Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 50 THREAD: ARKANSAS (26-23, 7-18 SEC) vs Alabama (28- 21, 13-12 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 14, 2016, 03:23:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

Madd, I'd give you +100 tonight if I could. I know it's tough. I was going to give you your 500th good karma but I gave you the 499. Someone else will get the honor.

Maddhog

New pitcher for bama is Jon Keller .

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Maddhog

JHicks3636

Maddhog

Maddhog

JHicks3636

Trying to steal with nobody out and down 7. I guess it doesn't really matter though.

Maddhog

Maddhog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

9                   Top 9th                              2

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |    |  R  | H   | E  |LOB
BAM         4 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 |    |     |  9  |  7  | 0  | 5     
ARK         0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |    |     |  2  | 10  | 0  | 9     

Maddhog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 14, 2016, 08:30:54 pm
Madd, I'd give you +100 tonight if I could. I know it's tough. I was going to give you your 500th good karma but I gave you the 499. Someone else will get the honor.

It has been a tough year but, you know, we've had a dang good run and we will be back next year.  :)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Maddhog on May 14, 2016, 08:33:54 pm
Arledge will PH for Gosser - 

Bernal caught stealing
Bernal. I was thinking about Bernal today and his freshman year. He sure has changed and is a much better player all around. Going to hate to lose him. Remember when he made spectacular plays and then would miss play on a routine play. He started developing his power late in the season with a couple HR's his freshman season. Now he leads the team in HR's.

Maddhog

T9

Dahl is on the mound for the 9th

Salem -  K's looking for one out.

Maddhog

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Maddhog on May 14, 2016, 08:39:39 pm
It has been a tough year but, you know, we've had a dang good run and we will be back next year.  :)
We've definately been spoiled. :)
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Maddhog

Haynie hits his second HR of the game.   Dang his hide.

10-2 bama.

JHicks3636

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 14, 2016, 08:41:16 pm
Bernal. I was thinking about Bernal today and his freshman year. He sure has changed and is a much better player all around. Going to hate to lose him. Remember when he made spectacular plays and then would miss play on a routine play. He started developing his power late in the season with a couple HR's his freshman season. Now he leads the team in HR's.

But his throws to first are often just baffling. He does get to balls that some can't.

Maddhog

Henry -  K's on a ball in the dirt to end the frame.

10-2, bama.   

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

10                   Bot 9th                              2

BAM         4 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 1 |     | 10  |  8  | 0  | 5     
ARK         0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |    |     |  2  | 10  | 0  | 9     

Maddhog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

We play the last regular season SEC game at Baum for the year tomorrow at 1:05pm

Tuesday at 6:35pm we have MSU at Baum for the last home game this season.

JHicks3636

I was just sitting here thinking. Would it not be something if we slipped into the SEC field and won the tournament? I know the chances are really, really bad but so was the chance for Leicester City to win the English Premier League in soccer this year-5000 to 1, but they did it. I'm still pulling for a miracle until we are mathematically eliminated. Of course I am old and a longtime prayer for the Hogs.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Maddhog on May 14, 2016, 08:30:48 pm
Wilson is kicking all of you out of here!   :)
We've been good all year and saved up our brownie points.

Maddhog

Maddhog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

EAGAN
HOMERUN!

His 6th on the season and 3rd recently.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnu150BmAg1qm9zxco1_500.gif

Maddhog

Maddhog

Nomura -  5-4-3 DP to end the game.

Bama wins the game 10-4 and wins the series.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

10                   FINAL                              4

BAM         4 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 | 3 | 0 | 1 |     | 10  |  8  | 0  | 5     
ARK         0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 2 |     |  4  | 12  | 0  | 9     

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

JHicks3636

Thanks to all involved and all the viewers too. As bad as we feel, I can't imagine how those young men on the field feel.

Razorbacks#1

Thanks ARKANSAS, JHicks and Maddhog for another great PBP thread. Maybe tomorrow will be our day. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Maddhog

JHicks3636

Maddhog

Quote from: Razorbacks#1 on May 14, 2016, 08:55:23 pm
Thanks ARKANSAS, JHicks and Maddhog for another great PBP thread. Maybe tomorrow will be our day. Go HOGS!

Thanks to all of you, too.   GO HOGS!!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Thanks everybody for the game thread and thanks to Maddhog and JHicks for the pbp. Thanks to Raz for the behind the scenes work.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

8547 paid attendance.

2 hours and 50 minutes for one of the shortest games this season.

code red

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 14, 2016, 08:14:30 pm
Since we can now cheat, I am going with 2 words-batting practice.
I think that one is most accurate.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

PORKULATOR

wow...  as the year has gone by,  our bats got worse and our pitching stayed a consistent blah.  This year sacked.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

RECAP: Home run ball hurts Hogs chances again vs. Alabama
VIDEO and article:
http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/long-ball-drops-razorbacks-against-alabama/
A four-run first inning for Alabama put the Razorback baseball team in a hole it couldn't climb out of Saturday night in Baum Stadium. Sophomore pitcher Keaton McKinney only lasted 3 2/3 innings and the Hog offense scored just four runs in a 10-4 loss to the Crimson Tide.

BOX SCORE:
http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/stats/baseball/2016/50.pdf

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

code red

Quote from: PORKULATOR on May 14, 2016, 09:37:25 pm
wow...  as the year has gone by,  our bats got worse and our pitching stayed a consistent blah.  This year sacked.
At this point every aspect is suspect.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou