Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ex-Hogs in the minors besides Benintendi

Started by JHicks3636, April 20, 2016, 09:37:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHicks3636

I hope all of you will contribute to this thread as there are so many ex-Hogs in the minors. A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S and I discussed it and decided to keep the separate thread dedicated to Benintendi. He has earned it in our opinion and the thread also seems popular. I'll get things started here on an early down note.

Through 12 games, Bobby Wernes is hitting 0.98 after 12 games in Full A ball with the Quad Cities River Bandits. He is 4-41 and has presently dropped to the 8th spot in the order. Remember that he won the batting crown in short season A ball last year so hopefully this year is just an early season slump.

JHicks3636

Here is another one:

Brett Eibner is playing for Class AAA Omaha and is presently hitting .255. That is up-to-date as he is playing a game tonight and I got it off the in-game stats.

Dr. Starcs

bulldog04

Stanek is at AA with a 0-2 record and 5.68 ERA

bulldog04

Barret Astin is at AA and coming out of the pen.  He's 2-0 with a 2.35 ERA

bulldog04

Sanburn is having a good year at AA.  1-0 1.04 ERA with 12 ks 3 BB in 8.2 IP

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Dr. Starcs

JHicks3636

April 24, 2016, 07:56:33 am #10 Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:48:53 pm by JHicks3636
Wernes' early season troubles continue to be concerning. His average has dipped to .080. This is the lowest in the entire league. Probably a good thing that he won the batting title last year in Low A ball. It will buy him some time to get things on track.

JHicks3636

Wernes goes 2-4 tonight to at least get over a .100 at .111. Maybe he'll break out of it now.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on April 23, 2016, 07:49:22 am
Michael Gunn?

Michael is with the River City Rascals in the independent Frontier League. Their season hasn't started yet.

Prestn

TK had a great first outing until getting tired and then giving up a few runs.  His next two were unimpressive to say the least.  >:(    His last was the best of the season, pitching 6 innings and scattering 4 hits and 1 unearned run and dropped his ERA from 12 to 8. 

Strikeouts are great, 21 over 18 innngs, gotta improve his WHIP. 

PORKULATOR

DJ Baxendale is here in Chattanooga playing for the Lookouts...  me and the kids will go out once this summer and watch him pitch...  and call the Hogs
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

89ALUM

Brian Anderson is with the Jupiter Hammerheads (Marlins, A-Advanced).  He played most of the infield positions last year and hit .235 with 8 homeruns (3rd highest on the team).  He's off to a good start this year and is hitting .304 with a couple of dingers, playing almost exclusively 1B.  If he keeps it up, he might earn a midseason promotion to AA Jacksonville.  He's only 22, but he needs to get to the next level I'd say by the end of this season if he wants to stick around.  There's really nobody blocking him at the next level.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

89ALUM

DJ Baxendale is doing very well at Chattanooga.  He's only got one win but the Lookouts haven't supported him well in any of his five starts.  He's leading the team in IP, K's, and his whip and era are very solid.  He was last year's Southern League Championship game starter and should get the call up to the Twins' AAA Rochester team when their top prospect Jose Berrios gets brought up to Minnesota.

On a fun note, Ryne Stanek and the Montgomery Biscuits will be playing DJ's team tomorrow with Ryne getting the nod.  However, DJ isn't scheduled to pitch until Tuesday or Wednesday.

"That's what." - she

jackflash

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

JHicks3636

Wernes' Quad City's team was rained outlast night but on Friday he went 3-3 and raised his average to a still subpar .155 as he attempts to get to the Mendoza Line.

Kevin

yraciv

Eibner stayed hot tonight with his 3rd homerun in 4 games. Raised his average to .295!

Prestn

In the last 2 starts Trey Killian has thrown 12 innings (6 innings both games) and has given up 1 Unearned Run with 8 Hits, 11 Ks, and 5 BBs. His next scheduled start is Monday evening.

89ALUM

DJ Baxendale threw a complete game four hitter last Wednesday for the Lookouts.  Unfortunately, his team can't hit with runners in scoring position, and he lost 1-0.  He's leading the team in strikeouts and Innings pitched, and is second in ERA and WHIP.  If he keeps this up, I'd say he'll be getting a call from Rochester in the next month or two.

"That's what." - she

JHicks3636

Jalen Beeks was the winner in the Salem game today. He is now 4-1. Having Benintendi and Moncada on your team helps score runs.

89ALUM

Ryne Stanek is also pitching well for the Montgomery (AA) Biscuits.  He's got the same record as DJ (1-4) and is leading his team in strikeouts and IP, exactly like DJ.  However, his ERA and WHIP are about middle of the pack on his team and based on the pitching talent in the Tampa Bay system, he might be staying at Montgomery this whole season, unless he gets hot and starts to limit the walks better.

Regardless, both pitchers are playing well and bringing the heat!  Hope to see them in AAA soon and repping the Hogs!

"That's what." - she

Prestn

From the Asheville Tourists home page, "The Pitching: Right-hander Trey Killian entered the ballgame on a streak of 12 consecutive innings without allowing an earned run, both home wins. Killian stretched that streak further with six shutout innings against the Shorebirds. Trey came back out to start the seventh but surrendered two quick hits. Both of those runners later scored for the Shorebirds so Killian's streak came to an end at 18 innings. However, the former Arkansas Razorback notched his third win in his last three starts."

Trey Killian  IP 6.0 H 4 R 2 ER 2 BB 1 Ks 6

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

CalicoHawgFan

Quote from: Prestn on May 10, 2016, 07:13:37 am
From the Asheville Tourists home page, "The Pitching: Right-hander Trey Killian entered the ballgame on a streak of 12 consecutive innings without allowing an earned run, both home wins. Killian stretched that streak further with six shutout innings against the Shorebirds. Trey came back out to start the seventh but surrendered two quick hits. Both of those runners later scored for the Shorebirds so Killian's streak came to an end at 18 innings. However, the former Arkansas Razorback notched his third win in his last three starts."

Trey Killian  IP 6.0 H 4 R 2 ER 2 BB 1 Ks 6

Keep updating on Trey. I have a hard time finding any way to track him from Guatemala, but if you put out the stats and how he's doing I'll be able to keep up with him..

Thanks Preston

Prestn

Trey Killian today 5 IP / 2 H / 1 ER / 6 BB / 1 K , no decision.  ERA was at 12.08 after first 3 starts, down to 5.05 now.  Allowed 3 ER in the last 23 IP.

Prestn

Killian is starting today at 4:05.  Get the play by play here, http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t573

warriorlion

Good to see Trey is throwing well after a rough start.

89ALUM

Dominic Ficociello is really struggling with Erie this year.  He played well at that level in 2015, so perhaps he's battling an injury.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=592301#/career/R/hitting/2016/ALL

Also, Ryne Stanek seems to have been moved to middle relief at Montgomery.  Not sure what the Rays have in mind long term for him.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=592773#/career/R/pitching/2016/ALL

"That's what." - she

bulldog04

Quote from: 89ALUM on June 14, 2016, 10:59:58 pm
Dominic Ficociello is really struggling with Erie this year.  He played well at that level in 2015, so perhaps he's battling an injury.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=592301#/career/R/hitting/2016/ALL

Also, Ryne Stanek seems to have been moved to middle relief at Montgomery.  Not sure what the Rays have in mind long term for him.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=592773#/career/R/pitching/2016/ALL
Looks like Hunter Wood got promoted and has been dealing and took starts from Stanek.  Chih-Wei Hu should get promoted soon and that will open a spot for Stanek.

yraciv

Quote from: bulldog04 on June 15, 2016, 09:36:39 am
Looks like Hunter Wood got promoted and has been dealing and took starts from Stanek.  Chih-Wei Hu should get promoted soon and that will open a spot for Stanek.

Damn forgot all about that guy! He is rolling! Not bad for a 29th round pick.

batonrougehawg

I apologize if this isn't the appropriate thread as I know Matt has been called up for a few weeks now. But Matt Reynolds is hitting .368 over the last 10 games for the Mets. Hats off to him.

WilsonHog

Michael Gunn is 2-0 with a 3.44 ERA and a 1.340 WHIP for the River City Rascals in the Frontier League. He's thrown 15.67 innings over 14 appearances.

jackflash

the move of Stanek to the bullpen I think gets him to the Major League

yraciv

Jalen Beeks called up to join Beni at AA Portland.

jacobp

woo.pig

June 26, 2016, 02:55:05 pm #40 Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 04:44:56 pm by woo.pig
Zack Cox is currently hitting .232/2/16 while playing 3B for the Wichita Wingnuts of the Independent League

yraciv

Stanek, along with Beni, headed to the MLB Futures Game.

yraciv

Bax has been practically unhittable since getting called up to AAA and moving to the pen.  Hope the twins give him a shot in the show soon.
http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=milb&player_id=571474#/career/R/pitching/2016/ALL

warriorlion

Trey has had some great outings as of late. 2-0, 17 k's.  Great to see him doing well!

pork in the whiskers

Got to see Barrett Astin pitch on Wednesday... middle relief. He pitched the 6th and really looked strong... 3 up, 3 down with 2 k's. He hit 92-94 on gun, with exceptional off-speed.

Also, the stadium in Pensacola is incredible! It sits right on the bay and has magnificent view! Probably going back tonight. The Blue Wahoos (AA Reds) have a lot of young talent and are fun to watch, even though I am a Cards fan.

jackflash

I would like to see my Yankees trade for Stanek think he would fix well in their bullpen

Big Nasty 34

Quote from: jackflash on July 23, 2016, 07:01:32 pm
I would like to see my Yankees trade for Stanek think he would fix well in their bullpen

Since they will probably sell one or 2 RPs next week.

ucahogfan

Quote from: jackflash on July 23, 2016, 07:01:32 pm
But why would the Rays who are looking to re-build trade a promising arm like Stanek who they believe will be a key piece in their pen very soon?

ricepig

Quote from: pork in the whiskers on July 23, 2016, 12:54:40 pm
Got to see Barrett Astin pitch on Wednesday... middle relief. He pitched the 6th and really looked strong... 3 up, 3 down with 2 k's. He hit 92-94 on gun, with exceptional off-speed.

Also, the stadium in Pensacola is incredible! It sits right on the bay and has magnificent view! Probably going back tonight. The Blue Wahoos (AA Reds) have a lot of young talent and are fun to watch, even though I am a Cards fan.

Flipping through the channels last night they had the Blue Wahoos on CoxSports, the look out to the coast was nice, nice stadium.

89ALUM

Lost in the Benintendi business was the fact that Blake Parker pitched last night for the Mariners.  Came in relief, pitched a scoreless inning and gave up a hit and a walk.  Welcome (back) to the show, Blake!

"That's what." - she