Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB... #7 on Coaches Hot Seat

Started by moses_007, May 13, 2017, 04:08:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

moses_007

Yes, the Boss Hog is #7 on the Coaches Hot Seat.

http://coacheshotseat.com/chsblog/archives/2960

A good Arkansas-alum friend of ours who lives in Ft. Smith, Arkansas and was with his wife in San Francisco recently on a business trip told us at dinner one night the following about Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema:

"Whatever the Hell voodoo hex that Bielema has over Arkansas fans is something I would love to bottle and sell to football coaches everywhere, because there's no explanation for someone having a 10 – 22 record in SEC play in four seasons on the job having his ass kissed pretty much around the clock by Hog fans!"

twistitup

Is he IN the hotseat or AMONG the hotseats ?
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

azhog10

Quote from: moses_007 on May 13, 2017, 04:08:58 am

A good Arkansas-alum friend of ours who lives in Ft. Smith, Arkansas and was with his wife in San Francisco recently on a business trip told us at dinner one night the following about Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema:

"Whatever the Hell voodoo hex that Bielema has over Arkansas fans is something I would love to bottle and sell to football coaches everywhere, because there's no explanation for someone having a 10 – 22 record in SEC play in four seasons on the job having his ass kissed pretty much around the clock by Hog fans!"
So true!

But CBB has done quite a bit off the field. He has a bit of "Nutt" in him (no pun intended) and seems to say the right things most of the time. I am pulling for him to turn things around but his time is running short with the fan base.

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

Coaches hot seat should be on the hot seat themselves. Some of their picks are dumb. Besides we've covered this already.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hobhog

So you quote your friends wife verbatim when you go to San Fransisco? Do you tape her and play it back to post on Hogville?

hoglady

SEC West has 3 coaches in the Top 7.

Got to admit Coach B's numbers do look bad - but hopefully those start turning around this year.
I was glad to see the blog mention the absolutely ridiculous buyout, though.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

Quote from: hobhog on May 13, 2017, 06:50:20 am
So you quote your friends wife verbatim when you go to San Fransisco? Do you tape her and play it back to post on Hogville?

That's a quote from the person who wrote the blog.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Hoggish1

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bphi11ips

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 13, 2017, 06:26:46 am
Coaches hot seat should be on the hot seat themselves. Some of their picks are dumb. Besides we've covered this already.

Not quite as colorfully or as directly as that guy did. 

Seebs

For 4MM a year I'd sit just about anywhere.

This kind of blogging is why the national IQ has dipped to Gump levels.

'A good Arkansas-alum friend of ours who lives in Ft. Smith, Arkansas and was with his wife in San Francisco recently on a business trip told us at dinner one night the following about Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema'

If what I said during business trips made it third person to semi successful blogs I would be in prision.  Talk about a hot seat
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

East TN HAWG

There are three coaches on that list that have Arkansas ties CBB, Haynes and Ash.

Hawgar The Horrible

I am waiting to hear what the Arkansas-alum friend from Eudora, on a business trip to Stamps, has to say.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

LZH

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 13, 2017, 09:23:03 am
I am waiting to hear what the Arkansas-alum friend from Eudora, on a business trip to Stamps, has to say.

Prolly not much....they're all LSU fans down that way.

MultipleScoreGasms

In my mind, if CBB is on the hot seat, then JL should be on the hotter seat.  He is the author of the ridiculous buy out.  I like CBB, so I hope for the best, but he doesn't get paid $4M/year for me to like him.
  If this year goes poorly and we can't release him because of the buyout, JL needs to go and the next AD should make the decisions about our future coaching.

Hogwild

Quote from: MultipleScoreGasms on May 13, 2017, 10:46:08 am
In my mind, if CBB is on the hot seat, then JL should be on the hotter seat.  He is the author of the ridiculous buy out.  I like CBB, so I hope for the best, but he doesn't get paid $4M/year for me to like him.
  If this year goes poorly and we can't release him because of the buyout, JL needs to go and the next AD should make the decisions about our future coaching.

I agree 100%.

LR54

Ah, the stupidity of overall records with no context.

2 years following dumpster fire - 2-14.

Last 2 years - 8-8. Tied for 3rd in SECW, ahead of Auburn and MS St.

hawgbawb

8-8 last 2 years in the toughest league in the country. That's not shabby.
I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

LZH

Quote from: LR54 on May 13, 2017, 11:41:26 am
Ah, the stupidity of overall records with no context.

2 years following dumpster fire - 2-14.

Last 2 years - 8-8. Tied for 3rd in SECW, ahead of Auburn and MS St.

Ah, the two year pass......

Torqued pork

I would be more worried about the program if he wasn't on hot seat lists this far in with that record.

razorsharptusk

It's a game of money.  If buyout was cheaper, he may of been gone this year.  But he is graduating kids and his buyout is high.  That said, if he ends up with a bad year this year, graduation rates or not, it's time to move on. Question is....who's next?
GO HOGS!!

grayhawg

Sorry guys but after the Missouri and VTech fiascoes I'm off the CBB train, until I see something to change my mind I don't care if he's fired.

LZH

He and Long both best hope I don't win the FL lottery....buyouts would not be a problem anymore.

Hogs-n-Roses

Al Boarland

Quote from: razorsharptusk on May 13, 2017, 11:58:54 am
It's a game of money.  If buyout was cheaper, he may of been gone this year.  But he is graduating kids and his buyout is high.  That said, if he ends up with a bad year this year, graduation rates or not, it's time to move on. Question is....who's next?
Whoever it is will face the same challenges CBB has to deal with.

go hogues

Quote from: hawgbawb on May 13, 2017, 11:45:56 am
8-8 last 2 years in the toughest league in the country. That's not shabby.
Especially considering our annual low level SEC recruiting rankings.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

go hogues

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 13, 2017, 12:29:34 pm
This.

Short of paying guys, ala Freeze, a new coach can't fix our wide gap in talent.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

LZH

Quote from: go hogues on May 13, 2017, 12:38:27 pm
This.

Short of paying guys, ala Freeze, a new coach can't fix our wide gap in talent.

Seems like BP did alright with classes that never cracked the Top 20. We all realize it takes an exceptionally talented coach to win here......problem is BB isn't one of them. He's good, but no different than Nutt in that he certainly has his limitations.

He still has time to prove me wrong, but especially after 2016 I see no reason to think he can do any better than pray for 8 wins each year and maybe stumble upon a 9-10 win season every decade or so.

And the irritation caused by his mediocre record pales in comparison to all the excuses flung around on his behalf from those here who seem perfectly fine with it.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2017, 01:41:51 pm
Seems like BP did alright with classes that never cracked the Top 20. We all realize it takes an exceptionally talented coach to win here......problem is BB isn't one of them. He's good, but no different than Nutt in that he certainly has his limitations.

He still has time to prove me wrong, but especially after 2016 I see no reason to think he can do any better than pray for 8 wins each year and maybe stumble upon a 9-10 win season every decade or so.

And the irritation caused by his mediocre record pales in comparison to all the excuses flung around on his behalf from those here who seem perfectly fine with it.

NO DIFFERENT THAN NUTTLESS!!!

Them fightin' words boy....Led Zepplin or not!
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

MuskogeeHogFan

May 13, 2017, 02:06:03 pm #30 Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 02:43:44 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2017, 01:41:51 pm

Allow me to submit something for your consideration. I'll say that Bielema's problem is one of timing (you know, right place at the right time or vice versa?). I'll even go so far as to say that if BP or HDN were here right now, they might not be having much more if any more success than Bielema. Take a look at how much more talent has been acquired by the teams that we face (as it relates to being good enough to be drafted) from the 2013-2017 drafts compared to the period of of drafts from 2008-2012.

Alabama has had (2013-2017) 41 players drafted, 26 of those in the 1st through 3rd Rounds. From 2008-2012 they had 24 and 18.
LSU: 35 and 20 compared to 30 and 16.
Florida: 35 and 17 compared to 20 and 11.
Georgia: 21 and 8 compared to 28 and 10.
A&M: 18 and 12 compared to 13 and 3.
Auburn: 17 and 7 compared to 15 and 8.
Missouri: 16 and 9 compared to 13 and 8.
Miss St: 13 and 7 compared to 9 and 2.
Ole Miss: 11 and 6 compared to 10 and 5.

As you can see, some have improved a great deal, others have remained about the same but Alabama, A&M and Miss State have improved.

As for us we had 22 drafted from 2013-2017 with 3 of those in the 1st through 3rd Rounds and from 2008-2012 we only had 15 drafted but 5 of those were in the 3rd Round or higher.

We have also added more talent overall, just not enough high end talent to match a lot of other teams. Would we prefer to have 22 drafted and only 3 of those in the 1st-3rd Rounds or would we rather have fewer draft choices but more of them be of the variety who gets drafted somewhere in the 1st three rounds? I know which I would prefer.
Go Hogs Go!

Sivad

Quote from: Hawgar The Horrible on May 13, 2017, 09:23:03 am
Worth about the same weight.

LZH

MHF you've done your homework, and it's much appreciated. But my contention has been, and will always be (regardless of who the coach is) that Arkansas is a program that shouldn't be so tolerant with sub .500 SEC seasons, or 7-6 records, or playing also-ran to our SECW competition. We're the same program/fanbase that just 6-7 years ago was shouting "you CAN win at Arkansas!"

A spade is a spade is a shovel. Just because everyone else in the SEC has improved their talent and we haven't kept up only screams 'we have the wrong man at the helm.' Over the past decade or two as Walmart and Target have grown I bet that Sears and JC Penney haven't kept the same CEO's, and I bet their stockholders didn't say "it's OK that we're going broke because our competition has really gotten better." And that is where I see all this going - to be expected to shutup, love that helmet (with our Hog tithes and T-shirts), and be by-God happy when Memphis or Shreveport calls in December.

Sorry, I just can't get on board with that.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Al Boarland on May 13, 2017, 12:29:34 pm
Though I dont want Bielema fored, I can agree with you. Our coach has a history of blowing leads/close games and it didnt start this year. Almost every A&M loss has been a blown lead. Remember when we had #1 miss st beat in starkville but couldnt make the game winning kick? There was the 14-13 loss to bama where we left several touchdowns and fieldgoals on the field. 2017 shouldve been a 9 win season but we found ways to lose, as we so often do
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Steef

Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2017, 03:15:56 pm
MHF you've done your homework, and it's much appreciated. But my contention has been, and will always be (regardless of who the coach is) that Arkansas is a program that shouldn't be so tolerant with sub .500 SEC seasons, or 7-6 records, or playing also-ran to our SECW competition. We're the same program/fanbase that just 6-7 years ago was shouting "you CAN win at Arkansas!"

A spade is a spade is a shovel. Just because everyone else in the SEC has improved their talent and we haven't kept up only screams 'we have the wrong man at the helm.' Over the past decade or two as Walmart and Target have grown I bet that Sears and JC Penney haven't kept the same CEO's, and I bet their stockholders didn't say "it's OK that we're going broke because our competition has really gotten better." And that is where I see all this going - to be expected to shutup, love that helmet (with our Hog tithes and T-shirts), and be by-God happy when Memphis or Shreveport calls in December.

The carrot that dangles in front of our nose every few years is one or even two glorious seasons, separated by four or five mediocre/bad seasons.

And the reason for those abnormally good seasons is always...one stellar recruiting class.

Bobby had one stellar class and it gave him one good and one great season. (and he STILL couldn't beat Nick)

HDN had a ten year career and in that span...he had DMAC/FELIX/HILLIS fall into his lap and Matt Jones fall into his lap. Separated by...yep...a dismal stretch.

And then we always have to start over with a new coach and depleted bench.

I don't mind Bret's record for the first two years. I don't mind that he needed five years (originally) to build us up. I LIKED where his vision was taking us.

I DO MIND...that he lost control of his team in year four. I also mind that instead of five years to achieve his vision, he now needs six, seven, eight years...because he had to learn the hard way that some of his vision just would...not...work....in the SEC.

Now...my opinion isn't worth a glass of water, but that's never stopped me before. In year five, he's gonna have to convince me all over again...that he even knows what the heck he's doing. Win or lose.

Because I didn't see that last year.

daBoar

Quote from: Steef on May 13, 2017, 03:47:03 pm
Now...my opinion isn't worth a glass of water, but that's never stopped me before. In year five, he's gonna have to convince me all over again...that he even knows what the heck he's doing. Win or lose.

All said very well.  Sad, too.

MuskogeeHogFan

You really aren't going to like what I have to say now. Actually the number of 1st-3rd Rounders from draft years of 2008-2012 are little bit loaded, in that we had some pretty good talent on board that makes the 1st-3rd Round numbers look better than they were in that time. McFadden, Felix Jones and Marcus Harrison were all in the top 3 rounds in the 2008 Draft. Who were the others during that 2008-2012 time frame? Mallett (2011) and Bequette (2012).

My point being, we haven't been loaded with that kind of talent while our more difficult SEC opponents, even if they have fewer draft picks overall than us, seem to find a way to land higher numbers of the talent that resides in the first three rounds. Game changers? Probably most of the time. Not just good but very good.

What we need is for half or more of the kids who do get drafted to be talented enough to be in those first rounds. Whether just that doggone talented when they arrive or through a year or two or three of development. Everyone wants to win more but in all fairness, if we aren't going to have a throw it all over the field offensive scheme guided by an offensive genius (or darned near) where the defense is less important, we better start recruiting and developing more and better players on both sides of the ball or we are always going to be right where we are in this conference. 
Go Hogs Go!

jkstock04

Bielema isn't on any hot seat. Those who think different either haven't been paying attention or know little about our athletic department.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

bphi11ips

To be honest, Arkansas is probably ahead of only Vanderbilt in recruiting position, and even Vanderbilt is better positioned geographically.  Vandy just doesn't care enough about football to be Stanford. 

The only reason Arkansas has overachieved for so long is because of the passion of its statewide fanbase. Frank Broyles didn't necessarily build it, but he turned the Razorbacks into an institution.  Because of that, Arkansas was able to nail down virtually every player from the state at a time when Little Rock produced 2 or 3 SEC quality players per year.  Little Rock doesn't produce the numbers it once did, and those it does produce are no longer locks. 

Even when Arkansas produces a bumper crop of athletes, it has to recruit well in east and north Texas.  The resurgence of TCU and Baylor and A&M's entry into the SEC has to have hurt us there.  Can we make up for losses in Texas with recruits from Florida, Louisiana, Missouri, Big Ten country, etc.?  Don't know.  The problem is not only distance, but we generally wind up with leftovers or projects when we try and take a national approach.  For example, nothing against Randy Ramsey, but he was rated as the 152nd player in Florida and the 99th LB in the country.  He may turn out to a J.J. Watt-type diamond in the rough, but that illustrates what Arkansas is up against in trying to draw quality players to make up for the reality that Arkansas just doesn't produce enough home-grown talent to compete in the SEC West, and most top-ranked kids and their parents aren't excited about traveling to Fayetteville for school and games, especially when they can stay much closer to home and play quality football and get a quality education.  In a nutshell, Arkansas is a much harder sell than we as fans and Arkansans like to admit.

Hopefully the new facilities will help with recruiting.  A 10-win season or two may help, but we didn't see it from 2010 and 2011.  It got worse. 

I think Bielema loses games he shouldn't because he's stubborn and impatient, but the fact that he stays out of the SEC West cellar with what he has to work with is a wonder.  Arkansas' s "tradition" is no longer 30 years of perennial Top 20 teams, it's 25 years without a conference championship.  That's hard to swallow, but it's true. 

LZH

Quote from: Steef on May 13, 2017, 03:47:03 pm
The carrot that dangles in front of our nose every few years is one or even two glorious seasons, separated by four or five mediocre/bad seasons.

And the reason for those abnormally good seasons is always...one stellar recruiting class.

Bobby had one stellar class and it gave him one good and one great season. (and he STILL couldn't beat Nick)

HDN had a ten year career and in that span...he had DMAC/FELIX/HILLIS fall into his lap and Matt Jones fall into his lap. Separated by...yep...a dismal stretch.

And then we always have to start over with a new coach and depleted bench.

I don't mind Bret's record for the first two years. I don't mind that he needed five years (originally) to build us up. I LIKED where his vision was taking us.

I DO MIND...that he lost control of his team in year four. I also mind that instead of five years to achieve his vision, he now needs six, seven, eight years...because he had to learn the hard way that some of his vision just would...not...work....in the SEC.

Welp, the idea that BP's success here was due to a great recruiting class holds an awful lot of water. But, that class was rated no higher than 24th iirc. So were they underrated or was he just that much better at talent evaluation, placement, and development? Either way, BB hasn't come close to doing that himself. And referring to Nutt having great players falling into his lap (which definitely happened, although he still should get some credit for signing them), BB has two homegrown studs on defense right now (Greenlaw and Sosa) to build around. We'll see what happens.

A win is a win, but after the LTU game last year, no one on here will ever convince me that they didn't say to themselves "uh oh". BB may be 8-8 over the past two years (or whatever it is), but we have to be the most inconsistent "3rd place" team I've ever seen. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't expect to see anything different this year.

WorfHog

I'll judge him on his merits going forward. I'm thinking this next season is going to be tough as we didn't really fix our problems on defense, we don't have the talent to run a 3-4 and Rhoads coached arguably the weakest unit on the field (which is tough becasue the linebackers were pretty bad). Another 7-6 or worst season and he's on the molten seat. Hog fans want to see a double digit win total. This year and next year will determine his fate.

LZH

Quote from: bphi11ips on May 13, 2017, 04:22:08 pm
To be honest, Arkansas is probably ahead of only Vanderbilt in recruiting position, and even Vanderbilt is better positioned geographically.  Vandy just doesn't care enough about football to be Stanford. 

The only reason Arkansas has overachieved for so long is because of the passion of its statewide fanbase. Frank Broyles didn't necessarily build it, but he turned the Razorbacks into an institution.  Because of that, Arkansas was able to nail down virtually every player from the state at a time when Little Rock produced 2 or 3 SEC quality players per year.  Little Rock doesn't produce the numbers it once did, and those it does produce are no longer locks. 

Even when Arkansas produces a bumper crop of athletes, it has to recruit well in east and north Texas.  The resurgence of TCU and Baylor and A&M's entry into the SEC has to have hurt us there.  Can we make up for losses in Texas with recruits from Florida, Louisiana, Missouri, Big Ten country, etc.?  Don't know.  The problem is not only distance, but we generally wind up with leftovers or projects when we try and take a national approach.  For example, nothing against Randy Ramsey, but he was rated as the 152nd player in Florida and the 99th LB in the country.  He may turn out to a J.J. Watt-type diamond in the rough, but that illustrates what Arkansas is up against in trying to draw quality players to make up for the reality that Arkansas just doesn't produce enough home-grown talent to compete in the SEC West, and most top-ranked kids and their parents aren't excited about traveling to Fayetteville for school and games, especially when they can stay much closer to home and play quality football and get a quality education.  In a nutshell, Arkansas is a much harder sell than we as fans and Arkansans like to admit.

Hopefully the new facilities will help with recruiting.  A 10-win season or two may help, but we didn't see it from 2010 and 2011.  It got worse. 

I think Bielema loses games he shouldn't because he's stubborn and impatient, but the fact that he stays out of the SEC West cellar with what he has to work with is a wonder.  Arkansas' s "tradition" is no longer 30 years of perennial Top 20 teams, it's 25 years without a conference championship.  That's hard to swallow, but it's true. 

I'm not dismissive of our recruiting issues, but even so, all we have read here is how much better our recruiting is now. That is, until we lose games we shouldn't. If I'm not mistaken, we have a load of 4* players on the lines and have not seen any real improvement.

Bottom line, though, is if BB & Co. hadn't given away a couple of games each year we'd be closer (on paper anyway) to where we'd like to be.

LRrazorback

7 is probably a little low.

I said when he was hired, as coach at Arkansas you have to be exceptional at something, to offset recruiting. Being very good isn't enough. Unfortunately CBB isn't exceptional at any aspect of coaching

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: LRrazorback on May 13, 2017, 04:50:41 pm
7 is probably a little low.

I said when he was hired, as coach at Arkansas you have to be exceptional at something, to offset recruiting. Being very good isn't enough. Unfortunately CBB isn't exceptional at any aspect of coaching
This.
I'm not saying anything I haven't said a dozen times before.
But yes, you have to be exceptional to win big here.
BP was an exceptional offensive mind. That leveled the playing field against the SEC big boys quite a bit.
People overrate the talent on those 2010-11 teams. They had some good players, no doubt, but seriously...much better than Alex Collins, Hunter Henry, Kirkland, etc?. 2010-11 was good talent, but it was mostly Petrino's brain that went 21-5 those two years. He's done that everywhere he's been. He's never coached at a premier school. And now he's at Louisville where he's turned a 3-star recruit Lamar Jackson into a Heisman winner. 3-star recruit. Do more with less.
Even that wasn't enough to keep up with all the athletes LSU and Alabama typically has, but that's just something we have to live with as Arkansas fans. That problem is older than most of us, and it ain't changing anytime soon.
Bielema is a good coach and represents the program well. He's just not exceptional at anything.

Vantage 8 dude

So what? At this point it will be up to Long and the rest of the administration to make that ultimate decision. In the end it totally makes no different what some publication/website/sports writer or whomever says or surmises.

Steef

Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2017, 04:35:32 pm
Welp, the idea that BP's success here was due to a great recruiting class holds an awful lot of water. But, that class was rated no higher than 24th iirc. So were they underrated or was he just that much better at talent evaluation, placement, and development? Either way, BB hasn't come close to doing that himself. And referring to Nutt having great players falling into his lap (which definitely happened, although he still should get some credit for signing them), BB has two homegrown studs on defense right now (Greenlaw and Sosa) to build around. We'll see what happens.

A win is a win, but after the LTU game last year, no one on here will ever convince me that they didn't say to themselves "uh oh". BB may be 8-8 over the past two years (or whatever it is), but we have to be the most inconsistent "3rd place" team I've ever seen. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't expect to see anything different this year.

Had a five star QB that didn't get ranked in that class. Several four star RBs. Joe Adams and slew of WRs. Regardless of what it was ranked, that class put Bobby on the map.

LZH

Quote from: Steef on May 13, 2017, 05:22:25 pm
Had a five star QB that didn't get ranked in that class. Several four star RBs. Joe Adams and slew of WRs. Regardless of what it was ranked, that class put Bobby on the map.

It did. I still say that he could have been one hell of a recruiter if/when he really wanted to be.

Steef

Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2017, 05:30:13 pm
It did. I still say that he could have been one hell of a recruiter if/when he really wanted to be.

When he got here, his hair was on fire to 'prove' himself all over again.

Apparently, he met Sweetie somewhere in year 2-3...'cause he started mailing it in.

jkstock04

Quote from: LZH on May 13, 2017, 04:47:13 pm
I'm not dismissive of our recruiting issues, but even so, all we have read here is how much better our recruiting is now. That is, until we lose games we shouldn't. If I'm not mistaken, we have a load of 4* players on the lines and have not seen any real improvement.

Bottom line, though, is if BB & Co. hadn't given away a couple of games each year we'd be closer (on paper anyway) to where we'd like to be.
Supposedly this is the deepest we have been since being in the SEC. Yet we would be ecstatic if we were to win 8 games this year. Something with that scenario doesn't add up. 
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Steef on May 13, 2017, 05:22:25 pm

What put bp on the map was his success at Louisville before the NFL.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?