Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sean Miller’s contract pays him more for getting fired with cause ($5M) than w/o

Started by checkraiser88, February 24, 2018, 04:39:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porkinsons disease

The whole system is out of whack. 1 and done is a problem. AAU is an issue. Shoe companies are bad. Miller basically had a license to cheat
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

jfred59

Maybe a we give you more money to keep your mouth shut

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

Dominicanhog

maybe the PTB @ AZ knew and were complicit.. Miller said "I'll do it, but if we get caught, I need a big contract to fall back on"..

TNhawgfan

I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

raz1965

jbcarol

Michael Carvell‏ @Michael_Carvell

Sean Miller will not coach against Oregon following ESPN report regarding DeAndre Ayton

Quote"The University of Arizona and head basketball coach Sean Miller have agreed that it is in best interests of the University and the basketball program that he will not coach tonight's game in Eugene, Oregon," the statement read. "Associate head coach Lorenzo Romar will coach in his place. Deandre Ayton is eligible and will play tonight.

Miller also issued a statement.

"I believe it is in the best interest in our team that I not coach our game tonight," the statement said. "I continue to fully support the University's efforts to fully investigate this matter and am confident that I will be vindicated. For now, my thoughts are with our team. They are a great group of young men that will support each other and continue their pursuit of winning the PAC-12 championship."

This comes a day after ESPN's Mark Schlabach reported that there was evidence that Miller discussed paying $100,000 to make sure  Ayton would sign with the Wildcats.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Inhogswetrust

Simply fire him and say isn't for cause. Yes I know it wouldn't be that simple.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jjdlc

I bet if Arizona fires him and decides to fight the payout they might actually get out of it based on the circumstances.  But yes, whoever wrote that contract...

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman
‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN
12h12 hours ago

No Sean Miller. No Allonzo Trier. Arizona loses on the road in overtime against Oregon. We'll see if the Wildcats get either back for Thursday vs. Stanford at home.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

rude1

Well we aren't the only ones to give out a dumb contract I guess. There is just so much money going around now that these AD's appear to believe they are playing with monopoly money. There seems to be no checks and balances in place these days to make sure contracts are structured properly so that the coach is compensated properly, yet the University doesn't payout a fortune when and if it becomes time to remove the coach. Surely this was error written into this contract that nobody dared read and correct.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rude1 on February 25, 2018, 12:16:24 pm
Well we aren't the only ones to give out a dumb contract I guess. There is just so much money going around now that these AD's appear to believe they are playing with monopoly money. There seems to be no checks and balances in place these days to make sure contracts are structured properly so that the coach is compensated properly, yet the University doesn't payout a fortune when and if it becomes time to remove the coach. Surely this was error written into this contract that nobody dared read and correct.

Either the schools lawyers are dumb or these are convenient accidents.
Hogs up! Covid down!

rude1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 25, 2018, 12:24:33 pm
Either the schools lawyers are dumb or these are convenient accidents.
Then the question is why? How does it benefit the University to stick it to themselves?

RebHog

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rude1 on February 25, 2018, 12:31:22 pm
Then the question is why? How does it benefit the University to stick it to themselves?

Everybody knows the risks so if they are going to stay at the top of the heap, they have to play ball. Miller got the results they wanted and they got to pretend they didn't know. If the sheet ever hit the fan, take your money and take the fall. Been nice knowing ya! We'll take it from here.
Hogs up! Covid down!

jbcarol

Matt Jones‏ @KySportsRadio

Four-star Arizona commit Shareef O'Neal after the Arizona news: "Don't want to be involved with that"

QuoteLast night, ESPN released a bombshell report that Arizona head coach Sean Miller organized a $100,000 payment to ensure No. 1 prospect DeAndre Ayton ended up in a Wildcat uniform.

Before it all released to the public, four-star Arizona commit Shareef O'Neal tweeted that he "didn't want to be involved with that."

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: raz1965 on February 25, 2018, 09:07:50 am
Strange, makes no sense , needs to be investigated as to why.
oh, it makes PERFECT sense. THIS is how a coach tells an ambitious school "ill do whatever it takes, just have my back monetarily if it blows up". And then people claim "it was an error " if it ever comes out. They just played the cheater's handbook play.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 26, 2018, 09:35:35 am
they knew about it. it was actually a selling point.
This seem like a classic PitP "I have a theory that I'm going to sell as absolute fact."

jbcarol

AL.com sports
‏Verified account @aldotcomSports
13h13 hours ago

Arizona president says Sean Miller will remain coach; Miller denies ESPN report  https://trib.al/3ZcEaYA