Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 52 THREAD: ARKANSAS (26-25, 7-20 SEC) vs Missouri St (30- 19,4-13 MVC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 17, 2016, 09:00:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

ARKANSAS vs MISSOURI STATE
                       at Baum Stadium

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2016 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 52 THREAD
                                            ARKANSAS vs MISSOURI ST

This is the second and final game against Missouri St this season.
       This is the final home regular season game for the Razorbacks this year.

Tuesday's First Pitch is set for 6:35pm and will NOT be televised. This game will be broadcast live online on SEC Network Plus, accessible at WatchESPN.com and the WatchESPN app. 

KNWA WEATHER in FAYETTEVILLE: http://www.nwahomepage.com/weather
Tuesday, HI 65, Lo 50, 70% chance of AM Rain, 0% chance at 7:00pm.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

JHicks3636 will provide the play-by-play narrative for this game and Maddhog will be ready in the bullpen. Razorbacks#1, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S and Wisco Pig will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to Extra Innings and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversation.

CLICK BELOW FOR THE FIGHT SONG:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

STARTING PITCHERS:

TUESDAY              Probable Pitchers
                                era    w-l     app-gs    cg   sho    sv     ip     h     r     er     bb   so   2b   3b   hr    ab     b/avg
MSU Austin Knight     5.12  4-2      13-7       0    0/0    1    45.2  40   28   26     19   36   14   1     3    170   .235 
ARK Barrett Loseke   2.73   1-2      15-5       0    0/1    0    29.2  21    9     9     19   32    3    1     1    100    .210 

ARKANSAS PREVIEW
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/final-non-conference-pits-arkansas-against-missouri-state/

ARKANSAS GAME NOTES

ARKANSAS STATS
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/baseball/2016/teamcume.htm

ARKANSAS ROSTER
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/sport/m-basebl/roster/

MSU PREVIEW
http://www.missouristatebears.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/051616aab.html

MSU GAME NOTES:
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/mosu/sports/m-basebl/auto_pdf/2015-16/release/release_20160517aaa.pdf

MSU BASEBALL WEB SITE:
http://www.missouristatebears.com/sports/m-basebl/mosu-m-basebl-body.html

MSU STATS:
http://www.missouristatebears.com/sports/m-basebl/stats/2015-2016/teamcume.html

UP NEXT:
THURSDAY at Mississippi State  6:30pm
FRIDAY at Mississippi State  2:00pm
SATURDAY at Mississippi State 1:30pm

SEC Tournament  May 24th to 29th

Things to know
Freshman Isaiah Campbell threw one of his best games of the year Friday night against Alabama, going a season-high five innings and only giving up one hit to give Arkansas a chance to mount a comeback.

Campbell retired the final nine batters he faced and could help bolster the starting rotation next weekend at Mississippi State. This year, Campbell has a 3.77 ERA in 12 appearances, five being starts and has struck out 22 batters.

Senior Rick Nomura nearly had a Senior Weekend to remember on Sunday when he hit the go-ahead 2-run home run in the 8th inning to give Arkansas a 4-3 lead over Alabama heading into the ninth inning.

During his last five games, Nomura has gone 7 for 21 (.333) with three RBIs. His home run was his first since hitting one against Grambling State (March 15). In conference play, Nomura is second on the team with a .304 average and 10 of his 31 hits have been for doubles.

Arkansas and Missouri State have played over 70 times in its histories going back to 1966. Along with last year's Super Regional win over the Bears at Baum Stadium, the Hogs have won 12 of their last 15 games against Missouri State and four of their last six in Fayetteville.

yraciv

BroyledNutts

Even though there have been times this season where I could not wait for it to be over, it's always bittersweet to reach the last home game. No matter the final outcome, the wife and I really enjoy spending the season in our seats watching the whole spectacle...I always dread today every year, and linger just a bit longer in the seats after its over.

Then January comes, and I start counting the days until I can break out the towels and dust off the old seats again. That's Razorback Baseball to me.

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 17, 2016, 12:10:58 pm
Even though there have been times this season where I could not wait for it to be over, it's always bittersweet to reach the last home game. No matter the final outcome, the wife and I really enjoy spending the season in our seats watching the whole spectacle...I always dread today every year, and linger just a bit longer in the seats after its over.

Then January comes, and I start counting the days until I can break out the towels and dust off the old seats again. That's Razorback Baseball to me.
Couldn't have said it any better than you did.  We visited with the men at gate A this past weekend about this very thing.....and even though the season has been tough, we still hate to see it end.  None of the other sports compare to Razorback baseball for our family.....

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: BroyledNutts on May 17, 2016, 12:10:58 pm

Thanks for sharing Broyled. Glad to here you and your wife are still going to the games. Not many are. It does get hard sometimes to take the time to setup the game threads when we are having a long (short actually) difficult season, but somehow it just wouldn't seem right not to. I guess I would feel like I stopped going to the games if I were still able. Plus there are still quite a few members that show here for each game, so I'll continue on for the sake of other dedicated Hog fans and myself and tradition.

BUT, this is a new experience for many of the young fans because we haven't been in this situation in so long, well, never under DVH. I really, really do not want to finish below .500 and I have a very good feeling about tonight.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Chances of rain for tonight:
Per KNWA Weather,      http://www.nwahomepage.com/weather

5:00pm = 20%
7:00pm =  0%
9:00pm = 20%

RazrRila99

I havent posted at all this baseball season, but I just want to thank you guys for keeping those of us not able to attend or watch in the loop.  If it wasnt for these threads, I would have looked up during regionals and wondered what happened. 

THANK YOU!!!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: RazrRila99 on May 17, 2016, 02:12:28 pm
I havent posted at all this baseball season, but I just want to thank you guys for keeping those of us not able to attend or watch in the loop.  If it wasnt for these threads, I would have looked up during regionals and wondered what happened. 

THANK YOU!!!
Awesome! Thank you for letting us know. It helps to know that people in your situation are taking advantage of what we are doing. You are exactly what we do this for!  We also do this for those Hog fans that enjoy carrying on a civil conversation with other great Hog fans from around the globe. You made my day RazrRila99. Go Hogs!

We enjoy hearing where the members are from that follow our game threads.

Beaver Lake in NWA for me.

code red

Quote from: RazrRila99 on May 17, 2016, 02:12:28 pm

THANK YOU!!!
Agreed....many thanks.  Here's to better days.

Malden, MO
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

RazrRila99

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 17, 2016, 02:30:54 pm
Awesome! Thank you for letting us know. It helps to know that people in your situation are taking advantage of what we are doing. You are exactly what we do this for!  We also do this for those Hog fans that enjoy carrying on a civil conversation with other great Hog fans from around the globe. You made my day RazrRila99. Go Hogs!

We enjoy hearing where the members are from that follow our game threads.

Beaver Lake in NWA for me.

Phoenix (formerly Springdale > Kansas City) for me right now.  Glad I could let you know that YOU and the others (their names escape me) are appreciated. 

WOO PIG!!!!

pigture perfect

I've got a good feeling about this one. Let's kick some Bear/bare butt.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Jackrabbit Hog

Memphis is the current residence, but Lonoke is and always will be "home."
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

BroyledNutts

All you guys who put countless hours and effort in to game threads, stats, moderation, and all the little things that make EI great deserve everyone's gratitude and respect; particularly after a season such as this.

It takes a lot of effort to make all this seem practically effortless, yet here you all are every season making it happen.

Cheers, and a safe and happy off season to you all.

BroyledNutts
Fayetteville

Razorbacks#1

ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS Line Up:

3B Clark Eagan L
CF Carson Shaddy R
LF Luke Bonfield R
1B Cullen Gassaway R
2B Rick Nomura B
SS Michael Bernal R
C Grant Koch R
DH Alex Gosser L
RF Jake Arledge R

P Barrett Loseke R

New/Updated lineup is here.

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Razorbacks#1

Missouri State Line Up:

CF Steinmetz, Hunter L
DH Jefferson, Alex B
LF Johnson, Spencer R
1B Paulsen, Justin L
RF Graham, Blake L
SS Eierman, Jeremy R
2B Meyer, Aaron L
C Fultz, Matt L
3B Mantle, Ryan R

P Knight, Austin R

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

0                   Top  1st                              0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |    |  R  | H   | E  |LOB
MSU           |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |     |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0     
ARK            |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |     |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0     

0                   Top  1st                              0

MiamiO          |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |     |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0     
ARK                |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |     |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0     

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Steinmetz leads off the game for Mo State...flies out to left, 1 down

JHicks3636

Jefferson...safe on an error by Bernal at SS...man at 1st, 1 out

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Paulsen...count goes full...strikes out looking to end the top of the 1st

0-0

JHicks3636

Eagan, Shaddy and Bonfield lead off in the Razorbacks' last home game.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

0                   Bot  1st                              0

MSU         0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |     |  0  |  0  | 0  | 1     
ARK            |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |     |  0  |  0  | 1  | 0     

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Shaddy moves to 2nd on a passed ball, then to 3rd on a throwing error by the catcher

JHicks3636

Bonfield batting .317...sac fly to left, run scores, unearned

1-0 Arkansas

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

0                   Top 2nd                              1

MSU         0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |     |  0  |  0  | 1  | 1     
ARK          1 |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |     |  1  |  1  | 1  | 0     

JHicks3636

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

JHicks3636

Mantle is the last batter in the order...0-2 goes to 3-2...doubles to right and runners are now at 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Wild pitch scores a run and moves the other runner to 3rd

2-1 Mo State

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

JHicks3636

Steinmetz who is 0-1 tonight...grounds out to pitcher to end the damage

2-1 Bears

JHicks3636