Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"It’s been a privilege to play for the Razorbacks", by Rick Nomura

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 14, 2016, 08:18:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

It's Been A Privilege
WRITTEN BY Rick Nomura

For more and a video, click below.
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/glory_posts/senior-send-off-ricknomura/?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=bsb-twitter&utm_campaign=Nomura-Feature

Our fans, win or lose, they're always out there and I think that's awesome. We'll put 12,000 fans out there during a weekend per game and that's unbelievable because in college baseball a 12,000-person crowd in unheard of. I'm just so happy our fans are so supportive.

After we ran onto the field and sang the National Anthem, the school fight song started playing through the stadium speakers and the first time the fans called the Hogs, it gave me chills and it still gives me chills every single game. The sense of school pride is enormous here and it's a privilege to be on the field.

Hearing our fans call the Hogs in Omaha was probably one of the coolest experiences I've ever had. Having the whole stadium say "Wooo Pig Sooie!" while I was standing on the field was amazing.
I remember after winning that Super Regional – the last pitch that Zach Jackson threw and struck the last guy out – I was in shock.

I just want to thank the Razorbacks for giving me the opportunity and my mom and dad, who I love so much. It's been great and this experience will be something I'll always have. I'll always bleed Razorback red and that'll be a part of me forever.

Nomura is at his final year of NCAA eligibility and he will seek to be drafted by a MLB team and fulfill his dream of playing professional baseball. Prior to this season, Nomura was called up by the Los Angeles Dodgers but he declined because he chose to come back to school. He plans to finish his final year and earn his bachelor's degree at the University of Arkansas if he doesn't get drafted.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

JHicks3636

I'm always a lifelong fan of any young man or woman who chooses to play for the Razorbacks. Nomura has been a great Ambassador for Arkansas. I'm only sorry that he had to suffer through a season like this. However this kind of season may do more to prepare a person for the real world than would a championship season. Good luck in your future, Rick.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 14, 2016, 08:37:33 am
I'm always a lifelong fan of any young man or woman who chooses to play for the Razorbacks. Nomura has been a great Ambassador for Arkansas. I'm only sorry that he had to suffer through a season like this. However this kind of season may do more to prepare a person for the real world than would a championship season. Good luck in your future, Rick.
I feel the same way. He's been a part of the good by going to Omaha and experienced a rough season this year. Both are life lessons and of course being a Razorback is, well, Rick said it very well.

Maddhog

Love that kid and his perpetual smile.   I thank him for being a Razorback and sincerely hope all his dreams come true. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Knot2brite

I am always saddened by the loss of good players who play the game the way it should be played. Not the skill of the game but the heart and desire of the game...this young man has done all of the above and I shall miss him dearly
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

TPM

ROBLYNNM

Quote from: Knot2brite on May 14, 2016, 10:27:54 am
I am always saddened by the loss of good players who play the game the way it should be played. Not the skill of the game but the heart and desire of the game...this young man has done all of the above and I shall miss him dearly
I have truly enjoyed watching this young man.  Him tipping his hat to the crowd on senior night and giving the other seniors leis are examples of what a fine young man his parents have raised.  You can tell he truly loves the game......loves people......loves life.....

I remember one game where he made an error, followed by an error by Shaddy and Coach had to pull whoever was pitching.  Van Horn didn't spend his time on the mound "coaching" the pitcher....he chewed on the two boys....and you could see Rick say "yes sir" to Coach Van Horn....just a polite young man even when he was getting fussed at...  (Couldn't tell if Shaddy said anything because he never looked up!) 

Regardless of this season, our program is better simply because of the character of this young man. 

HogFansReunited

I've said it before and I will say it again, he is my favorite player on the team.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

elksnort

Rick Nomura is the kind of young man that makes college sports so great. It's been a pleasure watching him as a Razorback the last two years. I root for him in the future.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: HogFansReunited on May 16, 2016, 07:16:12 am
I've said it before and I will say it again, he is my favorite player on the team.
I wonder if the islands will send anymore Nomura's our way? Hope so!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Rick Nomura ‏@rkn27  · 8h8 hours ago 

I will forever bleed Razorback Red and will never yield in any aspect of life. It's been a privilege and I want to say thank you. Go Hogs!

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."