Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Carolina has imploded

Started by ADavisTheGOAT, February 18, 2017, 09:23:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ADavisTheGOAT

Our win against them may not hold up much longer. They're trailing Vandy with under 2 minutes to go.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

MikePiazza

Vandy is more than capable of blowing the lead. We should know.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 18, 2017, 09:24:11 pm
Vandy is more than capable of blowing the lead. We should know.
I don't know about that. USCe hasn't hit a 3 the entire game.

RazorSax

They will stay a top 50 win even losing a couple of more.

They will still stand as a road top 25 victory as well.

Swinesong1

Frank Martin is a great coach.  No way a great coach has a team that implodes. 

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 18, 2017, 09:26:21 pm
Frank Martin also turned Carolina into a top 3 sec team. Not many people can do that.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

ricepig

I'm just waiting to read what his wife tweets...

Swinesong1

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on February 18, 2017, 09:28:05 pm
Frank Martin also turned Carolina into a top 3 sec team. Not many people can do that.
How many NCAA tourney appearances?

MikePiazza

Except for Eddie Fogler...

Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

HOGINTENNESSEE

SC isn't imploding. Vandy has a ton of talent. Let's not forget they won at Fl and Bud.

ADavisTheGOAT

Would it be better for the Gamecocks to keep losing and hand us that 3 seed?

Swinesong1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 18, 2017, 09:29:18 pm
SC isn't imploding. Vandy has a ton of talent. Let's not forget they won at Fl and Bud.
Vandy has a ton of talent until they play the Hogs.  Then they're not good at all.  Thats the way it is with every Hog opponent.  That's the company line here in Jumpball. 

StuartDavin

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 18, 2017, 09:32:30 pm
Vandy has a ton of talent until they play the Hogs.  Then they're not good at all.  Thats the way it is with every Hog opponent.  That's the company line here in Jumpball.

Right

tennesseehogwild

Drew is going to be a force to be reckoned with very soon in the SEC.

HawgnCorona

If, we get 3 seed in the SECT instead...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Letsroll1200

South Carolina next game is at Florida. If we can take care of business we can get in the 3 spot.

Breems

My how the turntables.

Don't we need them to keep winning to make our only really good win look better? I suppose we should be more interested in stealing their #3 spot, though.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

realistichog

A .500 team has a TON of talent and they have a coach that is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Have you guys lost your minds? That is some of the dumbest crap I've ever read on hogville. Lmao

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 18, 2017, 09:26:21 pm

I guess you were in a coma this time last season?

Swinesong1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 18, 2017, 10:12:15 pm
I guess you were in a coma this time last season?
Guess you missed the sarcasm

HogBreath

You must have missed our last game against them.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Swinesong1

Quote from: HogBreath on February 18, 2017, 10:15:54 pm
You must have missed our last game against them.
OK...I'll try this again.  I am in no way saying Vandy ISN'T a good team!  My post was made because there are those who automatically declare a Hog opponent bad ONLY when they're playing the Hogs. But, they somehow become well-coached, talented and/or a good team for the rest of their schedule.

hogwood

Hogz87

It seems like this has been "typical" South Carolina for a decade now when, in all reality, I guess it's only been a couple years of this.  But yeah, they did the same thing last year but they started their collapse earlier in the season.  They'll still probably make the tourney, but it may get dicey.  They can salvage this swoon by winning their next game at at Florida, but if they follow that up by losing two of three against Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss and go one-and-done in the SEC tournament, then their tourney hopes may be in jeopardy.

Atlhogfan1

This was a little foreseeable.

Think it was Erie who pointed out what negative effects could come from that 4OT Bama game shortly after it. 

Takes nothing away from Hogs win.  Took care of business. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 18, 2017, 11:08:06 pm
This was a little foreseeable.

Think it was Erie who pointed out what negative effects could come from that 4OT Bama game shortly after it. 

Takes nothing away from Hogs win.  Took care of business.
true. it's not like they lost to vandy at home.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Tick Hog

Quote from: realistichog on February 18, 2017, 09:46:56 pm
A .500 team has a TON of talent and they have a coach that is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Have you guys lost your minds? That is some of the dumbest crap I've ever read on hogville. Lmao
S of S is 6th

Inhogswetrust

Really good arena in a good recruiting area. The only drawback is the proximity to ACC teams that have a much better tradition. They are like anyone else with good facilities. Having the right coach is most important.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: tennesseehogwild on February 18, 2017, 09:35:45 pm
Drew is going to be a force to be reckoned with very soon in the SEC.

He'll get a better job offer and bolt.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

wheelspigharvey

Quote from: Breems on February 18, 2017, 09:45:51 pm
My how the turntables.

Don't worry someone here did appreciate the reference

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 18, 2017, 11:08:06 pm

HOGINTENNESSEE

Well, they aren't good enough to come into Bud and blow us out from the opening tip. However, more than capable of winning at Bud

Chivas

Gonna steal that 3rd place spot boys!

Swinesong1

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 19, 2017, 08:12:36 am
Well, they aren't good enough to come into Bud and blow us out from the opening tip. However, more than capable of winning at Bud
But, people refuse to finish the sentence tho.  Only a very small group expected a win at Vandy.  At the end of the day, it ended up being a split.  Which is what the overwhelming majority of us expected. 

niels_boar

USC's biggest problem is that they are having to play three of the four best offenses in the SEC, all in a row and two on the road.  USC has some serious offensive deficiencies that Thornwell and treys can cover up on some nights.  Good offense puts a lot pressure on their defense to be perfect.  After UF they will have a chance to recover.
The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time.

Hooch

A hogs and bama win on Wednesday coupled with a USC loss at Florida makes USC the 5 seed going into the next to last weekend.

jackflash

frank Martin is a  good coach but really has only player

latrops

A little over a week ago it appeared that the Razorbacks had imploded.  They'll probably get things straightened out like we did.