Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME 49 THREAD: ARKANSAS (26-22, 7-17 SEC) vs Alabama (27- 21, 12-12) SEC)

Started by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, May 12, 2016, 02:26:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

Holcombe, Bama's lead-off hitter who has struck out and walked...infield single to SS. man on 1st, 2 outs

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Vance, who is 2-2 including a homer...3-0...Walks on 4 pitches, 2 on, 2 outs

JHicks3636

Salem, who is 0-0 with a walk and a sac bunt...singles on the first pitch, run scores

5-2 Bama

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

TNhawgfan

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 13, 2016, 07:34:12 pm
I know Tacco is trying but it seems like a guy who just wants the year to end
He's not the only one. I may try to forget this season ever happened once it's over
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

JHicks3636

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Haynie, 1-2 including a homer...pops out to pitcher

8-2 Alabama

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

8                   Bot 4th                              2

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |    |  R  | H   | E  |LOB
BAM         1 | 0 | 3 | 4 |    |    |    |    |    |     |  8  |  7  | 0  | 3     
ARK         1 | 1 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |    |     |  2  |  4  | 0  | 2     

Maddhog

"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

JHicks3636

TNhawgfan

If you would have told me after the Houston tournament that we wouldn't even make it to Hoover i would have laughed at you
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Koch, 1-1 with a double...another double to left center, on 2nd with 2 outs

tennesseehogwild

Pitching and defense! Age old saying that holds true...year after year! after year! after year! after year! after year! Can we all just live with a 2-1 win after this season ?

JHicks3636

Spanberger, struck out his first time...out to SS on the first pitch

8-2 Alabama

JHicks3636

The good thing is no one in Alabama cares about baseball so I won't get any grief. They won't even know a game was played

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

8                   Top 5th                              2

BAM         1 | 0 | 3 | 4 |    |    |    |    |    |     |  8  |  7  | 0  | 3     
ARK         1 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |     |  2  |  5  | 0  | 3     

tennesseehogwild

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 13, 2016, 08:03:28 pm
Koch, 1-1 with a double...another double to left center, on 2nd with 2 outs

Defensively aside. Is he our man behind the plate ...going forward this year?

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Scott7703

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on May 13, 2016, 08:03:29 pm
Pitching and defense! Age old saying that holds true...year after year! after year! after year! after year! after year! Can we all just live with a 2-1 win after this season ?

We shouldn't have to "live with 2-1". Does LSU, Florida, Virginia, ect "live with 2-1". There is a happy medium and we need to find it. This was the year we could have been great but our top returning pitching hasn't lived up to what most expected. It happens.

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Finnerty, 0-2 tonight...singles up the box, man on 1st, 2 outs

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

8                   Bot 5th                              2

BAM         1 | 0 | 3 | 4 | 0 |    |    |    |    |     |  8  |  8  | 0  | 4     
ARK         1 | 1 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |    |     |  2  |  5  | 0  | 3     

rhog1

Quote from: TNhawgfan on May 13, 2016, 08:01:33 pm
If you would have told me after the Houston tournament that we wouldn't even make it to Hoover i would have laughed at you
Me too. It really seems like everyone is ready for this season to be over.

Maddhog

Bama, coming into this game, had the weakest offense in the league.  I was sure that Taco would win his game. 
"He hits from both sides of the plate.  He's amphibious."

Knot2brite

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on May 13, 2016, 08:03:29 pm
No....2-1 every game leave no wiggle room for a pitcher ...we can have the offense and the pitching....many other teams do...if a team is all pitching then what happens when a team that has both that really good starts hitting the pitching only teams pitchers...there has to be a happy medium...if both are very efficient ...then you win it all most years...I do not want to see the old get'em on and bunt'em over and hope and pray you get a damn seeing eye single to score a run in the sixth and hope you hang on

JHicks3636

Scroggins, 1-1 with an rbi tonight...grounds out to SS, 1 out

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

Shaddy, 0-1 with a BB...hits into a fielder's choice

8-2 Alabama

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

8                   Top 6th                              2

BAM         1 | 0 | 3 | 4 | 0 |    |    |    |    |     |  8  |  8  | 0  | 4     
ARK         1 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 |    |    |    |    |     |  2  |  5  | 0  | 4     

JHicks3636

Holcombe, Vance and Salem (top of the order) bat again for Bama

pigture perfect

Ugh. I hate losing in blow out fashion. Sooo! I'm wearing my rally cap and lucky mesh wife-beater from the 80's (hasn't been washed since 1991).
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

JHicks3636

JHicks3636

By the way Campbell has been pitching since Tacco was knocked out

JHicks3636

Knot2brite

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 13, 2016, 08:25:19 pm
By the way Campbell has been pitching since Tacco was knocked out
He is going to be a cornerstone next year

JHicks3636

Salem who is 1-1 with a walk and a sac bunt...flies out to left, runner at 1st, 2 outs

stan the man

I'll bet there will be a house cleaning in the off season. No way Van Horn will put up with this kind of a season next year

Knot2brite

Quote from: stan the man on May 13, 2016, 08:29:08 pm
I'll bet there will be a house cleaning in the off season. No way Van Horn will put up with this kind of a season next year

I can be that there will be several new pitchers

JHicks3636

Vance got to 2nd somehow, then got picked off to end the inning

8-2 bama