Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Connor Vanover committed to Tubby Smith & Memphis tonite ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, September 20, 2017, 09:33:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin McPherson

September 20, 2017, 09:33:36 pm Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:46:40 pm by Kevin McPherson
Connor Vanover committed to Tubby Smith & Memphis tonite ... per his Mom and former Arkansas hooper Robyn Vanover ... I reported via Twitter on Monday that Connor visited Memphis over the weekend (he was there at same time as '18 Hog offer Keonte Kennedy) ... Vanover had visited Memphis at least twice.

FineAsSwine

Hogs up! Covid down!

The_Iceman

Good for him. Wasn't what we were looking for. Don't mind kids like this finding a good home. Tubby is a fine coach and an honorable man.

HawgsPolo

Go Cubs Go!!!!!

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Kevin McPherson on September 20, 2017, 09:33:36 pm
Connor Vanover committed to Tubby Smith & Memphis tonite ... per his Mom and former Arkansas hooper Robyn Vanover ... I reported via Twitter on Monday that Connor visited Memphis over the weekend (he was there at same time as '18 Hog offer Keonte Kennedy) ... Vanover had visited Memphis at least twice.

* Got a quote from Connor that I tweeted tonite: "I think it's just the perfect fit," @Vanover_Connor told me about his commitment to Memphis. "A great HOF coach, a program on the rise to what it used to be, a great city w/resources, top of the line facilities, close to home, basically you name it they have it."

* I also tweeted this: CMA & Tubby Smith hinted Hogs-Memphis could happen by '18-19. Intrigued by potential matchup of former Wings Dan Gafford & Connor Vanover.

Arkamedes

Congratulations, Connor! I, personally, think you're going to be a very good player. I just hope you don't prove me right while playing the Hogs! WoooPig!
"The time is always right to do what is right." ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Rise above oneself and grasp the world." ~ Archimedes

texas tush hog

Quote from: Arkamedes on September 21, 2017, 03:45:45 am
Congratulations, Connor! I, personally, think you're going to be a very good player. I just hope you don't prove me right while playing the Hogs! WoooPig!

That terrifies me as well. Tubby will develop the boy in five years and boy does this kid have an upside Tubby is a great coach and a helluva guy, Congrats Conner.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: texas tush hog on September 21, 2017, 08:55:39 am

That terrifies me as well. Tubby will develop the boy in five years and boy does this kid have an upside Tubby is a great coach and a helluva guy, Congrats Conner.

Or, maybe in two years he transfers to UA ala Alandise and Dusty.
Hogs up! Covid down!

draftkings33

Man yall must have watched a different Tubby Smith than me last year

mhuff

Think Tubby will improve his game. Here's wishing Connor health and happiness .

jackflash

FineAsSwine

GuvHog must not have seen this thread because if he had.... Ohhh boy!
Hogs up! Covid down!

Good for Connor. Nice young man and sounds like he picked a great spot. It always amazed me on here when people said maybe he should walk-on at Arkansas. His options were always going to be better than walking on.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Karma on September 22, 2017, 09:08:33 am
Good for Connor. Nice young man and sounds like he picked a great spot. It always amazed me on here when people said maybe he should walk-on at Arkansas. His options were always going to be better than walking on.

I think he will do well but will most likely need to redshirt and work on his body. By the time he is a junior, he has a good chance to be a significant contributor.
Hogs up! Covid down!