Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sec Standings - All seeds set

Started by Dr. Starcs, February 10, 2018, 09:51:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

February 10, 2018, 09:51:43 pm Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 10:26:52 pm by Dr. Starcs
* denotes locked seed

1. * Auburn 13-5
2. * Tennessee 13-5
3. * Florida 11-7
4. * Kentucky 10-8
5. * Missouri 10-8
6. * ARKANSAS 10-8
7. * Mississippi St 9-9
8. * Texas A&M 9-9
9. * Alabama 8-10
10. * Lsu 8-10
11. * South Carolina 7-11
12. * Georgia 7-11
13. * Vanderbilt 6-12
14. * Ole Miss 5-13

311Hog

can still that double bye in the SEC T.  Though if we go 3-3 I believe we are in. A lot of big games coming up.  Lucky 3 are at home.

razCzar

Posted this previously on game thread:

SEC STANDINGS
AU   10-2
TN    8-4
FL     8-4
MO   7-5
AL    7-5
AR   6-6
AM   6-6
MSU 6-6
KY   6-6
LSU 5-7
GA   4-8
SC   4-8
OM   4-8
VU    3-9

Atlhogfan1

Schedules left of the teams around us in standings:
Mizzou: A&M, @LSU, OM, @UK, @V, Hogs

Bama: LSU, @UK, @AU, Hogs, Fl, @A&M

MSU: @V, OM, @A&M, SC, Tenn, @LSU

UK: @AU, Bama, @Hogs, Mizzou, OM, @Fl

A&M:  @Mizzou, @Hogs, MSU, @V, @UGa, Bama

These all look like 3-3 schedules including ours except maybe A&M. They appear to have it together finally although they have 4 road games left.  Going to be an interesting finish as far as SECT seeding. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 10, 2018, 11:12:54 pm
Schedules left of the teams around us in standings:
Mizzou: A&M, @LSU, OM, @UK, @V, Hogs

Bama: LSU, @UK, @AU, Hogs, Fl, @A&M

MSU: @V, OM, @A&M, SC, Tenn, @LSU

UK: @AU, Bama, @Hogs, Mizzou, OM, @Fl

A&M:  @Mizzou, @Hogs, MSU, @V, @UGa, Bama

These all look like 3-3 schedules including ours except maybe A&M. They appear to have it together finally although they have 4 road games left.  Going to be an interesting finish as far as SECT seeding.
Seriously A&M might sweep those, they are playing like the team I thought they would be.

hogsanity

what is hurting the Hogs right now is that 4 of their sec losses are to teams below them in the standings 9 although the A&M loss looks less bad every day ).
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TNhawgfan

I could seriously see UK ending up with a below .500 conference record. They have 3 tough road games and bama left
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

cram224

Who do you think we will play in first game in SECT. I'm thinking Thursday vs Bama. What does everybody else think.

hogwood

AL and UK have the most unfavorable schedules. We probably have the most favorable. If we can go 5-1 we will jump a lot teams. Or even 4-2.

jabber71

We are favored against Auburn, A&M KY, & MS State and I have a feeling we will steal one at Miss, we will slip into the 4 spot and win our 1st SEC tourney game.
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

TNhawgfan

Quote from: hogwood on February 12, 2018, 09:11:06 am
AL and UK have the most unfavorable schedules. We probably have the most favorable. If we can go 5-1 we will jump a lot teams. Or even 4-2.
5-1? Are you serious? We don't have an easy win left on the schedule. We'll be doing good to go 3-3

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogsanity on February 10, 2018, 11:42:43 pm
what is hurting the Hogs right now is that 4 of their sec losses are to teams below them in the standings 9 although the A&M loss looks less bad every day ).

The two losses to LSU are flat out pitiful. Mike should be embarrassed.

hog golf

Quote from: jabber71 on February 12, 2018, 09:38:10 am
We are favored against Auburn, A&M KY, & MS State and I have a feeling we will steal one at Miss, we will slip into the 4 spot and win our 1st SEC tourney game.
being favored to win and actually winning are two different things. I don't like our chances against AM, KY nor AU.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

TNhawgfan

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 12, 2018, 09:48:54 am
If we draw them in the SEC tournament, they'll beat us again. We can't stop their pg from getting anywhere he wants on the court which leads to wide open shots

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 12, 2018, 09:48:54 am

The one at home is what's setting the Hogs back so far. Should be 7-5 right now but the hogs don't match up well with LSU.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: TNhawgfan on February 12, 2018, 09:44:32 am
5-1? Are you serious? We don't have an easy win left on the schedule. We'll be doing good to go 3-3
the 1st part of your statement is true, the second not so much. We get Barn, Kentucky, and Aggie at home. Should win all 3. @ Ole Miss, win. @Bama and @Mizzou are coin flips as well. This team should go 5-1 imo, or the just havent improved like every other MA team does.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The_Iceman

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 12, 2018, 10:22:18 am
the 1st part of your statement is true, the second not so much. We get Barn, Kentucky, and Aggie at home. Should win all 3. @ Ole Miss, win. @Bama and @Mizzou are coin flips as well. This team should go 5-1 imo, or the just havent improved like every other MA team does.

@Bama and @Mizzou are about as guaranteed as you can get for a Loss. We absolutely will not win either of those games.

RaisinHog

Bama has a freaking gauntlet left ..

jabber71

IMO if we win at either MO or Alabama it would be huge. If we win the ones we should and take 1 of those we would be in 4th in the SEC riding a wave into the Tourney. I just get the feeling that Macon and Barford will want to make a huge statement with their last games. They can greatly increase their draft possibilities with a strong finish to their senior season
You can't always convince someone you are right, but you can always convince them you think you're right!

razorback1829

Quote from: jabber71 on February 12, 2018, 10:41:28 am
IMO if we win at either MO or Alabama it would be huge. If we win the ones we should and take 1 of those we would be in 4th in the SEC riding a wave into the Tourney. I just get the feeling that Macon and Barford will want to make a huge statement with their last games. They can greatly increase their draft possibilities with a strong finish to their senior season

We have very good and very talented guards. Definitely is going to be a major key coming down the stretch. Gafford is coming back to life. Gabe O has added a much needed energy spike this team needed. Look to close strong down the stretch as we regain our swagger. Ole Miss game is key. We come out and jump on them, we'll know we have turned that corner. This team is primed for this time of the year.

311Hog

Quote from: jabber71 on February 12, 2018, 10:41:28 am

My thinking is that Ole Miss is a very winnable road game, though we have often lost there. So start this thing off with a win at Ole Miss (i dont care by how much or how ugly just win).  Then you got 3 homes games all of which are against top programs 1 on fire, one ok, and Kentucky whom is having their issues but extreme talent can turn on a dime.  i would think it is very unlikely that we lose all 3 my feeling is that we would and could go 2-1 in those games with a close loss and it wouldn't be a big deal.

Then as it has been mentioned the momentum would come down to road games at bama and missou.  Missou will likely have their NBA player back by the time we play them hopefully he won't be in game shape and they run to much through him and we can get a win there.

If we drop both road games here i feel like we gotta win a game or two in the tourney to assure our place as an at large in the big dance.

But hell 6 games and at least half of the teams will be ranked maybe even inside the top 10.

Dr. Starcs

311Hog

razorhead94

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 12, 2018, 10:25:17 am
@Bama and @Mizzou are about as guaranteed as you can get for a Loss. We absolutely will not win either of those games.

Just like Ole Miss?  You predicted a double digit loss
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

The_Iceman

Quote from: razorhead94 on February 14, 2018, 09:47:20 am
Just like Ole Miss?  You predicted a double digit loss

I didn't realize how bad Ole Miss was and that their coach literally quit on them (i thought he was fired). I was basing my prediction off of their previous poor road performances.

If you want to go throw money at them winning at Mizzou or Bama, go right ahead. I sure as hell wont.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 14, 2018, 10:02:37 am
I didn't realize how bad Ole Miss was and that their coach literally quit on them (i thought he was fired). I was basing my prediction off of their previous poor road performances.

If you want to go throw money at them winning at Mizzou or Bama, go right ahead. I sure as hell wont.

Only a forest city joe or kool-aid drinker would  :puke:

forrest city joe

No that's not it. you thought and hoped the Hogs would lose.and when they kicked Ole Miss,you start crying about how bad Ole Miss is. trying to take away from the win.IT's not working!i see through your BS.

hogwildjoshua

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 14, 2018, 10:10:19 am
No that's not it. you thought and hoped the Hogs would lose.and when they kicked Ole Miss,you start crying about how bad Ole Miss is. trying to take away from the win.IT's not working!i see through your BS.

GET ER DONE JOE!!!

hawgball40

As an aside, ya'll notice how the kentucky trolls that normally roam our board all basketball season have all disappeared as of late?

hawgball40

man you don't know your ass from a hole in the wall

The_Iceman

Are you seriously going to try and argue that Ole Miss wasn't a complete dumpster fire and that their coach had quit on them, and the team on their coach? The coach flat out admitted that his team quit and no one was even trying. But let's give Mike another 5 year extension for beating these teams:

The_Iceman

Quote from: hawgball40 on February 14, 2018, 10:26:42 am
As an aside, ya'll notice how the kentucky trolls that normally roam our board all basketball season have all disappeared as of late?

I think this is a common ground we can all be happy about. Suck it Big Blue Nation!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 14, 2018, 10:34:24 am
Are you seriously going to try and argue that Ole Miss wasn't a complete dumpster fire and that their coach had quit on them, and the team on their coach? The coach flat out admitted that his team quit and no one was even trying. But let's give Mike another 5 year extension for beating these teams:

I'm not a big Mike Anderson supporter but this was an SEC Road win in a year that the SEC is stronger than it has been in many years so I'll take it. The odds of them getting another road win aren't good.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pork Grind

Maybe there's a lot of things "you don't realize", and therefore your opinion is baseless? Just a thought

The_Iceman

Quote from: GuvHog on February 14, 2018, 10:43:35 am
I'm not a big Mike Anderson supporter but this was an SEC Road win in a year that the SEC is stronger than it has been in many years so I'll take it. The odds of them getting another road win aren't good.

I'm certainly not upset we won. Heck, I watched the game, the warmachine highlights, and the SEC Network breakdown. I just believe this was a game we should expect to win and act like it once it is over. Praising Mike for beating this horrible Ole Miss team when we have 6 seniors, two All SEC guards, and an NBA 1st Round Center just seems over the top.

We are two LSU losses and a Mississippi State loss away from being .5 game back of 1st. Games we should have won considering those previously stated factors and having a 7th year coach. This season just feels like a missed opportunity.

hogsanity

Quote from: Pork Grind on February 14, 2018, 10:52:05 am
Maybe there's a lot of things "you don't realize", and therefore your opinion is baseless? Just a thought

Here is another thought. Your acct is a alter ego of someone else. This acct was created in 2016, had 4 posts, then nothing for over a yr and you show back up to take a swipe at a poster. Yea, real subtle.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Breems

I'm confident we'll beat UK and pretty confident we'll beat A&M. Concerned about AU and @MO. @AL is my only sure loss because Sexton will rip us a new one.

A 4-1 finish would be a miracle. 3-2 would be great. My guess is we'll all be nervous on Selection Sunday.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

The_Iceman

Quote from: Breems on February 14, 2018, 11:06:44 am
I'm confident we'll beat UK and pretty confident we'll beat A&M. Concerned about AU and @MO. @AL is my only sure loss because Sexton will rip us a new one.

A 4-1 finish would be a miracle. 3-2 would be great. My guess is we'll all be nervous on Selection Sunday.

I can't see us losing to Kentucky. They can't score, and BWA will be rockin. Should be 19,000 there. A&M will be tougher with their big men, but should be a win as well.

Like you said, the other 3 will be very tough. We won't win the last 2 road games. Auburn is a bad matchup for us because they can score.

elksnort

I realize that Ole Miss was/is struggling, but to not have Barford and Macon not score much and still win by double digits on the road IS something to be pleased about. Gabe and Hall absolutely need more minutes. What do we have? 6 games remaining?

I'd say 4-2 would be a nice finish. I believe that they can do this also.

Polecat

Quote from: Breems on February 14, 2018, 11:06:44 am

I think a 9-9 conference record along with a win in the SECT would get us an NCAAA berth. But yeah, I'd be sweatin all weekend heading into Selection Sunday
Arkansas born and raised. 1999 UA alum

SPAL

Anyone saying we should beat AM or Auburn blows my mind. We could beat them, but I wouldn't say it's something we should do. We don't match up well with TAMU.

Rawker

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 14, 2018, 10:55:30 am
I'm certainly not upset we won. Heck, I watched the game, the warmachine highlights, and the SEC Network breakdown. I just believe this was a game we should expect to win and act like it once it is over. Praising Mike for beating this horrible Ole Miss team when we have 6 seniors, two All SEC guards, and an NBA 1st Round Center just seems over the top.

We are two LSU losses and a Mississippi State loss away from being .5 game back of 1st. Games we should have won considering those previously stated factors and having a 7th year coach. This season just feels like a missed opportunity.

I respect your fandom and enthusiasm for the program, but this, "and having a 7th year coach," is totally...TOTALLY dumb coming from anyone.  Having a 7th year coach means you should always win against any lesser team?  I guess Coach K should quit for getting knocked out by Mercer in Round 1 a few years ago.  I don't know how many times I can say it, but again it sounds like something coming from someone who's never played anything, and I'm sure you'll come back and say you've been great at playing this and that.  If so, you know that bad days and good days happen while PLAYING, know matter how much you've been coached up or have coached yourself up.  I'm with you...LSU losses (although the Hogs biggest buggaboo is a good point guard, partly because they don't have one and can't practice against one, and LSU has a great little PG) and MSST loss totally sucked, especially in hindsight, but bringing in the length of MAs tenure is dumb.  Barnes has been coaching for a long time....victory there....Martin has been coaching for a long time (and there was a whole thread of fans pining for his to come to UA for some retarded reason)....victory there....this non-stop, vomit-inducing, all coaching, all the time, broken-record bullcrap is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo f*******************g ooooooooooooooooooooooooooold.     

The_Iceman

Quote from: Rawker on February 14, 2018, 11:35:41 am
I respect your fandom and enthusiasm for the program, but this, "and having a 7th year coach," is totally...TOTALLY dumb coming from anyone.  Having a 7th year coach means you should always win against any lesser team?  I guess Coach K should quit for getting knocked out by Mercer in Round 1 a few years ago.  I don't know how many times I can say it, but again it sounds like something coming from someone who's never played anything, and I'm sure you'll come back and say you've been great at playing this and that.  If so, you know that bad days and good days happen while PLAYING, know matter how much you've been coached up or have coached yourself up.  I'm with you...LSU losses (although the Hogs biggest buggaboo is a good point guard, partly because they don't have one and can't practice against one, and LSU has a great little PG) and MSST loss totally sucked, especially in hindsight, but bringing in the length of MAs tenure is dumb.  Barnes has been coaching for a long time....victory there....Martin has been coaching for a long time (and there was a whole thread of fans pining for his to come to UA for some retarded reason)....victory there....this non-stop, vomit-inducing, all coaching, all the time, broken-record bullcrap is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo f*******************g ooooooooooooooooooooooooooold.     

We are still not securely in the NCAA Tournament. It will take a 3-2 finish to possibly get there.

The reason I say 7th year coach is because If he happens to miss the NCAA Tournament this year, which is still a poasibility, we could be looking after next season of having a coach with 8 years at Arkansas and only 2 NCAA Tournament Appearances and never past the 2nd round.

That's why it matters.

BannerMountainMan

Usually when Anderson's teams get hot
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

The_Iceman

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 14, 2018, 11:57:35 am
Usually when Anderson's teams get hot

Except in 2014, when he flopped at the end of the season and missed the tournament easily within grasp.

This is a very tough 5 game stretch that Mike needs to go 3-2 to have a chance at making the tournament.

311Hog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 14, 2018, 11:58:57 am
Except in 2014, when he flopped at the end of the season and missed the tournament easily within grasp.

This is a very tough 5 game stretch that Mike needs to go 3-2 to have a chance at making the tournament.

lol really?

if we go 3-2 in the next 5 we are likely 4th in the SEC and have a double by and would be easily in the big dance.

hell if we go 2-3 and finish 9-9 we are in the big dance.  Win in the SEC tourney would be icing on that cake.

Anything less than 9-9 finish and i would start to worry about missing the big dance unless a deep SEC tourney run happened.

Next1_04

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 12, 2018, 10:25:17 am

We weren't going to beat ole miss either according to you...lint licker.

The_Iceman

Quote from: 311Hog on February 14, 2018, 12:07:28 pm
lol really?

if we go 3-2 in the next 5 we are likely 4th in the SEC and have a double by and would be easily in the big dance.

hell if we go 2-3 and finish 9-9 we are in the big dance.  Win in the SEC tourney would be icing on that cake.

Anything less than 9-9 finish and i would start to worry about missing the big dance unless a deep SEC tourney run happened.

You are right. My math was off. 2-3 is what we need to do to make the NCAA Tournament. 9-9 gets us in.

311Hog

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 14, 2018, 12:14:14 pm
You are right. My math was off. 2-3 is what we need to do to make the NCAA Tournament. 9-9 gets us in.

the teams left are all good so barring a blow out no bad losses there.  go 2-1 at home and steal one on the road ? or hold serve at home all those would be big wins i mean all 5 teams were or are ranked Missou might be by the time we play and they might have their NBA player back.

onebadrubi