Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 50 THREAD: ARKANSAS (26-23, 7-18 SEC) vs Alabama (28- 21, 13-12 SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 14, 2016, 03:23:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Quote from: Knot2brite on May 14, 2016, 07:05:57 pm
I must have  not paid attention...no one I have seen this year has been hating on him this season at the plate or in the field ...in fact...I am really hoping he comes back
There has not been any hating in here, but my understanding is there was at the field the other day.

Maddhog

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 14, 2016, 07:02:05 pm
Madd is going to rally us to victory tonight

Yep, I've only given up two walks and two runs.   Call me the Good Luck Charm.  :)
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

LJHOG

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on May 14, 2016, 07:07:08 pm
3rd inning has been KM's Waterloo all year!
And the fact he is still starting is testament to how lousy our pitching is or DVH stubbornness (to be polite).

JHicks3636

Knot2brite

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 14, 2016, 07:08:19 pm
There has not been any hating in here, but my understanding is there was at the field the other day.
Oh....what are they? Morons?
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Maddhog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 14, 2016, 07:08:19 pm

It was bad on twitter for a day.

tennesseehogwild

No pat on the butt for McKinney! Willey ...you are wayyy overdue to give us scoreless innings!

Maddhog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

6                   Bot 4th                              1

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |    |  R  | H   | E  |LOB
BAM         4 | 0 | 0 | 2 |    |    |    |    |    |     |  6  |  3  | 0  | 2     
ARK         0 | 0 | 1 |    |    |    |    |    |    |     |  1  |  4  | 0  | 3     

JHicks3636

Can you seriously see anyone drafting McKinney this year? I can see Teague and Jackson because of the stuff they have. I just don't think McKinney is physically sound yet.

Maddhog

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

tennesseehogwild

ucahogfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 14, 2016, 07:10:58 pm
Can you seriously see anyone drafting McKinney this year?
Well, considering he isn't draft eligible - nope.  ;D

LJHOG

Can you seriously see anyone drafting McKinney this year? I can see Teague and Jackson because of the stuff they have. I just don't think McKinney is physically sound yet.
No.  He ain't eligible.  Personally I think his career is over.  He doesn't have the stuff to challenge hitters nor the control to work the corners.

Maddhog

JHicks3636

Quote from: ucahogfan on May 14, 2016, 07:12:10 pm
Well, considering he isn't draft eligible - nope.  ;D

I hope they figure it out before next year.

ucahogfan

What about Taco?  I could see some team drafting him and hoping they get good Taco.  Because when he is on, he is probably a top 5 round talent or so.

Maddhog

ucahogfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 14, 2016, 07:13:31 pm
I hope they figure it out before next year.
So do I.  He was a top 5 round talent coming out of high school because he worked in the low 90s and hit 94 to go with a plus change.  We haven't seen that out of him so far at Arkansas and injuries have a lot to do with it.

Maddhog

Gassaway -  Singles to put two on, one out.

Let's do something this time.

JHicks3636

I will say one thing. The team always seems to battle. I'm just tired of the headline "Hog Rally Falls Short".

Maddhog

Spanberger -  K's swinging at a ball in the dirt.  Two on, two out.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Maddhog

Pennell -  K's swinging at a slider to end the fourth. 

6-1, bama.   

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

6                   Top 5th                              1

BAM         4 | 0 | 0 | 2 |    |    |    |    |    |     |  6  |  3  | 0  | 2     
ARK         0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |     |  1  |  6  | 0  | 5     

LJHOG

Quote from: Maddhog on May 14, 2016, 07:18:53 pm
K's swinging at a ball in the dirt.
Don't you mean at a nasty slider on the outside corner at the knees?

rhog1

Quote from: Kevin on May 14, 2016, 07:20:01 pm
I still think they rushed McKinney back.
Something happened. He is just not the same pitcher he was last year.

LJHOG

JHicks3636

Quote from: Kevin on May 14, 2016, 07:20:01 pm
I still think they rushed McKinney back.

I can't think it was anything else although I know the old story of the Drs., coaches and his family wouldn't rush him back. If it isn't that, then the surgery altered something physically that has really effected his mechanics.

Maddhog

Maddhog

Maddhog

Haynie -  (grand slammer)  5-4-3 DP to end the top half.

6-1 bama

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

6                   Bot 5th                              1

BAM         4 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 |    |    |    |    |     |  6  |  4  | 0  | 2     
ARK         0 | 0 | 1 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |     |  1  |  6  | 0  | 5     

Maddhog

Maddhog

JHicks3636

For those who know the inner workings of the team; if anyone does, who is the true player leader of the team this year?

tennesseehogwild

McKinney needs to develop a 3rd pitch! Not ready to give up on him just yet!

Maddhog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

6                   Top 6th                              1

BAM         4 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 |    |    |    |    |     |  6  |  4  | 0  | 2     
ARK         0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |     |  1  |  6  | 0  | 5     

Maddhog

Maddhog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Does anybody else feel like Elson gets a little more excited for the other team than he does for the Hogs, sometimes?

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: Maddhog on May 14, 2016, 07:39:10 pm
Vincent -  4-6-3 DP - must have been a beauty. 
It was, Bernal with a nice spin and throw
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

Maddhog

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

6                   Bot 6th                              1

BAM         4 | 0 | 0 | 2 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |     |  6  |  4  | 0  | 2     
ARK         0 | 0 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |     |  1  |  6  | 0  | 5     

Maddhog

Quote from: A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S on May 14, 2016, 07:40:11 pm
Does anybody else feel like Elson gets a little more excited for the other team than he does for the Hogs, sometimes?

He actually interacts well with the fans on twitter.

Maddhog

Maddhog