Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Friday bits

Started by The Recruiting Guy, December 04, 2015, 09:30:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

colbs

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

LRHawg

Quote from: presidenthog on December 04, 2015, 01:45:41 pm
not sure how I feel about him taking this one this early and he bama one so late.

Better than no OV. Hopefully Bama doesn't win a 'ship this year.

JaketheSnake

ldfergu

When will we know about the "other highly recruited prospect" that is expected to visit?

navyhog24

With the dead period going half way into January, there are less oppotunties to get late visits with recruits, so him coming right before the dead period and when Agim is going to be here is big

PorkRinds

JaketheSnake

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 04, 2015, 02:09:23 pm
It's crazy watching his video and seeing a guy his size flat out run kids half his size.
Kid has some serious talent.  We need his genetics in the Fayet gene pool!

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: StoneTemplePiglets on December 04, 2015, 02:04:11 pm
When will we know about the "other highly recruited prospect" that is expected to visit?

Not sure. The kid may not want his name out.

Wildhog

The beanie he's wearing...  #GETLIVE40...

Is that his "brand?" Like what Fournette did?
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 04, 2015, 03:05:12 pm
Not sure. The kid may not want his name out.

I guess we will find out during the visit?

Nosboar Accubond

So is Devin White visiting this weekend??

King Kong

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on December 04, 2015, 03:28:19 pm
So is Devin White visiting this weekend??

He will be there later tonight

LRHawg

Quote from: Wildhog on December 04, 2015, 03:06:55 pm
The beanie he's wearing...  #GETLIVE40...

Is that his "brand?" Like what Fournette did?

As best I can tell, yes. I'm not down with the cool lingo these days though so I may be missing something. Btw, did you guys know skeet skeet isn't referring to shooting a clay pidgeon?

trphog

whosiskid

Devin White has been #1 on my wish list from Day One, in a tie with McTelvin Agim. Those two guys are simply not like other top prospects. I think both are actually underrated in part because they are so athletic that it is hard to believe. They both are extremely fast. Both are big guys. Both have what in high school would be considered sprinter's speed, and on a football field, both are significantly faster than someone their size is expected to be. Both will become the dominant player one either offense or defense should they come to Arkansas.

The secrecy surrounding Devin White's visit is, to my mind, a very good sign. Apparently he wanted to let people know about it by tweeting it. He is very big into social media and Arkansas fans are by far the most involved in that (which Devin loves). It is just very interesting that he announced Ole Miss and Alabama OVs but kept quiet about ours. What is unique is usually a good thing.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

hawginbigd1

Quote from: LRHawg on December 04, 2015, 03:55:33 pm
As best I can tell, yes. I'm not down with the cool lingo these days though so I may be missing something. Btw, did you guys know skeet skeet isn't referring to shooting a clay pidgeon?
Depends on if I am talking to my daughter, it is definitely about trap/clay shooting!

smokeyB_blues

It just me or is the fact that Devin's mom is coming to Fayetteville too that's a good sign considering the rumor that his mom wanted him to go to LSU and dad wanted Alabama

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

The Recruiting Guy

Jemal Singleton watching two running back targets tonight in the 7:09 update

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/dec/04/friday/

King Kong

Thomas's team is up 13-7 in the Second quarter

ricepig

duckman

Oklahawg

Quote from: Richard Davenport on December 04, 2015, 07:17:34 pm
Jemal Singleton watching two running back targets tonight in the 7:09 update

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2015/dec/04/friday/

Porter looks like a major stud.

I'll take the Manvel Safety, Anderson, as well. Oh, and offer Katy's Glass, who is just a freshman.

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

King Kong

December 04, 2015, 08:14:16 pm #78 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 08:37:38 pm by King Kong
Quote from: King Kong on December 04, 2015, 07:24:26 pm
Thomas's team is up 13-7 in the Second quarter

They are now up 27-7 in the 3rd. Looks like he will visit this weekend

Updated: 33-14 end of the 3rd. It appears Thomas will be visiting this weekend

RedyorNot

His number is 40 though, not 32.

ricepig

Quote from: RedyorNot on December 04, 2015, 08:17:02 pm
His number is 40 though, not 32.

Tell him that, it's his tweet.

colbs

RD, did the other recruit ever end up making the trip?

King Kong

Keir Thomas's team won tonight. 41-21

Looks like we will have another visiter this weekend

Country Stylz

December 04, 2015, 09:19:01 pm #84 Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 11:56:37 pm by Country Stylz
nm