Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Race to make the SEC Tournament

Started by JackMcQueen, May 05, 2016, 04:45:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackMcQueen

May 05, 2016, 04:45:00 pm Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 10:35:57 am by JackMcQueen
At this point, winning it all in Hoover could be our only chance of making it to the NCAA Tournament, here's how it looks right now, and what is left for the remaining teams (I will update these standings regularly)...

SEC Rank
|Team|SEC|GB
10th
|Georgia|10-17|--
11th
|Missouri|8-19|2
12th
|Auburn|8-19|2
13th
|Tennessee|7-20|3
14th
|Arkansas|7-20|3

• *Auburn owns the tie breaker over Georgia (AU 1-2 vs TAMU, UGA 0-3 vs TAMU)
  • *Georgia doesn't play Arkansas, or Auburn this season, plays Mizzou in Columbia 5/13-5/15
  • *Missouri owns the tiebreaker over Arkansas, Auburn & Tennessee (2-1 vs Arkansas/Auburn, 3-0 vs Tennessee)
  • *Tennessee owns the tie breaker over Arkansas (Tenn 1-2 vs Florida, Ark 0-3 vs Florida)

*"If two teams are not divisional opponents:
(1) Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed using common opponents only (and proceeding through the No. 12 seed, if necessary).
".*

REMAINING SCHEDULE

• Arkansas: at Miss State
  • Auburn: at Vanderbilt
  • Georgia: vs. Tennessee
  • Missouri: at Kentucky
  • Tennessee: at Georgia
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

Razorbacks#1

9 opportunities left to move up the SEC standings. Hopefully we can put a run together and relieve all doubt about getting to the SEC Tournament. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Awesome job again JackMcQueen! I have been thinking pretty much all day how and if I was going to setup a thread like this. Same topic.

Ironhawg

Is 2001 the last time the Hogs missed the SEC tournament?

DiamondHogFan

I think 11 wins will get us in the SEC tournament.  Of course we want more, but 11 should do it.  There will be at least 2 teams with 10 wins or less once it is all said and done. 

That being said...Let's go win 3 SEC series to end the season! 13, maybe 14 wins would be a sweet ending to a relatively bitter season.

JackMcQueen

Quote from: Ironhawg on May 06, 2016, 08:23:11 am
Is 2001 the last time the Hogs missed the SEC tournament?
We missed it in (I believe) 2007, or 2008, but we still made the NCAA Tournament.
2 SEC titles, 4 SEC West titles, 28 NCAA Tournaments, 6 NCAA Super Regionals, 8 College World Series
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: JackMcQueen on May 06, 2016, 08:33:02 am
We missed it in (I believe) 2007, or 2008, but we still made the NCAA Tournament.
Which is just crazy...did they only take 8 of 12 teams for the SEC Tournament that year?

JackMcQueen

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on May 06, 2016, 11:42:28 am
Which is just crazy...did they only take 8 of 12 teams for the SEC Tournament that year?
2008 was the year, they just took 8. Arkansas, Tennessee, Auburn, & Miss State were left out of the SECT that season (in that order).
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

JackMcQueen

Tonight's schedule...

Arkansas at LSU, 7:00 - SECN+

Auburn at Alabama, 7:00 - SECN+

Ole Miss at Georgia, 6:00 - SECN+

Missouri at Miss State, 7:00 - ESPNU

Florida at Tennessee, 5:00 - SECN+
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

JackMcQueen

THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

hog.goblin

We simply need to find a way to go on a run.  It's now or never.

DiamondHogFan

Need a sweep either way with Missouri/Georgia, and need LSU to sweep Tennessee. 

Obviously, we are at a must win situation now as well.  I think it may take 11 wins to get there, 10 minimum.  We have lots of work to do.

HogNDas

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on May 09, 2016, 02:48:25 pm
Need a sweep either way with Missouri/Georgia, and need LSU to sweep Tennessee. 

Obviously, we are at a must win situation now as well.  I think it may take 11 wins to get there, 10 minimum.  We have lots of work to do.
10 wins to get in SEC tourney and then we have to win the tourney to make the Big Dance.... We have a tough "row to hoe" for sure, but I believe we can take 2/3 from Bama and 1/3 from m$u

Ironhawg

Quote from: hog.goblin on May 09, 2016, 09:35:40 am
We simply need to find a way to go on a run.  It's now or never.

You see this right here?  This is what it means to be a Razorback.  Never yield.  Thanks for the reminder.

HogNDas

Auburn has the toughest remaining schedule.  If we can make up one game on them, we own the tiebreaker....I predict Aub & TN stay home from SEC tourney.

wonderboys

If you win the SEC Tourney do u get a bid,   or are we saying that might be enough to get us in?

VirginiaHog

wonderboys

Quote from: VirginiaHog on May 11, 2016, 10:34:29 am
Winner gets auto bid.

Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do.

Win the whole #%$@ thing.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Top of 8th
LSU  ( 15-10) 11
Tenn (7-18)     2    Tied with the Hogs for 13th place

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

Bottom 2nd

MSU     (16-9)    8
Auburn (8-17)    0     1 game ahead of us.

Final

LSU    11
Tenn    3      (7-19)

code red

So basically we need to find a way to get 3 more SEC wins or nada?
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

JackMcQueen

THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

hog.goblin

Win 2 of 3 and then shock the world

JHicks3636

The thread could almost be titled "Race to NOT make the SEC Tournament" with the way the teams are playing.

Piggage

Quote from: JHicks3636 on May 16, 2016, 07:56:59 pm
The thread could almost be titled "Race to NOT make the SEC Tournament" with the way the teams are playing.

Definitely. I know the game of baseball can be very unkind, but it almost looks like the teams at the bottom of both divisions are trying to get the #1 draft pick for next year.

DiamondHogFan

How do 3 team tiebreakers work?  Say us, Auburn and Missouri are all at 8-22 following this weekend...who gets left out (assuming along with Tennessee).  Or a 4 way tiebreaker if someone really wants to take it that far?

I know we only have the head to head tiebreaker against Auburn so odds are stacked against us when it comes to ties, but I was just curious as to how it would shake out if we ended up tied with Auburn AND Missouri fighting for the 11th and 12th spots.

JackMcQueen

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on May 18, 2016, 08:43:18 am
How do 3 team tiebreakers work?  Say us, Auburn and Missouri are all at 8-22 following this weekend...who gets left out (assuming along with Tennessee).  Or a 4 way tiebreaker if someone really wants to take it that far?

I know we only have the head to head tiebreaker against Auburn so odds are stacked against us when it comes to ties, but I was just curious as to how it would shake out if we ended up tied with Auburn AND Missouri fighting for the 11th and 12th spots.

2. Three-Team Tie (or more). The following procedure will be used in the following order until the tie is broken: (Note: If the three tied teams have three different records against each other, they shall be seeded in best-percentage order.) Otherwise, once the tie has been reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker procedure will be used.

A. If all three teams are common opponents: Total won-lost percentage of games played among the tied teams.

B. Won-lost percentage of the tied teams versus the No. 1 seed and proceeding through the No. 12 seed, if necessary, using common opponents only.

C. If three or more teams still are tied, the Commissioner will conduct a draw.
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

DiamondHogFan

JHicks3636

Quote from: DiamondHogFan on May 18, 2016, 08:43:18 am

Jack McQueen correctly answered your question but here is a link you might find handy re the bracket and tie breakers.
http://www.secsports.com/bracket/baseball

JackMcQueen

Here's the schedule for today. We should know a lot more about Auburn's fate after the day is done (Tigers/Dores are playing a DH)..

Auburn at Vanderbilt, 2:00p - SECN+
Missouri at Kentucky, 5:30p - SECN+
Tennessee at Georgia, 6:00p - SECN+
Arkansas at Miss State, 6:30p - SECN+
Auburn at Vanderbilt, 6:30p - SECN+
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

DiamondHogFan

Quote from: JackMcQueen on May 19, 2016, 09:36:54 am
Here's the schedule for today. We should know a lot more about Auburn's fate after the day is done (Tigers/Dores are playing a DH)..

Auburn at Vanderbilt, 2:00p - SECN+
Missouri at Kentucky, 5:30p - SECN+
Tennessee at Georgia, 6:00p - SECN+
Arkansas at Miss State, 6:30p - SECN+
Auburn at Vanderbilt, 6:30p - SECN+
We are Vanderbilt, Georgia, and Kentucky fans this weekend.  And Hog fans of course, but we are going to need some help.

JackMcQueen

May 20, 2016, 12:05:12 pm #31 Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 01:30:46 pm by JackMcQueen
For some reason I can't go back and edit my original post, so here's the updated standings.

SEC Rank
|Team|SEC|GB
10th
|Georgia|11-17|--
11th
|Missouri|9-20|2 1/2
12th
|Auburn|8-21|3 1/2
13th
|Tennessee|7-21|3
14th
|Arkansas|7-21|3

• *Auburn owns the tie breaker over Georgia (AU 1-2 vs TAMU, UGA 0-3 vs TAMU)
  • *Georgia doesn't play Arkansas, or Auburn this season, plays Mizzou in Columbia 5/13-5/15
  • *Missouri owns the tiebreaker over Arkansas, Auburn & Tennessee (2-1 vs Arkansas/Auburn, 3-0 vs Tennessee)
  • *Tennessee owns the tie breaker over Arkansas (Tenn 1-2 vs Florida, Ark 0-3 vs Florida)

*"If two teams are not divisional opponents:
(1) Won-lost record of the two teams versus the No. 1 seed using common opponents only (and proceeding through the No. 12 seed, if necessary).
".*

REMAINING SCHEDULE

• Arkansas: at Miss State
  • Auburn: at Vanderbilt
  • Georgia: vs. Tennessee
  • Missouri: at Kentucky
  • Tennessee: at Georgia
THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

JackMcQueen

THIS...IS...BASEBALL!

yraciv

Quote from: JackMcQueen on May 20, 2016, 01:30:59 pm
Kentucky beat Mizzou today 2-1.

Mizzou has 11 seed in bag. Swept UT, 2-1 vs Auburn, 2-1 vs. us. We need a H2H with Auburn to get in at this point or 3 way tie with Mizzou & Auburn.