Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 24, 2024, 05:25:25 pm

Why Can't Mike win the big game

Started by hawgball40, February 22, 2018, 07:54:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoopS

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 24, 2018, 08:20:19 pm
leave in a huff? please. There is simply nothing to debate here. You and your little buddy are trying to redefine the term "Big Win" to suit your agenda, and i don't have time to waste with your ignorance. It's really that simple. And your anger can be seen through the vile speech and rhetoric of your posts. Keep it classy.
lol. Leave

Atlhogfan1

H40- there is a pygmy version of this board where hoops hides out.  If you want to leave and follow him over there I'll pm you the site.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

BoarEd

leave in a huff? please. There is simply nothing to debate here. You and your little buddy are trying to redefine the term "Big Win" to suit your agenda, and i don't have time to waste with your ignorance. It's really that simple. And your anger can be seen through the vile speech and rhetoric of your posts. Keep it classy.

I thought you were leaving?

Randohoggie

You are a [CENSORED] bag.

azhog10

Quote from: daprospecta on February 24, 2018, 07:13:49 pm
This was a big game and we just won.
This was only a big game if we lost. It's not like it would have kept us out of the playoffs if we would have lost potentially. We needed to win at least one more game to be in the NCAA and no game left was going to be easy.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: azhog10 on February 24, 2018, 08:34:05 pm
This was only a big game if we lost. It's not like it would have kept us out of the playoffs if we would have lost potentially. We needed to win at least one more game to be in the NCAA and no game left was going to be easy.

Good post az. Well said. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

HoopS

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 24, 2018, 08:29:31 pm
H40- there is a pygmy version of this board where hoops hides out.  If you want to leave and follow him over there I'll pm you the site.
Lol. Hides out. Yep ok.

Hogz87

Quote from: sowmonella on February 24, 2018, 07:47:49 pm
Come and get it. Admit when you are wrong.
To be fair to the OP (who I don't necessarily agree with), this technically wouldn't have been the "big win" on our remaining schedule after the Kentucky game.  The next possible "big win" for Mike really is a win at Auburn on Tuesday. 

Don't get me wrong, a road win against an Alabama team that most "experts" had in the tournament as an 8-seed or 9-seed is a big win in my opinion, but in terms of potential program changing "big wins", that type of game is reserved for what we have coming up on Tuesday night.

Randohoggie

That doesn't make sense.  If it is a big game if you lost, then it is big that you won.  Because if you lost ... well ...

Think.

daprospecta

You don't know what you are talking about. It has been said that we'd be in even if we lost our last three but we just won a road game against a tourney team and you are claiming we still need one more.  Get off hogville and go check out the landscape of cbb.

BoarEd

Quote from: Hogz87 on February 24, 2018, 08:37:16 pm
To be fair to the OP (who I don't necessarily agree with), this technically wouldn't have been the "big win" on our remaining schedule after the Kentucky game.  The next possible "big win" for Mike really is a win at Auburn on Tuesday. 

Don't get me wrong, a road win against an Alabama team that most "experts" had in the tournament as an 8-seed or 9-seed is a big win in my opinion, but in terms of potential program changing "big wins", that type of game is reserved for what we have coming up on Tuesday night.

Every game you win makes the next game even bigger. As I said early on, the beauty of this idiotic premise is the troll can simply say that every game is less important than the next.

Thanks for verifying.

azhog10

Quote from: daprospecta on February 24, 2018, 08:38:43 pm
You don't know what you are talking about. It has been said that we'd be in even if we lost our last three but we just won a road game against a tourney team and you are claiming we still need one more.  Get off hogville and go check out the landscape of cbb.
I was being sarcastic. I believe today was a really big win and think we are solidly in.

azhog10

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 24, 2018, 08:37:28 pm
That doesn't make sense.  If it is a big game if you lost, then it is big that you won.  Because if you lost ... well ...

Think.
Dear god! Sarcasm folks.

hawgball40

Today may have been a big win for our tournament hopes, but what i meant in the op by "The Big Game". is exactly what the big game means in every other sport. Any other interpretation of what I have said is a weak attempt to twist my words in order to refute the truth of my argument by shifting the goal posts in your favor. So go ahead and continue to cry. And naturally other little trolls on this board will agree with you and you can all have a fun little circle jerk soothing your ego's and defending your beloved razorbacks. But i'm going to be living in reality, remembering that Arkansas is supposed to be an elite team again, and we have to win "The Big Game" to do so. And as another poster mentioned, the game coming up vs Auburn obviously qualifies as "The Big Game" which i was referencing. So here's to hoping that we beat Auburn on Tuesday, and you will finally have some evidence to refute my assertion. But, there will always be the big let downs like Kentucky, LSU, etc to counter. Mike doesn't win big games, because he's a stubborn coach who doesn't make adjustments. The sad thing is he is the best coach we've had since nolan

hawgball40

Quote from: Randohoggie on February 24, 2018, 08:33:24 pm
You are a [CENSORED] bag.
You are unhinged and emotionally unstable. So now i feel bad for even telling you that. Please don't harm yourself or others.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 24, 2018, 09:15:50 pm
You are unhinged and emotionally unstable. So now i feel bad for even telling you that. Please don't harm yourself or others.

Ok.  I can get well.  You'll always be stupid.

Randohoggie

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 24, 2018, 09:12:53 pm
Today may have been a big win for our tournament hopes, but what i meant in the op by "The Big Game". is exactly what the big game means in every other sport. Any other interpretation of what I have said is a weak attempt to twist my words in order to refute the truth of my argument by shifting the goal posts in your favor. So go ahead and continue to cry. And naturally other little trolls on this board will agree with you and you can all have a fun little circle jerk soothing your ego's and defending your beloved razorbacks. But i'm going to be living in reality, remembering that Arkansas is supposed to be an elite team again, and we have to win "The Big Game" to do so. And as another poster mentioned, the game coming up vs Auburn obviously qualifies as "The Big Game" which i was referencing. So here's to hoping that we beat Auburn on Tuesday, and you will finally have some evidence to refute my assertion. But, there will always be the big let downs like Kentucky, LSU, etc to counter. Mike doesn't win big games, because he's a stubborn coach who doesn't make adjustments. The sad thing is he is the best coach we've had since nolan
he changed and played zone tonight and to tell you the truth winning at Alabama will go farther than beating Kentucky at home. So yes he changed and won the big game
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

hawgball40

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 24, 2018, 09:33:51 pm
he changed and played zone tonight and to tell you the truth winning at Alabama will go farther than beating Kentucky at home. So yes he changed and won the big game
This is not "The Big Game" by any standard. Games vs Kentucky and Florida are big games. Games vs ranked opponents are big games. Not games vs middle of the pack, 17-11 bama. Good grief man. You people and your spin on everything is ridiculous. They should change the title of the forum to "Comrade Anderson's Loyal Support Brigade". The place has lost all objectivity. I thought the Bielema lovers were intolerable, you people are just as bad

forrest city joe

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 24, 2018, 09:12:53 pm
You made a fool out of yourself and you lost hater.people see you for what are.Mike Anderson and the hogs won.and you can't stand it.admit it hater.

hawgball40

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 24, 2018, 09:33:51 pm
about the zone, yeah. we've went to it at times, with some success. I would have liked to see us try a straight up man or match up zone vs kentucky. maybe press them in the early going, then keep switching things up. But then we still have the problem of not being able to score vs their length.

hawgball40

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 24, 2018, 09:38:55 pm
You made a fool out of yourself and you lost hater.people see you for what are.Mike Anderson and the hogs won.and you can't stand it.admit it hater.
You should read that first sentence and then look in the mirror. you are literally too dumb to insult. you'd simply ignore it.

KlubhouseKonnected

If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

k.c.hawg

Guy robs store, leaves drivers license on counter, police waiting on him when he returns home.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 28, 2018, 03:01:57 pm
Guy robs store, leaves drivers license on counter, police waiting on him when he returns home.

Ha
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.