Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norvell to Gators?

Started by Paul, October 30, 2017, 01:07:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

East Clintwood

Quote from: llemmonds on October 31, 2017, 04:56:09 pm
The one coach who would keep other SEC coaches up at night if he was named coach at Florida is Chip Kelly. I know its a long shot for Arkansas but if I was AD in search of a coach the first call I make is to Kelly's agent, offer him 8-10mil and make him say no.

Jeff doesn't think like that though.

He's searching for the next Jim Grobe.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

daprospecta

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 30, 2017, 04:00:17 pm
Mullen not easy to deal with.  But the Florida AD knows him.

Frost would make a lot of sense.  Already has started building in state connections.  And he should obviously want this job over Nebraska. 

If Norvell chose Arkansas over Florida, I would see him as dumber than Bielema leaving Wisconsin for Arkansas. 
Florida just fired a coach who made it to back to back SEC Championships. Arkansas would be content with 8 win seasons.  Which would YOU choose?

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Dominicanhog

Quote from: my3boneheads on October 30, 2017, 09:27:27 pm
Tennessee gets Gruden. We get Wade Phillips

I mentioned Wade the other day after he was brought up to me by an ex Hog athlete.. he actually knows WP... but Wade is 70 years old, just don't see it...

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: daprospecta on October 31, 2017, 08:05:00 pm
Florida just fired a coach who made it to back to back SEC Championships. Arkansas would be content with 8 win seasons.  Which would YOU choose?

Florida.  I wouldn't be taking a job to just do enough to stay employed.  I would want to play for and win championships.  Can do that more often at Florida. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

ChicoHog

UF also would rather lose 50-45 than win 10-7.  Kind of like Hog fans.  They just want someone who can score points.  I'd rather have someone who wins regardless how they do it. 

King Kong

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 03, 2017, 02:26:10 pm
UF also would rather lose 50-45 than win 10-7.  Kind of like Hog fans.  They just want someone who can score points.  I'd rather have someone who wins regardless how they do it.

100% correct on FL fans. I think at Arkansas if we actual had a defense that could win 10-7 against quality opponents would get behind that.