Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What a Win.Hogs go on the road and beat a ranked team

Started by forrest city joe, February 15, 2017, 07:41:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cableguy

I'm going to toot my own horn on these past two wins. I said last week that the defense can be fixed if we played more zone defense. I said that the offense need to focus on getting our guards open instead of getting Kingsley the ball. To CMA credit he bit hard on his tongue and did those two things. This team pass the ball and screen better than it has all year in the South Carolina game.   

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

ShadowHawg

Quote from: FATHAWG08 on February 15, 2017, 08:58:58 pm
Great Adjustments made by CMA.

1. Shorten his rotation to about 8 players for majority of the game. This allow us to keep a good flow going on both ends of the Court.

2. Switching to zone gave us our best chance to win.This allow Mose,Macon,Dusty & Barford to played more minutes than usual. Kept them out of foul trouble as well as conserving  their energy from defending the whole court.

3. We played solid half court offense because our main core of players played more minutes together.

4. This team's performance tonight showed what this team is capable of. South Carolina is solid.

5. Now let's see if this can be duplicated going forward.We can't come out flat the next game like we did after the impressive Alabama win.

6. Kudos to the staff & players. Great Win!!!

1. Minutes and rotation were very close to the LSU game. The biggest difference being that Hannahs picked up Beard's minutes in the rotation because Anton's illness.

2. Using the zone helped a lot, but we also played a lot of man. Switching between the defenses is what made each more effective.

3. They didn't really play more minutes, but whatever, the offense was tough.

4. It sure did.

5. Ditto

6. Ditto

The OTR

Rooster Hogburn

I don't want to fire CMA, but it would be nice to get rid of the radio co-host. Is his name Zimmerman? He is awful in my opinion. Chuck is fine. Maybe a little overused as the voice of all 3 major sports. Such is life in the new corporate model of marketing  and running an athletic department.

"Something is wanting, and something must be done, or we shall be involved in all the horror of failure, and civil war without a prospect of its termination."
-Henry Knox

I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me. Heck, I'm just a poor ol' country boy and don't know much. It's just how I feel.

God and Jesus be with you. WPS!
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Pretty sure Joe started this thread because of his fondness for Mike.  And that is OK.  For this team it was a good win.

BUT MANY OF US ARE OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER WHEN THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN SO ROUTINE THAT THE ONLY WAY IT GETS MENTIONED IS IF WE FOUND A WAY TO LOSE IT, NOT WIN IT.

Hogs958

Quote from: Letsgohoggin on February 15, 2017, 08:10:22 pm
I agree Joe. Now support Bret this way. I love Botha yeoman attitude. Both deserve your support.
this