Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eibner just got the call.

Started by k.c.hawg, May 26, 2016, 03:22:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

Very glad to see him get a chance with Gordon on the DL. Very sad to say Moustakas goes to the DL with a torn ACL. That was one bad collision that looked innocent enough when it happened. Left fielder breaks a bone in the wrist and third baseman tears his ACL. Hoping Eibner seizes his opportunity. Had great #'s at AAA, .309 10 HR and an OPS of like .980.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: k.c.hawg on May 26, 2016, 03:22:53 pm
Very glad to see him get a chance with Gordon on the DL. Very sad to say Moustakas goes to the DL with a torn ACL. That was one bad collision that looked innocent enough when it happened. Left fielder breaks a bone in the wrist and third baseman tears his ACL. Hoping Eibner seizes his opportunity. Had great #'s at AAA, .309 10 HR and an OPS of like .980.
Hate it for those that are injured....excited for Eibner....hope he does well. 

cosmodrum

Hate it for Moose (and Gordon), but I'm stoked to see Eibner in the K.
Go away, batin'

hoghappy

I'm hoping that he's still up there when our family is there anything n July for the Mariners series.

k.c.hawg

I was surprised that they said Morales having a situation with a couple of fingers being the reason for his call up. He will DH tonight while Dyson and Orlando play the corner outfield spots.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Rockhawg

The infusion of new blood could help the Royals this year IMO. I loved seeing Perez give Eibner a gatorade bath last night! That's how you should start a big league career!

Rockhawg

Oh,by the way, Brett received a standing ovation for a sacrifice bunt after he had a rally starting double the inning before. He could easily be a fan favorite this year with a couple of more breaks here and there.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Rockhawg on May 28, 2016, 07:36:24 am
Oh,by the way, Brett received a standing ovation for a sacrifice bunt after he had a rally starting double the inning before. He could easily be a fan favorite this year with a couple of more breaks here and there.

He actually missed a sign when he bunted but it turned out the bunt created an opportunity for an insurance run. After the game Ned was his usual self saying "it's alright son, no one on this team knows the signs"

cosmodrum

What a debut! He stroked that double.
Go away, batin'

tucsonhogfan

PorcineSublime

Had walk off game winning single today. Sadly there is just not room for him in the field. Maybe he can make the best of this opportunity and at least get a shot at a trade. He is sure showing he can handle pressure. Nothing like standing at the plate in the bottom of the 9th tied and delivering a 3-2 base hit.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Rockhawg

What a start!!! I am so proud of him for hanging in there. I think you are so right about him getting a shot to stay in the Bigs with a trade either him going or someone else. The Royals are really deep in Outfield talent right now. I would love to see him stroke one out tomorrow against Chris Sale. That would get someone's attention.

bulldog04

Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 28, 2016, 05:00:37 pm
Had walk off game winning single today. Sadly there is just not room for him in the field. Maybe he can make the best of this opportunity and at least get a shot at a trade. He is sure showing he can handle pressure. Nothing like standing at the plate in the bottom of the 9th tied and delivering a 3-2 base hit.
Eibner has always been clutch.  He has a knack for coming thru when the team needs him

westside_player

bulldog04

k.c.hawg

Quote from: PorcineSublime on May 28, 2016, 05:00:37 pm

My hope is this. Morales is coming back soon but with Gordon out another month at least, there is a good chance the Royals will retain 5 true outfielders. So, hopefully he get's 30 games to rotate into the outfield, DH some and let the Royals get a good look. Dyson got $1.75m this year and offers great defense and speed that kills but no pop. That is a perfect target for an NL team especially with Dyson still having another year of team control. Orlando has outplayed Dyson and has several years of team control. For the Royals to sign some more of their core they are going to need some cheap alternatives at several positions. I'm hoping Eibner becomes one of those. A plus defender, good arm, good speed, good pop. He almost got his first homer yesterday, hit the lower part of the wall on his double. He really needs to keep taking advantage of this opportunity. The Royals are notorious for not giving up on prospects, he was a 2nd round guy that would be up with at least half the teams in baseball right now. Dyson will be an expensive (for the Royals, probably $3m next year) 4th outfielder if Orlando keeps playing as he is. Eibner and Orlando look much more like MLB corner outfielders and Eibner could be their plan for CF in 2018 when Cain is going to be $$$$. And if none of this is to be, Eibner would be a nice trade piece with a good showing and could go somewhere and flourish as an everyday player. As a huge Royals fan I sure hope I get the chance to see him at the ballpark everyday for years to come.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: k.c.hawg on May 29, 2016, 10:53:28 am
My hope is this. Morales is coming back soon but with Gordon out another month at least, there is a good chance the Royals will retain 5 true outfielders. So, hopefully he get's 30 games to rotate into the outfield, DH some and let the Royals get a good look. Dyson got $1.75m this year and offers great defense and speed that kills but no pop. That is a perfect target for an NL team especially with Dyson still having another year of team control. Orlando has outplayed Dyson and has several years of team control. For the Royals to sign some more of their core they are going to need some cheap alternatives at several positions. I'm hoping Eibner becomes one of those. A plus defender, good arm, good speed, good pop. He almost got his first homer yesterday, hit the lower part of the wall on his double. He really needs to keep taking advantage of this opportunity. The Royals are notorious for not giving up on prospects, he was a 2nd round guy that would be up with at least half the teams in baseball right now. Dyson will be an expensive (for the Royals, probably $3m next year) 4th outfielder if Orlando keeps playing as he is. Eibner and Orlando look much more like MLB corner outfielders and Eibner could be their plan for CF in 2018 when Cain is going to be $$$$. And if none of this is to be, Eibner would be a nice trade piece with a good showing and could go somewhere and flourish as an everyday player. As a huge Royals fan I sure hope I get the chance to see him at the ballpark everyday for years to come.
Thanks for the breakdown. Perhaps there could be hope yet in KC for him.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Hogs run wild

We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

JHicks3636

2 more hits in last night's game with a walk thrown in and is hitting .455 with an OBP of .500 after his first few games. He won't keep up this pace but a nice way to get some attention early on.

k.c.hawg

Double off the top of the wall off of Smyley and then what looked like a very scary injury chasing down a ball in left center. First reaction after flipping the ball to Caine was to grab his achilles. Hoping it is just an ankle. It would be devastating for this kid to have a  major injury right now. He is truly living the dream, and doing it very well. Wishing the young man good health and a speedy recovery!!

pork in the whiskers

Quote from: k.c.hawg on May 31, 2016, 09:26:11 pm
Double off the top of the wall off of Smyley and then what looked like a very scary injury chasing down a ball in left center. First reaction after flipping the ball to Caine was to grab his achilles. Hoping it is just an ankle. It would be devastating for this kid to have a  major injury right now. He is truly living the dream, and doing it very well. Wishing the young man good health and a speedy recovery!!

That really sucks... I had just checked box to see how he was doing tonight. Wondered why he got replaced by Dyson. Thanks for info. Hope the kid is okay. He has really made an impression with
this opportunity.