Started by klp1, March 27, 2017, 11:14:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

klp1

from Twitter

Jon Rothstein‏Verified account
@JonRothstein

Follow
More
Marquette grad transfer Duane Wilson tells me that he's considering Texas A&M, Arkansas, Nevada, Georgia Tech, Georgia, and Virginia.

Hawg Red

Interesting.

Wilson averaged 11-12 PPG for Marquette before this season, but his scoring production dipped to 4.8 PPG. His playing time when down by 12 MPG, from 28 as a freshman and sophomore to 16 minutes per as a junior. Didn't put up big assist numbers at any point.

King Kong

HOGINTENNESSEE

Apparently just visited A&M. IMO you can never have too many experienced ball handlers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lmk-u86TVZQ"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UlDjzX-V4Fo"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The_Iceman

Not a bad add if we can't get Zhaire Smith or a big. Those two need to come first.

Pinto

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 27, 2017, 01:08:59 pm
Not a bad add if we can't get Zhaire Smith or a big. Those two need to come first.

I agree. Although we need a true point guard next year, I would prefer a very solid freshman  that will contribute immediately and stick around 3-4 years over a grad transfer that will only be here for a year...

NWAHog479

Good to see that a grad transfer is looking at us, but I'm with the other guys, give me Zhaire and a possible big and then this guy. If somebody does transfer that could shake some things up as well, but hoping everybody stays put so we can develop them.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Pinto on March 27, 2017, 02:54:17 pm
I agree. Although we need a true point guard next year, I would prefer a very solid freshman  that will contribute immediately and stick around 3-4 years over a grad transfer that will only be here for a year...

Barford / Beard / Glasper
Macon / Garland
CJ Jones / Hall

Our biggest need is a big. Or a PF that can contribute. You don't pass on a Zhaire Smith if he wants to commit. If you add enough good long SF's like Smith and Hall, you could see Mike going with two SF's and a Center like Gafford.

Pinto

Quote from: The_Iceman on March 27, 2017, 04:00:15 pm
Barford / Beard / Glasper
Macon / Garland
CJ Jones / Hall

Our biggest need is a big. Or a PF that can contribute. You don't pass on a Zhaire Smith if he wants to commit. If you add enough good long SF's like Smith and Hall, you could see Mike going with two SF's and a Center like Gafford.

I agree. I would love seeing Thompson and Gafford start together but I don't think they should if we don't have a legit backup big that can rebound and somewhat protect the basket. Would be nice if Adrio hit a nice growth spurt...

ballinhog

His freshman and sophomore numbers were real similar to Macon and Barfords numbers this year. If we can't find a better option then this guy wouldn't be bad. Three guard lineup and all 3 can score and distribute a little. Although all 3 could stand to improve some on their assist numbers. He was a top 100 player out of high school

ballinhog

I agree with everyone saying we need a big though. Question is if there's one out there that has mutual interest in us. I would like to have Gafford and Thompson play together some next year but if there's no other back up we already know we won't see it much.

One thing tho is next year we could at times see 2 of our 4's playing together without one of the bigs since we actually have a real 3 in Hall. It was hard this year to play 2 of our 4's together because they woulda had to play with 3 guards which woulda made us really small. Darious Hall could change that tho. You could occasionally see like Bailey, Thomas, and Hall with 2 of the guards. Then we're not so small, which leaves the opportunity for Gafford and Thompson to play together some.

rude1

He isn't a PG that for sure, doesn't shoot it particularly well from the field or from 3. Maybe he is a good defender? I would rather us bring in another freshman to develop than taking this kid for a year.

azhog10

Would take a PG over a wing and maybe even over a big. But definitely over a wing.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: rude1 on March 27, 2017, 08:19:18 pm
He isn't a PG that for sure, doesn't shoot it particularly well from the field or from 3. Maybe he is a good defender? I would rather us bring in another freshman to develop than taking this kid for a year.

Last 2 years shot 50% from 2. Has average over 10pts per game twice.

rude1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on March 27, 2017, 09:03:10 pm
Last 2 years shot 50% from 2. Has average over 10pts per game twice.
Good catch, if you take away his three point shots he was .500 from the field. Better shooter than it initially looked.

Swinesong1