Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do you pull for now?

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 21, 2016, 10:21:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogs are out. Which team do you pull for now, if any?

A&M
2 (3.2%)
MSU
4 (6.3%)
USCe
1 (1.6%)
Florida
4 (6.3%)
LSU
5 (7.9%)
Ole MIss
0 (0%)
Vandy
8 (12.7%)
Bama
1 (1.6%)
Kentucky
0 (0%)
Georgia
0 (0%)
Missouri
0 (0%)
Tenn
0 (0%)
Auburn
0 (0%)
The underdog for each game
13 (20.6%)
I never, ever, ever route for another SEC team
14 (22.2%)
On occasion I will route for another SEC team, but not now.
11 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: May 28, 2016, 10:21:54 am

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

With the Hogs playing their last game today (Saturday) , do you have another team that you will route for to win the SECT or do you only route for the Hogs and never, ever, ever, route for another SEC team? Or, maybe perhaps you occasionally route for another SEC team, but not this time? Maybe just the underdogs?

NMMIHog

Maddhog

That's difficult but I dislike Vandy the least.  OTOH I somewhat resent Vandy's ability to sweeten the pot for recruits.  It's not illegal but it is an advantage. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

JHicks3636

I'm so disappointed in the season and ready for it to end that I think I'll just sit out the post season for College.

3kgthog

No one. I'd rather all the other SEC teams lose at regionals. It doesn't help or hurt the Hogs if others win or lose, so what do I care?

Wisco Pig

I'm with JHicks.   I usually at least toy with the idea of driving over to Omaha for the CWS, but not this year.

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Knot2brite

Coastal Carolina because they have one of the most beautiful complexes and the mascot is interesting or mercer because they are a bomb factory
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Maddhog

I love college baseball so I will follow the postseason games. It just won't be as much fun.  I have never cared much for the conference tournament but I like the regionals. 

I just hope we keep our class together. 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

PorkRyan

yraciv

I'll probably root for Vandy in NCAA's, but SEC tournament in baseball is kind of meaningless.  I'll probably root for chaos to get an extra SEC team in the field.

WilsonHog

Ole Miss, because my two closest friends are Ole Miss grads. Because their son is a Notre Dame fan, if the Irish are in the NCAAs I'll pull for them. We all pull for each other's teams.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

BroyledNutts

Quote from: PorkRyan on May 21, 2016, 02:24:23 pm
I will root for chaos.

I like that ... I'm with you. If we can't be in it, let's make it fun to watch.

Dr. Starcs

No!!!!!! To Vandy and ther stupid whistle happy fans.

TechDawg-Hawg

You should root for Louisiana Tech. 37-16, RPI down to 36, winning record vs top 50, just swept Rice to finish regular season.

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: Kevin on May 21, 2016, 02:19:48 pm
No one

Agreed! I hope no one from SEC gets to Omaha! I know It's a pipe dream!

Quote from: Maddhog on May 21, 2016, 12:52:50 pm
That's difficult but I dislike Vandy the least.  OTOH I somewhat resent Vandy's ability to sweeten the pot for recruits.  It's not illegal but it is an advantage. 
How do you mean?

Shrevepork

Quote from: TechDawg-Hawg on May 21, 2016, 06:27:46 pm
You should root for Louisiana Tech. 37-16, RPI down to 36, winning record vs top 50, just swept Rice to finish regular season.

I think La Tech stole our mojo. They jelled while we went to pieces.

HogNDas

Quote from: WilsonHog on May 21, 2016, 03:45:53 pm
Ole Miss, because my two closest friends are Ole Miss grads. Because their son is a Notre Dame fan, if the Irish are in the NCAAs I'll pull for them. We all pull for each other's teams.
and Pags is a rebel...

HogNDas

Quote from: Karma on May 21, 2016, 08:06:42 pm
How do you mean?
The baseball roster is 35.  Everyone in the SEC except Vandy has 12 schollies to divide amongst the players.  Some payers get 1/2 or 1/3 of a scholly & so on.  Vandy has some kind of deal where they can give their players FULL rides.  I'm not sure on the specifics of it, but maybe someone else can elaborate.  I think LSU has some kind of "legal", but questionable deal as well. 

ricepig

Quote from: HogNDas on May 22, 2016, 11:27:44 am
The baseball roster is 35.  Everyone in the SEC except Vandy has 12 schollies to divide amongst the players.  Some payers get 1/2 or 1/3 of a scholly & so on.  Vandy has some kind of deal where they can give their players FULL rides.  I'm not sure on the specifics of it, but maybe someone else can elaborate.  I think LSU has some kind of "legal", but questionable deal as well. 

Every student that is admitted to Vandy is eligible for a needs based scholarship, they don't discriminate against the baseball players. Now, they have kids who's parents make too much and don't qualify, but that's always ignored on here. LSU students, and every kid that is a Louisiana high graduate qualifies for a TOPS scholarship, assuming they meet the criteria.  http://www.osfa.state.la.us/TOPS_O.htm

Maddhog

Quote from: Karma on May 21, 2016, 08:06:42 pm
How do you mean

There are those who say that Vandy spreads its 14 scholarships over fewer student athletes thereby giving full rides to those.  Then they have their needs based program and also academic scholarships.   There are regular Vandy students who claim that baseball players who appear to be walkons  are being given academic scholarships but are not held to the same standard of academic excellence.  Since Vandy is a private institution with no AD, there is really no way to know.

TikiHog

I'll root for every SEC school

JackMcQueen

I'll be rooting for Oklahoma State (cousin graduated from there recently).
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

jbell96

I'll be rooting for Mississippi State. One of my best friends is a state alum & I've always respected their baseball program so that's who I will be cheering for.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: ricepig on May 22, 2016, 12:04:10 pm
Every student that is admitted to Vandy is eligible for a needs based scholarship, they don't discriminate against the baseball players. Now, they have kids who's parents make too much and don't qualify, but that's always ignored on here. LSU students, and every kid that is a Louisiana high graduate qualifies for a TOPS scholarship, assuming they meet the criteria.  http://www.osfa.state.la.us/TOPS_O.htm
Isn't every student admitted anywhere eligible for need based scholarships? I assume that some Arkansas players are getting academic or need-based money. (But I don't know that to be true).