense. 
The irony is that pass blocking is generally considered a bit riskier for OL.

It is much easier to avoid falling badly or getting rolled up on when moving forward than it is backing up.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Serious question here. Who has Pittman recruited that has been a 1st-3rd round in the draft?  Or when/who was the last one?

King Kong

Quote from: HoneyNuttPetrinoos on December 04, 2015, 12:22:08 am
Serious question here. Who has Pittman recruited that has been a 1st-3rd round in the draft?  Or when/who was the last one?

Last one was 2013. 7th overall pick Johnathan Cooper

whosiskid

Just to add, I think Dan Enos coached a kid who was the #1 player taken in a draft. I may be wrong on that, but I seem to remember hearing that. I'm having one of my middle of the night insomnia episodes and am too groggy to look it up (must. crawl. back. into. bed.) but I'm pretty sure about that.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

King Kong

Quote from: whosiskid on December 04, 2015, 04:49:16 am
Just to add, I think Dan Enos coached a kid who was the #1 player taken in a draft. I may be wrong on that, but I seem to remember hearing that. I'm having one of my middle of the night insomnia episodes and am too groggy to look it up (must. crawl. back. into. bed.) but I'm pretty sure about that.

Yes, Enos coached this guy the #1 overall pick

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Fisher_(American_football)

PorkRinds

His resume will become even more impressive after this season, and next.  Tretola will go fairly high, Kirkland will go, and Skipper will likely go eventually as well.

theFlyingHog

So THAT'S how you get a lopsided karma! I've been wondering