Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Florida fans throw money at Auburn players, chant ‘F-B-I’

Started by jbcarol, February 25, 2018, 09:25:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

QuoteFans at the University of Florida had a nice reminder for the Tigers as they left the floor following a 72-66 loss to the Gators. As Auburn headed back to the locker room, Gator fans serenaded them with chants of 'F-B-I' while throwing dollar bills down at the players:

Barstool Sports‏Verified account @barstoolsports

Gators fans handing Auburn players money after the game while chanting "F-B-I"
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

What Bruce Pearl did with money Florida fans threw at players

QuotePearl didn't make much of the behavior of Florida fans after the Gators handed Auburn a 72-66 loss in Gainesville.

"Just college basketball," the head coach said after opposing fans tossed money at Auburn players while chanting "F-B-I" on Saturday evening.

Some Auburn players, including shooting guard Bryce Brown, weren't sure if fans threw real or fake money the Tigers way. Pearl confirmed it was real money and touched on his program's compliance regarding the matter.

"It was real money and I think there are $5 or $6 that is out there," said the head coach. "And because you know, we're compliant, we have actually turned that money over to compliance. Really. It was $5 or $6, but our people have the money. I don't know what they're going do with it. Probably give it to charity. But we have already self-reported it."

What irked Pearl more was Auburn's lack of execution early and the Tigers inability to get defensive stops late...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 25, 2018, 09:26:51 am
Well done Florida, well done!

The really funny part was the Old Barn players picking it up and taking it!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

AirWarren

HognitiveDissonance

Well, hopefully our students will cook up some ideas as well.

Does anyone have some J. Edgar Hoover cutouts to wave in front of Auburn free throw shooters?
Or maybe instead of the usual starting lineup 'Nice hair'...'What's that smell?'....they could do an 'F'....then a 'B'....then an 'I'....etc